Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello will not be Leafs GM next season - moves into Senior Advisor role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Lamariello's negotiation assistance would be good to keep around until the big 3 are extended, he's always been terrific at getting guys under contracts that look like steals quickly. Hope that he wants that advisory role

Reactions: supermann_98

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Beards, beards, beards, beards, beards, beards, beards, maybe one goatie?

0 goaties please. New GM must have 0 tolerance for goaties. Oh and any number the player wants unless its retired/honored. If Willy wants 92 go for it, 93 for marner is obviously a no go.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
So he won't be coming back as the GM, but he will still be involved with the Leafs as a senior adviser?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Lamariello's negotiation assistance would be good to keep around until the big 3 are extended, he's always been terrific at getting guys under contracts that look like steals quickly. Hope that he wants that advisory role
I hope he will. I think he's still got some valuable input on this team going forward.

Will be interesting to see how far the Leafs search will go. The GM coming in has to be alright in a group style management imo which for sure gives Dubas or Hunter the upper hand already.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Dubas’ area of weakness was trading, IMO. That’s why Lou Lam was such a good addition.

Well that and getting players to sign ludicrously good contract extensions.

I would be so shocked if the GM is not Dubas/Hunter.

Although... Brian Burke did leave the President position for the Flames...

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Dubas’ area of weakness was trading, IMO. That’s why Lou Lam was such a good addition.

Disgusting, that blowhard shouldn't even be allowed to visit Toronto let alon work in the front office

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Kind of a small sample size to come to that conclusion.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He did well. But I am excited for Dubas to likely take over. I'll be just as excited if it's Hunter.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Nope nope nope nope.

200.gif

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I hope he will. I think he's still got some valuable input on this team going forward.

Will be interesting to see how far the Leafs search will go. The GM coming in has to be alright in a group style management imo which for sure gives Dubas or Hunter the upper hand already.
I think it's 90% likely to be Dubas, keep Hunter in a personnel role - honestly good draft & development is at least as important as everything else combined for building and maintaining a contender

also think that any searching is already done, they knew this was coming so I don't see why you'd do it without the transition plan in place

Reactions: Liminality

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
This feels like the agreement between Dubas and Shanahan for him to take over instead of going to Colorado is indeed true.

and if shanny is confident in dubas, great stick to your word no matter how great a career lou had. If you promised Dubas "stick with the leafs next year you are GM" then follow that through

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Dubas or Hunter will do just fine. If I had my cake and could eat it too, I would appoint Dubas because he is wanted throughout the NHL right now with hoping that Hunter stays on in the Head of Scouting and Assistant GM role not wanting the main gig. Something tells me Hunter doesn't want to be a GM, here's hoping anyway. Or else we may lose one or the other depending on who is picked.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Happy to hear this. Lou didnt really do much while here besides help further the culture of the team. He helped get rid of the leafs choker mentality for the most part but wasnt able to get a big piece on the backend. I enjoyed his tenure here but he is too outdated and conservative imo. Hoping Dubas gets the job but is still 3rd in overall managerial power behind Shanny and Babcock. I want us to fix our drafting issues as well. The 2017 draft looks mediocre. We need to have some big drafts in 2018 and 2019. Need to find player who can be star level from these drafts to compensate for our weaknesses on the roster. Hope dubas/shanny give Hunter the message of drafting skilled and High IQ players. I want two top 4 dmen this offseason to go along with rielly(who should be a bonafide top 20 dman next year) dermott(should establish himself next year) and hopefully one of zaitsev/gardiner(either keep zaitsev and hope he recovers and trade jake, or keep Jake and sign him to a long term deal and trade zaitsev).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad