Pre-Game Talk: Los Angeles Kings @ New York Rangers 7:00 PM ET 2/12 FS-W, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Perhaps a bit early in the day for the Pre-Game thread, but boy is this a big test for us.

Wonder if we'll be scouting each other while actually playing each other... though the head coaches can probably take care of that. If we see general management for the Kings @ the Garden with notebooks in hand ...that'll surely be a sign that something is in the works. I only say this because rumors are stirring about the Kings going all in this year by acquiring Yandle. Only rumors though...

Please post any updates on Nash & McD if you find them!

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
In the final 2 years ago, Muzzin stuck his leg out and tripped Zuccarello, yet the ref called Zucc for the trip because Muzzin flailed around and embellished the contact he initiated and the Kings scored on the PP to tie the game in the 3rd.

Wow. Thanks for that! I has just started watching hockey again during that final and don't recall the play. It's probably a good thing I have no memories of it. :laugh:

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
LAK plays in Brooklyn tonight. We're facing a "tired" team. Maybe we can win this time?

They embarrassed us at the Garden last season.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Self - hatred.

When you think the New York Rangers are going to be lucky to make the playoffs, and you think the Los Angeles Kings are a Stanley Cup contender...you look at the standings and realize the teams have the same exact number of points...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
In the final 2 years ago, Muzzin stuck his leg out and tripped Zuccarello, yet the ref called Zucc for the trip because Muzzin flailed around and embellished the contact he initiated and the Kings scored on the PP to tie the game in the 3rd.

Do you know how long it took me to realize the penalty was on Zuccarello and not LA? I was bouncing around the bar in the best mood realizing that we could seal the game until one of my friends shut me up and made me look at the TV.

Ugh.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

This is horrendous. How is this guy still on the team? He hasn't made things any better since he got here. He's making Glass look like a competent player

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'd legitimately rather just roll three lines than give Glass or Paille more than 5 minutes on the ice.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I would not even entertain the idea of helping the Kings. Even if they offer their entire 1st line and Doughty.

**** the Kings.

Western Conference, bro. We play 'em twice during the year, and if things come together for both teams, for one series in the POs.

I have no problems with a trade to any Western Conference team, as long as the return is decent.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I am still bitter over the loss in the SC as well. I would rather deal with the Devils (no pun intended) than the Kings.

I'm more bitter at some of the **** calls (or non calls) that had a direct outcome on the game than I am at the Kings themselves - like the one mentioned above and the no goalie interference call on one of their goals.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I'm more bitter at some of the **** calls (or non calls) that had a direct outcome on the game than I am at the Kings themselves - like the one mentioned above and the no goalie interference call on one of their goals.

Easily the most infuriating non call, literally ever.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Easily the most infuriating non call, literally ever.

Which directly led to us losing that game, which directly lead to me breaking a few lamps in my house (not lying). The most furious I have been watching a hockey game. When the stakes were that high, I went to another level.

I actually found a piece of cracked lightbulb under the couch a couple weeks ago that I missed when I cleaned it up. :laugh:

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

This is horrendous. How is this guy still on the team? He hasn't made things any better since he got here. He's making Glass look like a competent player

Maybe that was the idea behind the signing?

Not that the 4th line as constructed should even be out there against the other teams best players, but away game and all it's going to happen, which is why I have disliked the 4th line since like Brian "I want a bigger role" Boyle who not really ironically is getting the same amount of ice time per game as he was here.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Which directly led to us losing that game, which directly lead to me breaking a few lamps in my house (not lying). The most furious I have been watching a hockey game. When the stakes were that high, I went to another level.

I actually found a piece of cracked lightbulb under the couch a couple weeks ago that I missed when I cleaned it up. :laugh:

I mean, ultimately I think the Kings would have most likely won that series anyway, but them getting help from the officials was ******* infuriating. I think we could have taken them to 7 games if the officials had done their jobs correctly.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Lol, I went ballistic last night over Kreider's ridiculous penalty and the game was just a regular season game. I can't remember what I broke with that non call. Then the ref....I better stop now and think happy thoughts. lol

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Ahh, memories. :biglaugh:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I can't remember my reaction to that entire sequence, so I am going to assume I blacked out from rage and my brain has partitioned the memory off somewhere that will require hypnotic regression to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad