GDT: Los Angeles Kings vs. Montreal Canadiens 10/11/18: 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Nice clean looking GDT.

Hey Runner, what's with your obsession with the damn torch? :laugh: :sarcasm:
It's 50/50 whether we see it or not .

You'd think Roy could've let his assistants coach for one game to attend the ceremony. It feels a little weak without the one most responsible for the Cup. Oh well

Go :habs Go​

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nice clean looking GDT.

You'd think Roy could've let his assistants coach for one game to attend the ceremony. It feels a little weak without the one most responsible for the Cup. Oh well

Go :habs Go​

They should bring out a blow torch after MB's dismantling job.

Reactions: Hansman and PhysicX

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Kings have been one of the best defensive teams in recent years. Phaneuf is overpaid but playing on the 3rd D pairing. I don't think the Habs are telling themselves the Kings are not good defensibly cause Phaneuf is playing 3rd pairing.

Kings have a big team that can skate. We are going to be tested cause the Habs don't do well against teams with like this. Is this season different cause we are a younger and faster team? Well, lets see. The Pens and Leafs are different challenges vs the Kings. They still have very good top 2 centers but the Kings have a much better team D.

I don't care. Any team with Phaneuf on it is a terrible team, terrible I tell ya.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Not to sound like a MB or Molson supporter/apologist, because I am not, but this early in the season, the team has been built and playing very fast and exciting. Heck, even Benn looks fast, though really basing this on the one play on Malkin, lol.

Price has been great, so far. Kotkaniemi is who I look forward to most every shift he has. Domi, despite my distaste of some past actions, is fun to watch as is his line.

I’m sure the wheels will fall off once teams settle in and put on their big boy pants, but until then I have to admit the team is better to watch this year than previous. I still want another year to rebuild though...
I like your direction,then add in a few trades of some vets to obtain a couple late 1sts

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...Anybody has a clue as to when the game will ultimately start?

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

With the whole "new Bell Centre experience" being teased, I'm pretty eager to see what they have planned for opening night ceremonies. I know Molson said he looked hard at teams like Vegas, Edmonton, and Detroit and wants to make sure to keep the Habs at the forefront of in-game experience. Hoping that is illustrated tonight before the game. It should be a fun one!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With the whole "new Bell Centre experience" being teased, I'm pretty eager to see what they have planned for opening night ceremonies. I know Molson said he looked hard at teams like Vegas, Edmonton, and Detroit and wants to make sure to keep the Habs at the forefront of in-game experience. Hoping that is illustrated tonight before the game. It should be a fun one!

I think it will be special. Molson also brought back the guy who used to run the Bell Center production years ago when they had the number retiring ceremonies and the opening ceremonies then. Back when Habs were the best at these ceremonies.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I think it will be special. Molson also brought back the guy who used to run the Bell Center production years ago when they had the number retiring ceremonies and the opening ceremonies then. Back when Habs were the best at these ceremonies.
That's really great to hear. Very excited to see how it goes - gotta hope it also motivates the team to perform well tonight as well. Cheers to a good game!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

For peate's sake, I'm not alone in that. :wg:

Several have brought it up over the years -- they'd like to see the Habs come up with a different concept. Also, the team's SC drought over the last 25 years turns it into a caricature.

Vegas has paved the way for a different type of opening ceremony. Just like it took Bergevin 6 years to realize the league was trending toward youth and speed, add another 6 before it dawns on Geoff that he needs to do something different.

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
tickets still available for tonights game ....

A couple of empty seats won't make Molson and company lose any sleep...

They're making a ton of profit...

Sold loges + season tickets holders probably already cover the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad