Lotto or Playoffs?

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Playoffs. Maybe one of our members finally sacrifices the right things in the right order and the Sharks go on a magical run or something vs just losing games to get some kid to maybe help out hella years down the line.

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
Playoffs, of course.

I can't see anyone who has been with the team throughout the years of mediocrity wishing being that again.

And, hey, this time they can only improve. Anything is better than what they pulled off last time.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Do you want to see the Sharks make the playoffs next season or become a lotto team?

If dw changes nothing else, why would our results change? He fixed no hole and made another at rw.

If he addresses the LHD issue and signs seto we would contend with best

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
There is no way we are a lotto (I am guessing this means top 3 draft pick) team for next years draft. Even getting rid of Thornton and Marleau would not guarantee that. I think we make it in the playoffs as a 5th or 6th seed team. Trading one of those guys would probably make us closer to the 8th seed. Getting rid of both would probably put us in the #14-#18 range for next years draft. We have too many talented players to become a lotto team.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I hope we are a lotto team because there is no chance in hell this is a cup team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Playoffs.

I feel sorry for everyone who answered lottery.

Sorry, but I'm bored of losing in the 1st or 2nd round. If I thought this team was a real contender obviously I'd say playoffs.

And frankly, just missing the playoffs puts you in a really good spot draft-wise this year. I'd say that the first tier of excellent prospects ends around #14 (not saying that all 14 are the same but all 14 are excellent). McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Barzal, Kylington, Konecny, White, Connor, Zacha, Strome, J. Roy, Sprong. So 12, and that's before someone else inevitably rises. I'd be happy with any of these players, and probably a few more.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This team needs to go for the Cup. They're too talented and too deep and in a division that isn't good enough to pass them up to get in a good lottery position without trading at least four of their core players.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This team needs to go for the Cup. They're too talented and too deep and in a division that isn't good enough to pass them up to get in a good lottery position without trading at least four of their core players.

But they won't. DW won't improve the team, which means they won't go for the Cup, which means the season is meaningless.

vatali

Life Long Slacker
May 27, 2005
Middle of nowhere
Looking at the schedule and its horrid start, we might be a lotto team in November. I don't see a playoff run in a team where the leaders and your prominent players were basically told they cant hack it, but go ahead and stay. This team has lotto written all over it, which sucks cause I really want to come out to SJ and see a good outdoor game.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
But they won't. DW won't improve the team, which means they won't go for the Cup, which means the season is meaningless.

See, I want to say playoffs, but this right here is my problem with that. This offseason seems like it isn't over. It's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but now it's starting to seem like this really is what we're going with. I don't get it.

Seen a lot of neutral articles that're wondering what it is we're doing, and for good reason. The main question in the offseason we had was rebuild, or build for a Cup run. Instead, this team now isn't built for much of anything either way.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Probably but that will only serve to hurt DW in the end since he'll be out of the job.

Maybe. Obviously this is baseless speculation but if Hasso felt he had DW in his pocket, why get rid of him?

See, I want to say playoffs, but this right here is my problem with that. This offseason seems like it isn't over. It's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but now it's starting to seem like this really is what we're going with. I don't get it.

Seen a lot of neutral articles that're wondering what it is we're doing, and for good reason. The main question in the offseason we had was rebuild, or build for a Cup run. Instead, this team now isn't built for much of anything either way.

Exactly. This team is built to be a 6th seed with the mentality of a 10th seed. It won't go well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4