Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobias Bjornfot - D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Sorry for getting defensive. I'm bummed by his lack of progress, like everyone. I feel like the inclusion of Vilardi will be contested until the polls are completely closed, which sucks because it's only the 2nd poll and I was hoping to do at least 10.

nah, Kings fans are good people, and Vilardi should be on everyone's top 5 regardless of his injury

no one's going to crap on you for doing a poll, we do this every year and it's always interesting to see how Kings fans evaluate their prospects, don't get discouraged we're just at the 2nd poll lol

and 2 days is good too

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Pretty awesome that we’re at the point where Kupari is our 3rd best prospect...we still need a high end defensive prospect imo

Reactions: jfont

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
There is always doubt about prospects ,can he handle the speed,can he handle physical contact, with Vilardi it’s can he handle being vertical but we all seen his talent and with the doubts only time will tell so if he wasn’t the top prospect he has got to be 2

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not sure why having him on the poll is unfair, because he is a Kings prospect. Could you explain? And even if we saw a video of him bench pressing a truck on Instagram tomorrow, people will still rightfully question his health and eligibility until he plays a full season. So when will his health be considered "proven"?

At the moment I would say his career is on hold without any info on when he'll return.. For that reason alone he should be an Honorable Mention, but as the comments on the top prospect thread stated he is our best prospect hands down but we just dont know if he'll play...

Even with his injury, Vilardi is our best prospect since Anze Kopitar... In reality its Gabe then everyone else... Its a bit complicated when it comes to our rankings because injury aside^^^.. I also dont consider Cal Petersen a prospect anymore, at 25 he's pretty much who he is and doesnt really have much projection left.. Same for Prokhorkin

Vilardi
Turcotte
Kupari
Anderson
Bjornfot
would be my top 5, here hoping Vilardi storms back and dominates

Reactions: Ghetty Green

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I voted Kupari #1 because of his record against higher competition.
His performance against higher competition is pretty good, but it's not amazing. I think if you regard Kupari that highly (which is justifiable), it's because of his upside potential, not because what he's done.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
His performance against higher competition is pretty good, but it's not amazing. I think if you regard Kupari that highly (which is justifiable), it's because of his upside potential, not because what he's done.

I think his high ranking is more of a reflection of the lack of high end prospects in the Kings pipeline than problems with Kupari the NHL rookie.

I don’t see how anyone can rank Vilardi as a top prospect any more. He’s played 52 games since being drafted 24 months ago, with zero timeline for any return to skating with a pro roster. With the Kings, I put Vilardi down around the 7-10th best prospect and that’s purely based on what he did as a 17/18 yo.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
At the moment I would say his career is on hold without any info on when he'll return.. For that reason alone he should be an Honorable Mention, but as the comments on the top prospect thread stated he is our best prospect hands down but we just dont know if he'll play...

Even with his injury, Vilardi is our best prospect since Anze Kopitar... In reality its Gabe then everyone else... Its a bit complicated when it comes to our rankings because injury aside^^^.. I also dont consider Cal Petersen a prospect anymore, at 25 he's pretty much who he is and doesnt really have much projection left.. Same for Prokhorkin

Vilardi
Turcotte
Kupari
Anderson
Bjornfot
would be my top 5, here hoping Vilardi storms back and dominates

I understand the sentiment, but there are no services which address the Kings pipeline who omit Vilardi due to his career being on hold. They all just have a question mark next to him.

As for Petersen and Prokhorkin, I was trying to find a fair line to draw without it being ridiculously arbitrary and having to explain why player X is a prospect as opposed to Y. Since Prokhorkin and Petersen are considered "rookies" for the purpose of Calder eligibility in the NHL, I feel that is the most sensible cutoff.

I initially was just going to go off of who is no longer waiver exempt, but that made the list bigger (with players like Wagner, Luff, Walker, etc).

You are certainly free not to vote for a player if you don't consider them eligible or a prospect. I don't blame you. But barring going through the process of having everyone vote on who is or isn't a prospect, or who is or isn't someone who should be added, this is the criteria which I feel is the most fair. I'm sorry if you and others do not like that choice.

Reactions: crassbonanza

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I understand the sentiment, but there are no services which address the Kings pipeline who omit Vilardi due to his career being on hold. They all just have a question mark next to him.

As for Petersen and Prokhorkin, I was trying to find a fair line to draw without it being ridiculously arbitrary and having to explain why player X is a prospect as opposed to Y. Since Prokhorkin and Petersen are considered "rookies" for the purpose of Calder eligibility in the NHL, I feel that is the most sensible cutoff.

I initially was just going to go off of who is no longer waiver exempt, but that made the list bigger (with players like Wagner, Luff, Walker, etc).

You are certainly free not to vote for a player if you don't consider them eligible or a prospect. I don't blame you. But barring going through the process of having everyone vote on who is or isn't a prospect, or who is or isn't someone who should be added, this is the criteria which I feel is the most fair. I'm sorry if you and others do not like that choice.

Understood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad