Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matthew Villalta, G

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Starting this poll early as I'm about to get on a flight and may be too tired by the time I get home.
Added to this poll: Lukas Parik, G

#1 - Alex Turcotte, F, 59.1%
#2 - Gabriel Vilardi, F, 53.6% (tie-breaker)
#3 - Rasmus Kupari, F, 46.4% (tie-breaker)
#4 - Cal Petersen, G, 28.9%
#5 - Arthur Kaliyev, F, 33.3%
#6 - Jaret Anderson-Dolan, F, 44%
#7 - Mikey Anderson, D, 32.8%
#8 - Tobias Bjornfot, D, 35.3%
#9 - Carl Grundstrom, F, 50%
#10 - Kale Clague, D, 46.9%
#11 - Akil, Thomas, F, 43.3%
#12 - Samuel Fagemo, F, 54.4%
#13 - Sean Durzi, D, 55.6%

Vote for one player, and post who you want to add to the next poll.

Only players who are eligible for the 2020 Calder trophy (so no Wagner, Amadio, etc). Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2019 (so Prokhorkin just makes the cut, if you wish to vote him in)
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons. (so Matt Roy, at 25 games, just makes the cut if you want to vote him in)

List of players eligible to be nominated:
Aidan Dudas, F
Alexander Dergachyov, F
Andre Lee, F
Bokondji Imama, F
Brad Morrison, F
Braden Doyle, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Chaz Reddekopp, D
Cole Hults, D
Cole Kehler, G
Drake Rymsha, F
Jacob Ingham, G
Mikey Eyssimont, F
Sheldon Rempal, F

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sodergran for me, still a toughie. But watching him absolutely physically dominate his peers shows me some major future upside. Maybe he only ends up a bottom-sixer, but he looks like a sure-fire player. Looked like prime Rick Nash vs. people his age. That will likely change against bigger, better checkers, but he also seems adaptable. Flying under the radar due to being a kid, even if a big one, playing against men.

I realize this is probably a bit high for most others haha. But I couldn't separate any of the next tier of defenders above him based on what I've seen.

Add Shafigullin

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
bloggerd.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can anyone explain why they're so high on Porkins at this point?

I haven't seen any real justification other than NHL readiness and shiny new Russian toy who did moderately well overseas in a league whose production doesn't have any real consistent exchange rate (see: Kevin Dallman).

Reactions: KopitarFAN

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I haven't seen any real justification other than NHL readiness and shiny new Russian toy who did moderately well overseas in a league whose production doesn't have any real consistent exchange rate (see: Kevin Dallman).
I will admit to remembering the year of his draft and reading about how good he was and would most likely be a top line player if and when he come to North America. I remember seeing his games in the ahl and was impressed by his 2 way game. I seem to recall him playing some what physical as well . I will admit i haven't seen alot of his play since . However to make team Russia for the Olympics show me he is a top line player. He has become a point a game player and plays a 2 way game. The Kings need a player that can step into a top 6 role asap Yes hes a gamble no doubt about it but I feel he and Kovy can be a force together. He has shown he can play against tougher competition then anyone that is above him and still score. He is still young enough to put up good numbers and i want to see him get a chance to do it .

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Hey, are we stopping this list at 20 prospects? If so, then please add......... NOBODY!!!

There's enough guys on the current list to get to 20 no problem. IMHO, the other 7 should be (in no particular order) Porkins, Roy, Södergran, Villata, Brickley, Strand, and either Parik or Moverare. Sure, there can always be an honorable mention here or there.....

PS: Too bad Luff wasn't eligible for this list. I think he's going to really, really surprise a lot of people next season. IMHO, he moves very much like Bernie Nicholls..... 70 goals, anyone? I'll settle for 30!!!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hey, are we stopping this list at 20 prospects? If so, then please add......... NOBODY!!!

There's enough guys on the current list to get to 20 no problem. IMHO, the other 7 should be (in no particular order) Porkins, Roy, Södergran, Villata, Brickley, Strand, and either Parik or Moverare. Sure, there can always be an honorable mention here or there.....

PS: Too bad Luff wasn't eligible for this list. I think he's going to really, really surprise a lot of people next season. IMHO, he moves very much like Bernie Nicholls..... 70 goals, anyone? I'll settle for 30!!!

I'm hoping to do this as long as you all will indulge me with votes and as long as you all want.

We have 40 total. If we do all at this rate we'll get the voting done by late August just before training camp.

If you all would rather have the voting end at a particular point, no hard feelings. I understand discussing the 17th vs. 18th prospect isn't interesting. This is all for you, and I'd rather stop at the point it's no longer fun :)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I just don’t really see Prokhorkin as a prospect, regardless of the criteria. I also didn’t think Panarin was a prospect when he came over. I went with Markus Phillips, but it was tough to choose between him and Sodergran.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

Because we signed him. There has to be see something there if they signed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad