Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobias Bjornfot - D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What I really like about this poll, and what will most likely be the case for future ones, is the different rationales presented. It makes the future polls rather unpredictable, in my opinion.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Vilardi was ranked at about 68 his last season he played. Forwards that score 50 or higher is generally a good indication they have the skill set to play in the NHL. This is purely an offensive based rating system rated upon the league they played in and age their last season vs historical NHL players and how they did at the same age. Skill wise, I'd still rank Vilardi #1, especially for his NHL size. Let's hope he is better soon. FYI, Turcotte and Kaliyev were ranked #1 and #2 in this rating system not just on the kings, but of all draft eligible prospects, including Hughes and Kakko.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What I really like about this poll, and what will most likely be the case for future ones, is the different rationales presented. It makes the future polls rather unpredictable, in my opinion.

Yeah I think we're all sure about who the top 3 are just in different spots. After that I suspect a lot of it will be personal preference and how people make their prospect list. Curious to see how the rest of this list will turn out.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Yeah I think we're all sure about who the top 3 are just in different spots. After that I suspect a lot of it will be personal preference and how people make their prospect list. Curious to see how the rest of this list will turn out.

I would suspect the next tier includes JAD, Anderson, and Petersen, followed by Kaliyev, Thomas, Clague, and Fagemo.

Wow our prospect pool definitely deserves the “most improved” award over the past three seasons.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I have a tough time ranking Vilardi anywhere because we haven’t seen him actually develop season to season since he was drafted. If he were healthy, he likely would have been in the NHL this year, so he wouldn’t be a prospect anymore anyway.

Kupari is my number one. He’s playing against men in a professional league and took a significant step forward offensively. He is developing the skillset of a true top line forward not that far away from the NHL.

Turcotte is my number two. I would like to see how his offensive numbers improve in his +1 year. That will really tell us whether he’s a top six tweener/role player or a potential #1 center. Defensive prowess is so difficult to judge with these junior players, and that’s one of Turcotte’s big selling points. With that said, though, he does have the potential to become a Mike Richards blood and guts all situations center at the pro level.

Kaliyev is my number three. He’s the most offensively gifted player in the system by far. He has big holes elsewhere, but his draft year stat line is just too absurd to dismiss. He’s a real deal offensive talent who could become the biggest steal of the 2019 draft if he’s developed correctly.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
I could see arguments for Turcotte and Vilardi being top. I voted for Cal. Goaltending is set and something we don't have to worry about, makes it an easy decision for me.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Token

May 15, 2019
This is a funky spot!

I’m not entirely sure why Vilardi is not house-sitting the Kopitar mansion with an army of Dr.s poking him daily ...

My take on this;

Ranking based on talent:

Vilardi
Turcotte
Kupari
Thomas
Durzi

Ranking based on accomplishments and progress:

Durzi
Anderson
JAD
Thomas
Dudas
Kupari

Yes, I know, no love for Kupari ... he faded big-time in late season/playoffs.

Can’t opine progress in this years draft since I have not followed the kids prior.

Anyways, another data point for the folks smarter than I.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The top tier is Turcotte, Kupari, and Viardi. Due to injuries and his uncertain future, I simply can't put Vilardi at the top spot. Turcotte is #1 for me

Reactions: YP44

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
I know. I was attempting to be silly.

You realize that Vilardi's been compared with Jagr, yes? And that, at this point, Turcotte's only being compared with Mike Richards?

At this point I imagine a comparison to Jaromir Jagr is more than a bit unrealistic given his current circumstances.

Physical stature, puck possession, passing ability, and back issues -- how about a guy like Jason Allison?

Reactions: lumbergh

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
At this point I imagine a comparison to Jaromir Jagr is more than a bit unrealistic given his current circumstances.

Physical stature, puck possession, passing ability, and back issues -- how about a guy like Jason Allison?
Jason Allison is exactly who I have been thinking about as a comparison for Vilardi. Hopefully Vilardi is a little faster.

Reactions: Primakov!

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Jason Allison is exactly who I have been thinking about as a comparison for Vilardi. Hopefully Vilardi is a little faster.

We just need Vilardi to find his Deadmarsh and Palffy to team up with and we're set.

Maybe Rasmus Kupari or Arthur Kaliyev fills the Ziggy Palffy scoring role?

Alex Turcotte for the skilled and tenacious Adam Deadmarsh position?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012

Well, Vilardi's got the "always injured" thing down, so I suppose that's a start! :snide:

atalowe

Aug 5, 2018
FWIW regarding the Turcotte vs Vilardi debate, Corey Pronman released an article ranking the Top 31 Prospects of the last five years based on his evaluations at the time each prospect was drafted. Turcotte was #13, between #12 Dylan Strome and #14 Jesperi Kotkaniemi. Vilardi was #24, between #23 Nolan Patrick and #25 Oliver Wahlstrom.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad