Celebrity Death: Louie Anderson, 68

Sep 19, 2008
this sucks he was a pretty funny guy, jokes aside

he was in several FOX cartoons growing up, then he was on MAD TV on Bobby Lee 24 :laugh:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Damn, RIP. Louie was an absolute legend. Never ceased to make me laugh, one of my all-time favorite comedians.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Damn for some reason I thought he had died a while ago.

upload_2022-1-21_11-7-42.jpeg

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
One of the most popular comics of the late 80's and early 90's... I'm not sure why his mainstream popularity waned over the last couple of decades... maybe the bribery incident was a big reason why, or perhaps it's because he didn't age particularly well, so Hollywood likely stopped calling...

I found most popular comics from the 80's and 90's to be annoying, or just not funny... but Louie was neither of those

Not sure I'd go as far as to call him a legend, but he was certainly close to it...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
One of the most popular comics of the late 80's and early 90's... I'm not sure why his mainstream popularity waned over the last couple of decades... maybe the bribery incident was a big reason why, or perhaps it's because he didn't age particularly well, so Hollywood likely stopped calling...

I found most popular comics from the 80's and 90's to be annoying, or just not funny... but Louie was neither of those

Not sure I'd go as far as to call him a legend, but he was certainly close to it...

Baskets?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
RIP - always found him funny and enjoyable through any medium, and I feel like I'd been watching him in some capacity from when I was a kid in the 80s. I remember being excited for his cartoon (while it seemed barely anyone my age knew who he was - lol), and I still listen to his standup from time to time. I have yet to watch Baskets but I do have it on my To-Watch list ready to go once my wife stops w/the new series we watch together. I think his time on Family Feud deserves more praise than it gets, too. I thought he was way better than anyone else around him, but I realize his humor may not catch as broad an audience as the others did (which is good for comedy, but generally isn't seen as such for viewership).

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
His era of hosting Family Feud was strange. It didn't seem like he was well liked and he didn't host it very long. I kinda wish that version was aired in syndication somewhere (Same with Combs and Kern).

Reactions: Ozz

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
His era of hosting Family Feud was strange. It didn't seem like he was well liked and he didn't host it very long. I kinda wish that version was aired in syndication somewhere (Same with Combs and Kern).
I've seen reruns with Combs fairly recently. Can't remember what channel but quite possibly a Canadian one.

RIP Louie. Found him kind of annoying as a kid but grew to like him as I got older. He was hilarious in Baskets.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
RIP. Like the other poster, I thought he passed away a few years ago. Was a big fan back in the 90s. f*** cancer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad