Lottery thread part II - 865m Mega Millions Jackpot, 730m PowerBall Jackpot

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Going to buy a lottery ticket tonight, 44 million. Wish me luck. :)

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
$800 million. Put 5 bucks in the office pool just so I won't be the only one left in the office.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
$800 million. Put 5 bucks in the office pool just so I won't be the only one left in the office.

Make sure you draw up an agreement with names of those who put in

Or else you could end up with one of those nasty legal battles from those who didn't (Happens all the time)

As for me I spent $4 on PB ticket like I usually do when game gets big. I may buy a couple of more lines tomorrow on way home from work but wont go crazy

Seriously seeing people spending absurd sums on this lotto. I really want to tell them they need to step back and consider odds but at end of day its there money and they can do with it what they want

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
I've never gotten lotto tickets.

Which ones do I get at the gas station? Do they say powerball

Just ask for a Powerball ticket...or however many you're getting. They'll probably ask if you want the Power play which costs more but can multiply your winnings if you match a few numbers.

I can't believe the lines I saw on the news. I feel dumb enough just getting my one or two tickets but to waste time out of my life to do it...

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Is Powerball a government lotto or private company? Does some of revenue from ticket purchases go to govt tax funds?

Sep 19, 2008
Is Powerball a government lotto or private company? Does some of revenue from ticket purchases go to govt tax funds?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerball
Powerball is an American lottery game offered by 44 states plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. It is coordinated by the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL), a non-profit organization formed by an agreement with U.S. lotteries. Powerball's minimum advertised jackpot is $40 million (annuity); its record jackpot was $590,500,000 won in May 2013 by one ticket in Florida (surpassed by two Mega Millions jackpots).[1] Powerball's annuity is paid in 30 graduated installments; winners may choose cash instead. Drawings are held Wednesday and Saturday evenings at 10:59 p.m. Eastern time. The game uses a 5/69 (white balls) + 1/26 (Powerballs) matrix from which winning numbers are chosen. Each play costs $2, or $3 with the Power Play option. (Originally, Powerball plays cost $1; when PowerPlay began, such games were $2.) The official cutoff time for ticket sales is 10 p.m. Eastern; some lotteries discontinue sales earlier.[2] The drawings usually are held at the Florida Lottery’s studio in Tallahassee.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
So it looks like the govt doesn't take a cut in advance of the draw?

If you win, you get taxed, does that tax money go to the Feds or state?

Can Foreigners win?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad