Post-Game Talk: Los Angeles Kings @ New York Rangers |Game 3| 6/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
1. Kings defended the center of the ice extremely well. Rangers didn’t get a ton of looks in prime scoring areas and almost no second chance opportunities. Really struggled to generate space 5-on-5.

2. When they did get quality looks…wait for it…they just did not execute. Whiffs and missed nets were plentiful. PP speaks for itself. Atrocity. Richards single handedly sucked the momentum of 2+ PPs.

3. When they did execute, Quick made some phenomenal saves. Big game goalie. He played like he was a NYR fan as a kid and was making his MSG debut. Oh, right.

4. Finally, just some terrible bounces all around. 2 goals directly off Rangers, one more a terrible 2-on-1 bounce off McD who played the situation relatively well.

5. Bad luck and bad execution in Game 3 of the SCF. Sure know how to let us down Rangers.

6. At least I didn’t play $1500 to see that.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
We need to find a 1942 Leafs jersey and burn it drenched in goat's blood in an urn. That'll give us the hoodoo we need to get back into it and win four in a row.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Quick is going to have a chance to live a childhood dream and raise the Cup in MSG. He's gonna play balls out on Wednesday. It's going to be scary.

SKjEi o2

Nov 13, 2013
LA hasn't won 4 games yet. We can still win the Stanley Cup. LGR! Home crowd for game 4, get it done.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Not to state the obvious, but Quick stole the game. What a performance for his first game ever at MSG. Un. Real.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
I have a slight bit of hope left in me but its not much. Just don't let them celebrate at the Garden... just win game 4 and go back to LA.... ugg..:shakehead

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
James Dolan witnessing the Rangers getting swept in his arena is what I'm hoping for at this point.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Sooo we should get another crack at this in two or three decades right?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We need to find a 1942 Leafs jersey and burn it drenched in goat's blood in an urn. That'll give us the hoodoo we need to get back into it and win four in a row.

That's one way to make a used hockey jersey smell better.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Not to state the obvious, but Quick stole the game. What a performance for his first game ever at MSG. Un. Real.

Quick didn't steal anything.

He had some great saves but it was ****ing 3-0.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Rangers had won 5 straight games this playoffs. So why not make the history?

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Welp, the commentary from the locker room will be the typical, just gotta win 1, were focused on winning 1. Not that I dont agree, but thats what every team in this situation says. Its kinda funny.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
They made it all the way to the finals. That's exceeding expectations by quite a margin.

I'll watch the remaining game(s) in the series, but have no doubt this is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad