Who is the Kings #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Added to this poll: Johan Sodergran

#1 - Alex Turcotte, F, 59.1%
#2 - Gabriel Vilardi, F, 53.6% (tie-breaker)
#3 - Rasmus Kupari, F, 46.4% (tie-breaker)
#4 - Cal Petersen, G, 28.9%
#5 - Arthur Kaliyev, F, 33.3%
#6 - Jaret Anderson-Dolan, F, 44%

Vote for one player, and post who you want to add to the next poll.

Only players who are eligible for the 2020 Calder trophy (so no Wagner, Amadio, etc). Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2019 (so Prokhorkin just makes the cut, if you wish to vote him in)
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons. (so Matt Roy, at 25 games, just makes the cut if you want to vote him in)

List of players eligible to be nominated:
Aidan Dudas, F
Alexander Dergachyov, F
Andre Lee, F
Blake Lizotte, F
Bokondji Imama, F
Brad Morrison, F
Braden Doyle, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Chaz Reddekopp, D
Cole Hults, D
Cole Kehler, G
Daniel Brickley, D
Drake Rymsha, F
Jacob Ingham, G
Jacob Moverare, D
Jordan Spence, D
Kim Nousiainen, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Matt Roy, D
Matt Villalta, G
Mikey Eyssimont, F
Sheldon Rempal, F

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Wow, this is really hard. Anderson and Bjornfot should take the next two spots here, but in what order? I think Anderson has the potential to explode and become a really good top-pairing defenseman. But I think Bjornfot is gonna be the guy that flies under the radar. I’m going Bjornfot here.

As an aside, maybe we should do a top 15? As it stands, three of Clague, Durzi, Bjornfot, Anderson, Grundstrom, Thomas, and Fagemo won’t be in our top ten. That’s wild.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm thinking Bjornfot here. Its pretty close between him and Anderson, but I think Bjornfot has higher potential.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Still on the Anderson boat, Bjornfot just behind him (not by much)

The next tier of guys (after these two) are going to be real close, this is going to be fun

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Voted Bjornfot over Anderson simply because he is a first round talent and I expect the Kings to develop him into a player that reflects that. Although Anderson is right there for me as well.

Last edited:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
No love for Clague here? He seems to be the next in line, and has second-pairing, puck-moving defenseman written all over him. If the Kings wanna get younger and faster, Clague is ready for them.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
No love for Clague here? He seems to be the next in line, and has second-pairing, puck-moving defenseman written all over him. If the Kings wanna get younger and faster, Clague is ready for them.
He probably has the best offensive potential of any of the dmen prospects... if he can prove that he's solid on defense, could end up as the best one overall, but too early to know. Anderson and Bjornfot have a history of being very good on defense along with bringing some offense.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I feel like Clague has Nick Leddy upside but that he's far less likely than Anderson and Bjornfot to reach it. He's still a complete fire drill on defense and his offense doesn't offset that enough yet. This year will tell us a lot about him imo but I feel like he's already been completely surpassed by the aforementioned two.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I am going to add this list to future OPs (as well as this OP), but since there are very few nominations, I figure some reminders may help. Plus, this answers future questions of who is eligible. Just out of curiosity, does adding the list to the OP make it too busy?

Aidan Dudas, F
Alexander Dergachyov, F
Andre Lee, F
Blake Lizotte, F
Bokondji Imama, F
Brad Morrison, F
Braden Doyle, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Chaz Reddekopp, D
Cole Hults, D
Cole Kehler, G
Daniel Brickley, D
Drake Rymsha, F
Jacob Ingham, G
Jacob Moverare, D
Jordan Spence, D
Kim Nousiainen, D
Lukas Parik, G
Markus Phillips, D
Matt Roy, D
Matt Villalta, G
Mikey Eyssimont, F
Sheldon Rempal, F

Reactions: dman3474

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Definitely add Phillips. I never expected much of him, but he's had a tremendous rise the past year. Never did I expect him to make the Canadian WJC team.

Reactions: dman3474

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

I feel like Clague has Nick Leddy upside but that he's far less likely than Anderson and Bjornfot to reach it. He's still a complete fire drill on defense and his offense doesn't offset that enough yet. This year will tell us a lot about him imo but I feel like he's already been completely surpassed by the aforementioned two.

Does Clague have more offensive potential than Durzi?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Does Clague have more offensive potential than Durzi?

I think Durzi has some exceptional offensive skills, but I like Clague overall.

Since Durzi palled around a lot in dev camp with Turcotte and JAD (taking Kings PR pics), I wonder if management is pretty high on him and expects a leadership role in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00