Los Angeles Kings 2013 draft review

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Despite not having a first round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Los Angeles Kings still managed to grab some talented kids from various leagues and at multiple positions. General Manager Dean Lombardi, who has put together a solid track record of middle-round picks, had a lot on his plate coming into the draft in trying to extend the youthful success his squad has had up to now.

Overall the team selected seven players; one defenseman, one goalie, and five forwards. With no potential for the addition of a real blue chip prospect, the Kings are again relying on those low-risk high-reward picks to pay off.… read more

More...

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Despite not having a first round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Los Angeles Kings still managed to grab some talented kids from various leagues and at multiple positions. General Manager Dean Lombardi, who has put together a solid track record of middle-round picks, had a lot on his plate coming into the draft in trying to extend the youthful success his squad has had up to now.

Overall the team selected seven players; one defenseman, one goalie, and five forwards. With no potential for the addition of a real blue chip prospect, the Kings are again relying on those low-risk high-reward picks to pay off.… read more

More...

Wow, excellent Jason.

Your write up on Zy is definitive. Exactly the way I see him (I like the word greasy as a descriptor).

Great write up.

Captain Mittens*

like the word greasy as a descriptor

We got a greaser?

outsiders.jpg

Suck it Socs!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Great write up, thanks!

This drafting has Kings written all over it...size, aggressiveness, and overagers (more ready to contribute, easier to read than an 18-year-old--it's NFL style drafting!).

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Wow, excellent Jason.

Your write up on Zy is definitive. Exactly the way I see him (I like the word greasy as a descriptor).

Great write up.

Thanks TG!

Call it like I see it...and that kid is greasier than KFC...or something like that :nod:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Thanks TG!

Call it like I see it...and that kid is greasier than KFC...or something like that :nod:

I am looking forward to your camp review. If you can pay particular attention to Max K's game in comparison to his NA team mates I would be particularly interested to read your thoughts.

I know I do a prospect review during the summer but your write up said everything I was going to say about our new kids and allot more.

I think we had another monster draft for what it was worth and expect at least two of the kids to play in the NHL in time, maybe three and that is a great return.

Thanks again for the great work. Keep em coming!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad