Who is the Kings #37 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Winner of last poll: Chaz Reddekopp

#1 - Alex Turcotte, F, 59.1%
#2 - Gabriel Vilardi, F, 53.6% (tie-breaker)
#3 - Rasmus Kupari, F, 46.4% (tie-breaker)
#4 - Cal Petersen, G, 28.9%
#5 - Arthur Kaliyev, F, 33.3%
#6 - Jaret Anderson-Dolan, F, 44%
#7 - Mikey Anderson, D, 32.8%
#8 - Tobias Bjornfot, D, 35.3%
#9 - Carl Grundstrom, F, 50%
#10 - Kale Clague, D, 46.9%
#11 - Akil, Thomas, F, 43.3%
#12 - Samuel Fagemo, F, 54.4%
#13 - Sean Durzi, D, 55.6%
#14 - Nikolai Prokhorkin, F, 62.5%
#15 - Johan Sodergran, F, 29.5%
#16 - Markus Phillips, D, 24.5%
#17 - Matt Roy, D, 23.1%
#18 - Daniel Brickley, D, 36.6%
#19 - Kim Nousiainen, D, 31.4%
#20 - Jacob Moverare, D, 57.5% (Tiebreaker)
#21 - David Hrenak, G, 31.8%
#22 - Lukas Parik, G, 56.8% (Tiebreaker)
#23 - Aidan Dudas, F, 35.4%
#24 - Jordan Spence, D, 30.0%
#25 - Blake Lizotte, F, 59.3% (Tiebreaker)
#26 - Austin Strand, D, 46.4%
#27 - Cole Hults, D, 60.5%
#28 - Sheldon Rempal, F, 75.8%
#29 - Bulat Shafigullin, F, 34.6%
#30 - Matthew Villalta, G, 58.3% (Tiebreaker)
#31 - Mikey Eyssimont, F, 47.6%
#32 - Andre Lee, F, 58.6% (Tiebreaker)
#33 - Jacob Ingham, G, 63.6% (Tiebreaker)
#34 - Braden Doyle, D, 54.2% (Tiebreaker)
#35 - Alexander Dergachyev, F, 29.2%
#36 - Chaz Reddekopp, D, 47.8%

Vote for a player and plead your case, talk, have fun, etc.

Only players who are eligible for the 2020 Calder trophy (so no Wagner, Amadio, etc). Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2019 (so Prokhorkin just makes the cut, if you wish to vote him in)
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons. (so Matt Roy, at 25 games, just makes the cut if you want to vote him in)

No players left to nominate, though if you all want to nominate to stop this chain, I'm receptive to that. Otherwise, might as well keep going!

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
What's funny about these polls is say Rymsha, who's likely going to be rated our 37th best prospect, imo has a better chance of making it as a 4th line center in the NHL than say a guy like Hults @27 making the NHL as a #6. I think people just get enamored with certain guys.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What's funny about these polls is say Rymsha, who's likely going to be rated our 37th best prospect, imo has a better chance of making it as a 4th line center in the NHL than say a guy like Hults @27 making the NHL as a #6. I think people just get enamored with certain guys.

I've made it pretty clear this whole time I'm voting on upside.

I'm not going to get excited over a guy whose ceiling is Andrew Crescenzi.

Enamored has nothing to do with it, skills do. Rymsha's only calling card is defense. We easily have 36 other prospects who can pull that off, or a UFA for dirt cheap.

13 points in 35 ECHL games, and -9 for worst on a team where half the roster is even/plus and the top guy is +15. Yeah, I can't really take him over other prospects right now.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

That's actually what I really like about these polls.

It's a fun exercise and learning experience for all of us (including myself) and as time passes, it may assist us in reevaluating our assessments and rankings.

P.S. I wasn't taking your comment as a criticism. I just wanted to expand on it :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

It's a fun exercise and learning experience for all of us (including myself) and as time passes, it may assist us in reevaluating our assessments and rankings.

P.S. I wasn't taking your comment as a criticism. I just wanted to expand on it :)

I think a lot of it is just philosophy, honestly.

Reaper is probably right about Rymsha getting at least a handful of games, but for me, that doesn't make him a better prospect, it's simply that a 4th-liner-passing-through is more likely to get some games than a #6 dmen based on role availability and importance. You can't hide d-men the way you can forwards anymore.

But if your philosophy is better prospect = # of nhl games vs. ceiling/ability, that's an easy metric, and then the Kings have been phenomenal at the draft, but that flies in the face of what we've seen here so...

Reactions: King'sPawn

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Rymsha was a bit of a disappointment in his rookie season. The only area he looked comfortable in at the AHL level was in the face-off circle. Thought his skill set would be a touch higher, and he seemed to be out muscled most of the time. Hopefully he will be stronger in year 2 and see if he can stick as the 4th line C in the AHL this year. His potential looks limited based upon his year one impressions, improvement needed but it's early.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I've made it pretty clear this whole time I'm voting on upside.

I'm not going to get excited over a guy whose ceiling is Andrew Crescenzi.

Enamored has nothing to do with it, skills do. Rymsha's only calling card is defense. We easily have 36 other prospects who can pull that off, or a UFA for dirt cheap.

13 points in 35 ECHL games, and -9 for worst on a team where half the roster is even/plus and the top guy is +15. Yeah, I can't really take him over other prospects right now.
You are. But others are most definitely not. Which is totally fine too, it's just a fan poll. I'm not getting excited either. I was just pointing out something that was amusing to me.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

yeah no criticism on my end just found it amusing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad