Proposal: Los Angeles - Montreal

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Los Angeles offers - Jake Muzzin (2 more years at 4m per year) + 2018 1st round pick (20 OA)

for

Montreal - 2018 1st round pick (3 OA) + 201# 2nd round pick (negotiable on year and and round, no lower than 3rd).

Montreal gets a way underpaid 2-way LD for two years, a player they can use immediately in his prime. Muzzin also has one of the hardest shots in the NHL. They give up a top winger prospect/draft choice which I believe they already have a lot of wingers. And they still have a pick in the 1st round.

Kings are deep at LD and although Muzzin is quality, this is LA's position of strength. LA gets back a top winger prospect to play with their other young forwards like Kempe and Vilardi, or play with Kopitar. LA cuts a small amount of salary which will go to re-signing Doughty. One of the many young LHDs in LA's system/roster will need to step up but we have a lot of these guys.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not completely terrible, but can't see Montreal doing this.

At least Muzzin is good and a need.

Maybe something smaller like Chucky and Muzzin ?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Los Angeles offers - Jake Muzzin (2 more years at 4m per year) + 2018 1st round pick (20 OA)

for

Montreal - 2018 1st round pick (3 OA) + 201# 2nd round pick (negotiable on year and and round, no lower than 3rd).

Montreal gets a way underpaid 2-way LD for two years, a player they can use immediately in his prime. Muzzin also has one of the hardest shots in the NHL. They give up a top winger prospect/draft choice which I believe they already have a lot of wingers. And they still have a pick in the 1st round.

Kings are deep at LD and although Muzzin is quality, this is LA's position of strength. LA gets back a top winger prospect to play with their other young forwards like Kempe and Vilardi, or play with Kopitar. LA cuts a small amount of salary which will go to re-signing Doughty. One of the many young LHDs in LA's system/roster will need to step up but we have a lot of these guys.
:laugh: You are not a LA fan by chance?What a terrible return for the Habs.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Not trading the 3OA for a vet, especially if said vet is not a C. I'd be open for a Galchenyuk/Muzzin swap though.

Reactions: hilarnat

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
This would be a step backward for the Habs in an attempt to try and compete when a rebuild is overdue.

That being said, Bergevin accepts. :sarcasm:

For real though: Muzzin is a good player but a bit to old for MTL who should be looking at a rebuild. The 3rd overall is way to valuable to us.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Maybe if the pick was closer to top 5-10.

I'm pretty sure that offer would be beat for 3rd OA alone, imagine if we're adding that pick!

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Just curious, if LA trades their 1st to move up in the 1st round to a higher pick, how much higher would LA need to get Montreal to "think about it"?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I feel Muzzin is more established, he obviously makes less/slightly smaller cap hit and plays the more valuable position. It's a foundation for a hockey trade but in this deal it looks like Montreal adds.

I was already thinking that. There's no good LD in free agency but a couple of good forwards. If Montreal were to try and "bandage" the team to push forward trading for a LD would be the main thing.

2nd, high 2nd, 2 2nds, prospect?

Just curious, if LA trades their 1st to move up in the 1st round to a higher pick, how much higher would LA need to get Montreal to "think about it"?

Because Montreal needs so much it would need to be a "wow" deal.

It doesn't make sense for LA unless Svechnikov falls to 3 and if he does, then it now makes no sense for Montreal.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I was already thinking that. There's no good LD in free agency but a couple of good forwards. If Montreal were to try and "bandage" the team to push forward trading for a LD would be the main thing.

2nd, high 2nd, 2 2nds, prospect?

Because Montreal needs so much it would need to be a "wow" deal.

It doesn't make sense for LA unless Svechnikov falls to 3 and if he does, then it now makes no sense for Montreal.

I'm ok with Zadina or Svech, and I believe 3OA will guarantee one. It's too bad we don't have a center prospect to part with (obviously we can't deal Vilardi) to seal the deal.

Does Montreal have a NHL-ready winger prospect? As a team trying to contend, we don't have much use for 2nds. If we did we couldn't offer the 20 OA which is like a very high 2nd. Or a protected 2019 1st...

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm ok with Zadina or Svech, and I believe 3OA will guarantee one. It's too bad we don't have a center prospect to part with (obviously we can't deal Vilardi) to seal the deal.

Does Montreal have a NHL-ready winger prospect? As a team trying to contend, we don't have much use for 2nds. If we did we couldn't offer the 20 OA which is like a very high 2nd. Or a protected 2019 1st...
On ELC the have have scherbak and Lehkonen both were in the NHL this year.
Scherbak had 30 points in 26 ahl games this year before his call up. (7 points in 29 NHL games).
Lehkonen was in his sophomore year, had 18 goals as a rookie (20 goal pace), this played injured for a while, sat out (same injury), and wasn't fully recovered until the last 20 games or so. Also used on our PK unit.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Vilardi.You have nothing else that would make sense for both teams.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

for

OMG. This is horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad