Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.

keep telling yourself that

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
MSG is fantastic during the first three rounds when the fans have a fighting chance.

I'm worried about the Stanley Cup Finals. Tickets are literally $11,000 a seat.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Sadly, I think it’s the same across the board. The culture doesn’t exist, the tickets are way too expensive and there is no standing sections in the arenas. So the team with the most modern PA system combined with success at home will have the loudest arena.

Some teams do have standing sections or over capacity seating arrangements they can toss up in these situations. We had 'em last playoffs.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
All 16 arenas will be the loudest and the quietest. Having been to a few arenas during the playoffs, you can't really tell the difference between teams. Fans show up regardless

Reactions: Summer Rose

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sadly, I think it’s the same across the board. The culture doesn’t exist, the tickets are way too expensive and there is no standing sections in the arenas. So the team with the most modern PA system combined with success at home will have the loudest arena.
Standing room at SBA in Toronto is full most nights.
Cheapest ticket to stand for Home Game 1 is going for $222.25 right now.

Reactions: torontoblood

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.
You couldn't be more misinformed. The Jets have never, yes NEVER, not sold out a playoff game. While the Jets may not have THE loudest crowd, in the playoffs they are definitely one of the loudest each time they've been in the playoffs.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'll go with the players on this one

Vegas, Carolina, and Boston as the loudest

GKzqbOnXkAEV2z5

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
This is complete garbage. Look at Montreal for example, the Bell center is known as one of the best rinks to play in and it's 100% culture related. That season finale was electric, crowd was going crazy every time Hutson touched the puck. Not even a Habs fan but you have to admire it.

Reactions: torontoblood

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
This is complete garbage. Look at Montreal for example, the Bell center is known as one of the best rinks to play in and it's 100% culture related. That season finale was electric, crowd was going crazy every time Hutson touched the puck. Not even a Habs fan but you have to admire it.
It’s a mausoleum compared to European arenas.

Reactions: Nizami Ganjavi

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
You're not wrong, but there's definitively a difference team to team in the NHL. North American sports fans just aren't as rabid as Europeans.
It's just different norms. Singing, chanting and choreographed cheering is part of the experience in Europe for hardcore fans. It's kind of cool and makes for a neat atmosphere.

Except at concerts. Europeans insist on singing along. That shit is annoying.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
LOL maybe one of the funniest posts in awhile not sure if satire but I enjoyed a good laugh thanks OP

Reactions: BB79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad