Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a Happy 4th of July.

I'm bored, and I was working on my own prospect rankings. But, I figured, since it's approaching the slow part of the offseason, let's try to get some more discussion and fun going. It's been a while since we've done one of these, and I honestly have never done a poll on HF in my 16 years on here, so let's remedy both!

Vote for one player, and post who you want to add to the next poll

Only players who are eligible for the 2020 Calder trophy (so no Wagner, Amadio, etc). Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2019 (so Prokhorkin just makes the cut, if you wish to vote him in)
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons. (so Matt Roy, at 25 games, just makes the cut if you want to vote him in)

If someone wants to pick up the slack on days I am not quick on the draw, it's encouraged!

I'll set the poll to close after 2 days initially, but may make adjustments based off of degree of participation.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Vilardi is the most talented, but he's not our most prized prospect because of the health concerns. Turcotte is the obvious choice.

Reactions: ibleedkings

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Should be Vilardi or if using health then should be left out all together. If ranking him though should be our #1 prospect

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Should be Vilardi or if using health then should be left out all together. If ranking him though our #1 prospect

Some people feel his time not playing may affect his overall development. Because there has been no news that he's quit playing hockey, I don't feel it's appropriate to leave him off altogether.

Just wanted to explain why I voted as I did, while also explaining why Vilardi's on the poll :)

Reactions: funky

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Vilardi's health concerns drop him from the top spot. But I'm not writing him off. I still think he has the highest potential, highest skill out of all of our prospects, but Turcotte is the safest bet right now.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Some people feel his time not playing may affect his overall development. Because there has been no news that he's quit playing hockey, I don't feel it's appropriate to leave him off altogether.

Just wanted to explain why I voted as I did, while also explaining why Vilardi's on the poll :)

Agree. However, I don't think I would put him any higher than 3rd or 4th, behind Kupari and perhaps Petersen.

Last edited:
Reactions: King'sPawn

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Why thank you. Same one for almost 20 years.

I know. I was attempting to be silly.

You realize that Vilardi's been compared with Jagr, yes? And that, at this point, Turcotte's only being compared with Mike Richards?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'd have Vilardi #1 but between him and Turcotte, one guy can actually ice skate which is kind of an important thing when talking about playing hockey.

You have to factor in the injury issue so that drops him below Kupari and probably others as well.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'd have Vilardi #1 but between him and Turcotte, one guy can actually ice skate which is kind of an important thing when talking about playing hockey.

You have to factor in the injury issue so that drops him below Kupari and probably others as well.
That’s the thing, with Vilardi on the list he’s #1. However, I would have excluded him and at which point it’s Alex Turcotte.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think Vilardi or Turcotte both make sense depending on how you feel about Vilardi's recovery and Turcotte's ceiling. I actually think Turcotte is getting a bit of a raw deal from a lot of folks (not here) regarding his talent level, he's less flash than a lot of other guys but more substance. It's why I love the Toews comparison.

But Vilardi is something else entirely. Even with the injury. I had to go Vilardi. Just watching him dominate in every single facet of the game was something I have only seen from generational prospects. Not at all saying he's going to be that guy, disclaimer. But the guy does everything but burn you with speed. He can play any game. Even on things like faceoffs, he was just toying with people unlike anything I've ever seen Edit: only guy similar was McDavid and it was a totally different kind of game.

Last edited:

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I went Kupari, because right now he's the best - not looking at ceilings, or projecting what they'll be in a few years.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
The fact that we actually have any sort of promising prospects is an accomplishment in itself. Remember the days of Jeff Shevalier, Kevin Brown, Justin Hocking, Donald MacLean, Josh Green, Marion Cisar, Peter Hogan, Scott Barney, Andrei Shefer my goodness the list goes on and on and on. :laugh: I remember thinking man hope one of these guys will pan out for us maybe a diamond in the rough but nope NOTHING. Ahhhhh good times good times. Oh and I voted Alex Turcotte just because he's the new shiny toy I guess. But I'm really really hoping Vilardi will make a complete recovery cuz he may be our best.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I love me some Turcotte, but I’m going to go out on a huge limb here and say our top prospect is still Vilardi. I believe in the kid, I think he is crazy talented, and if he and Turcotte lead us down the middle for the next decade, I would be so pumped. Add in guys like Kupari, JAD, Kaliyev, and Fagemo and we might have a potent top six.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
As of today, I have to vote for Kupari.

He’s accomplished the most for his age, based on playing in the top men’s pro league in Finland on a competitive team.

His ceiling doesn’t project him to be a top 50 player in the NHL. But I think how he turns out will have more to do with how the kings develop him, given the evidence of his growth in Liga.

Some may disagree, but I think the best thing for this kids career with the kings is to play him 18 minutes a night with Kempe and either Wagner or Grundstrom.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
As of today, I have to vote for Kupari.

He’s accomplished the most for his age, based on playing in the top men’s pro league in Finland on a competitive team.

His ceiling doesn’t project him to be a top 50 player in the NHL. But I think how he turns out will have more to do with how the kings develop him, given the evidence of his growth in Liga.

Some may disagree, but I think the best thing for this kids career with the kings is to play him 18 minutes a night with Kempe and either Wagner or Grundstrom.
I don’t agree with your ranking but I cannot argue with the rest of your assessment.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Vilardi is our best prospect if healthy. If not it's between Kupari and Turcotte. But in the long run...Petersen will be our best prospect looking back on things.

Right now...

1) Turcotte
2) Kupari
3) Petersen
4) M. Anderson
5) JAD

Health exclusion: Vilardi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad