Louis Leblanc Discussion

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
That didn't take long , bust is a bust. Maybe he can try to get a job in Europe.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Real bad to see his career starting to slide at a young age. I guess you see it every year with different players on different teams.

Me personally I didn't like the pick when the Habs made the selection. Whether or not it was a publicity thing in Montreal or not just didn't like the pick.

The only thing I would of liked to see him get was a fair shot. He was often called up and sent down. I think he played with decent line mates not even a handful of times. Though it was up to him to stick out and never did.

When he went to Anaheim I figured he would be given a better chance, as Anaheim likes cheap players who can be like projects. Maroon was falling into Leblanc territory and he got his shot snd put it together.

Oh well I guess.

habitue*

Real bad to see his career starting to slide at a young age. I guess you see it every year with different players on different teams.

Me personally I didn't like the pick when the Habs made the selection. Whether or not it was a publicity thing in Montreal or not just didn't like the pick.

The only thing I would of liked to see him get was a fair shot. He was often called up and sent down. I think he played with decent line mates not even a handful of times. Though it was up to him to stick out and never did.

When he went to Anaheim I figured he would be given a better chance, as Anaheim likes cheap players who can be like projects. Maroon was falling into Leblanc territory and he got his shot snd put it together.

Oh well I guess.

Leblanc did not help himself but was also mishandled.

The guy played for four different teams over a four year period with different coaches and team mates. He got injured while playing for the Montreal Junior. He played rather well with Bourque and Eller for a while.

Got a feeling he's gonna get picked up by a low ranking team, though.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Meh, he can go back to Harvard if his hockey career doesn't work out or simply go play in a nice european country like Switzerland or Sweden.

Have you ever heard him in an interview? He's not exactly the intellectual type. Not sure he'll make it trough Harvard.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Still don't understand what happened with him. He was a competent if unremarkable NHLer in 12-13, no mean feat at age 20. And players don't typically fall off a cliff at that age.

habitue*

Have you ever heard him in an interview? He's not exactly the intellectual type. Not sure he'll make it trough Harvard.

I saw a show back then on French TV with him, Chiasson (now OTT) and Gélinas (NJ). The two others were very outspoken, articulate, and less shy than him.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Meh, he can go back to Harvard if his hockey career doesn't work out or simply go play in a nice european country like Switzerland or Sweden.

I know but he genuinely looks like a good guy who won't be able to achieve his dream to play in the Nhl. I have a problem feeling too much empathy for peoples :laugh:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Maybe he is gonna pay for their farm team? It's certain they weren't going to keep him. Thought he deserved another chance in the AHL as Hamilton was very very bad last few years.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

No excuse for sucking in the minor leagues..

NHL players force their teams to promote them by playing well no matter what situation they were in.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Fisher, Leblanc, Collberg.... I was right on 2 of them. Back then, some people didn't like me much when I said Leblanc and Collberg weren't good.

Now, some people will probably hate me even more when I say that McCarron will be a marginal player, at best.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Maybe he is gonna pay for their farm team? It's certain they weren't going to keep him. Thought he deserved another chance in the AHL as Hamilton was very very bad last few years.

He was good his first year in the AHL... then regressed and never showed any signs of improvement over the last two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad