Lottery thread part II - 865m Mega Millions Jackpot, 730m PowerBall Jackpot

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The Tennessee winners should have never gone public like this...

It sets them up for a lot of problems. Everyone will want a piece...Lawyer advised them to? WTF how did that dude pass the bar with that **** advice?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

It sets them up for a lot of problems. Everyone will want a piece...Lawyer advised them to? WTF how did that dude pass the bar with that **** advice?

Maybe they have dreamt all their life of becoming celebrities. And/or maybe they thought going public like that will get some reality TV producer to approach them, if they want to make a reality show out of their new life, although I doubt it (that's pushing it really far)

But other than that, that's indeed a very risky and dumb move.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

They will on one of those shows in a few years about how the lottery changed their life and how they pissed away $350 million.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Mistakes

-Coming forward early
-Apperaring On TV
-Bad Legal Advice
-Basically telling people you live close to that store

Sep 19, 2008
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-powerball-idUSKCN1AZ0BY

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A $2 investment could yield more than a half-billion dollars in the Powerball lottery's fifth-largest jackpot in a 25-year history that is up for grabs on Saturday. But the odds of winning are miniscule.

The multistate lottery's grand prize grew to an estimated $535 million by Friday afternoon after none of the nearly 65 million tickets sold matched the winning number for the $432 million prize in the previous drawing on Wednesday.

The Multi-State Lottery Association, which runs Powerball for 44 states as well as Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, said the size of the jackpot increases with the number of tickets sold, and could grow further before the drawing.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
$500M is usually the amount where I decide I should take a shot, but considering I live in IL and IL is not paying out lottery winners, my odds go even further down, as if they weren't bad enough already.

Sep 19, 2008
ðŸÂ¥Š TMT - Mike ðŸÂ¤œ - Today at 7:00 PM
lol
you should play it
the 1 billion dollar man or woman won it in chino hills! That's LA!
LOL
just remembered lavar ball is from chino hills. said nothing ever happened in chino hills until he came. he's right

lol if Lavar Ball wins the 700m lottery

If you thought he was bad now :laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6 billion after no winners were crowned Friday

I hate how the US lottery system give you this big huge number but you read the fine printing if you choose to get all your money in one lump payment, then you factor in taxes it's like 1/4 of that actual amount

Sep 19, 2008
I hate how the US lottery system give you this big huge number but you read the fine printing if you choose to get all your money in one lump payment, then you factor in taxes it's like 1/4 of that actual amount

who cares it's still a shitload more money than most of us will see in our lifetime

Reactions: Dooney

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
who cares it's still a ****load more money than most of us will see in our lifetime

Still it would be better if they sold it as this is the amount of money you will actually get

I like the way it's in Canada where they say if you win 50 Million, you know you are getting 50 Million

Reactions: powerstuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad