Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.
NextBigThing watches hockey on mute with closed captions so it makes sense

WheatDings

Jul 7, 2014
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.
been to playoff games in Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary. Winnipeg is 10x louder. Nothing compares to that atmosphere.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
You have never been to a playoff game in Winnipeg, have you? When the team is firing on all cylinders there isn't a rink that’s louder.

For reference, check out game 3 vs Nashville in 2018, where the Jets erased a 3-0 deficit in about 5 minutes to start the 2nd period. Or even game 3 last year when they came back in the third, down 4-1 on a goal by Lowry with 23 seconds left to tie it up.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Rogers Place in Edmonton will be bonkers inside and outside the building as per usual

I assume the suits in Toronto will be the quietest

Quietest - Corporate crowd in Toronto
Loudest - honestly most of them, I’ll say Vancouver only because they’re back in the dance and have a good team with expectations
I'm not going to pretend that Toronto has the loudest arena in the playoffs, but I have been to every home playoff game since 2013 (excluding the 2020 and 2021 pandemic playoffs) and it's not as quiet as people here constantly make it out to be. The playoffs are a different story than the regular season.
Every rink is loud in the Playoffs.
Those saying Toronto have never been in the building during the Playoffs.
Yep, all people who have never step foot in the building, or quite frankly the city at all during the playoffs. The city is different.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I was skeptical of this thread when I saw the title.

This post confirmed that skepticism 100 times over.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Avs usually pretty country club during the reg season, with some O6 teams representing annoyingly well (mainly Chicago) because they all want to live in our lovely state.

Playoff time though, it usually gets pretty rowdy. I don't think they're at the top but it gets going. It's definitely not corporate at all

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
LA is gonna be a morgue. There's a reason we call Crypto.com arena "the crypt." Not gonna me much to cheer for there unless you're amemeber of the opposition.

If they DO do something cool, it'll get momentarily loud...but this whole season in particular the crowd is quiet because we're holding our breath for 2.5 hours hoping the team doesn't blow a 2-goal lead by sinking into a passive 1-3-1 and trying to bore everyone to the grave. We're constantly waiting for something bad to happen.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not sure if it’s just the mic setup but Tampa is surprisingly quiet for a team with so much success.

Best: Canes, Boston, Montreal, Rangers

MSG playoff game is on my bucket list, the atmosphere looks like a 10/10.
UBS is 1000x better than MSG during the playoffs and I’ve been to games in both. UBS has similar acoustics to Nassau Coliseum.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
When has Winnipeg ever failed to sell out a playoff game?
Never. The OP tried to peddle this BS in the Series thread and got shut down hard; his 'evidence' was an old HF thread that was locked since it was shown to be all based on lies. I don't know why he's persisting in his ignorance - maybe he has some ex from Winnipeg who broke his heart and he can't get over it.

At any rate, I touched base with my STH rep at True North yesterday and the entire first round is already sold out, save for a handful of singles and resale tickets. Resale tickets are starting at $295.63 for nosebleeds and go up to $1,064.25 (each) for four tickets on the glass behind the home bench.

And I would definitely argue that Winnipeg is the loudest arena in the playoffs. When the Jets tied the Preds in the second period in game three the crowd was so loud we couldn't hear the goal horn.

This would be an interesting thing for teams to try and quantify. Have a few independent and unbiased individuals in every arena armed with decibel meters and report back. The Bombers and Roughriders had a loudest crowd comparison a few seasons ago; TSN had decibel meters stationed at Mosaic Stadium and Investors Group Field for the Labour Day Classic and the Banjo Bowl respectively. IGF won by quite a bit iirc. That said, it's been argued that the difference came from differences in construction between the two stadiums and I can't really argue against that point. I've been to the Labour Day Classic at the old Taylor Field in Regina and it was pretty damn loud.

m.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Sadly, I think it’s the same across the board. The culture doesn’t exist, the tickets are way too expensive and there is no standing sections in the arenas. So the team with the most modern PA system combined with success at home will have the loudest arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad