GDT: Los Angeles at New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tough Building. Can't wait till Quincey,Kalinin and Cammy are all gone. Waste of breathable air.

Kalinin's extension is already being printed up, once Shero gets more ink for his printer.

Hynes and company think he's still a legit prospect. We aren't in any position to just punt away a 25 year old forward, that scored 25 points in 58 games in the KHL 2 years ago. Just having a down year.

I made a mistake earlier, I said the next point would be his 4th of the year. He apparently already has 4 points.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Miles Wood led the team with 5 shots. Cammalleri was 2nd with 4.

Hall had 1, Zajac had 1, Palmieri had 2.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes actually didn't lose the team, I think I was wrong on that one.

It just took 7 weeks of getting our **** pushed in to make a change to the system, which is even more of an indictment on him than if he had actually lost the team. As it's not always the coach's fault if he loses the team.

Sounds just like Foligno's inability to change the PK a couple years ago, after 6 or 7 weeks of Greene playing on the wrong side and allowing 1.5 PP goals per game and having a 55% PK rate.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Sounds like a moral victory to me. I don't like those

We were trailing them by at least 2 goals for 58 minutes of the game.

I doubt we even up Sutter's team in shots if this game was tied or close in score for anything more than that first 90 seconds of the same.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Great 3rd period by Zacha. He looked so dynamic. He is starting to get his confidence up and his play is starting to look reminiscent of the end of last year when he was playing his best hockey. If he keeps it up the points are going to come in bunches.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Sounds like a moral victory to me. I don't like those

I don't like the way they talk about it to the media, but they have been playing much better of late even in the losses.

In games like these it's their execution that's lacking. They're playing good structurally, but not playing smart or make plays when they need to be. Ignoring the early goals and the awful 5-on-3, the rest of the game was solid. Just lacked the execution on the PP/PK tonight. That and finishing their chances.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Miles Wood led the team with 5 shots. Cammalleri was 2nd with 4.

Hall had 1, Zajac had 1, Palmieri had 2.

Kalinin had 0. Hynes put him out there for an O zone start with 6.5 minutes left to try and get one.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Reminds me of the Toronto game where we dropped a deuce in the first, got too far behind, but then played better the final two periods. This team just can't afford to spot a team 3 goals in the first.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's just so deflating considering the standings implications. Instead of keeping pace we drop down to 3rd last (could be 2nd if Buffalo wins) in the East. I mean obviously it's super close still but we've played more than most teams in the hunt, we just need to go on a run. Any 2-3 game slide puts us so far back.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I hope we get Jurco. That right side makes me sad at least some new blood would be exciting to watch for a bit. And maybe he turns it around.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
This team cannot score on the 5 on 5. It's mind boggling. Guys like Henrique and Palmieri are top 6 forwards for us and they do next to nothing producing on the 5 on 5 given all the minutes and opportunities they get. It's a problem.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We were trailing them by at least 2 goals for 58 minutes of the game.

I doubt we even up Sutter's team in shots if this game was tied or close in score for anything more than that first 90 seconds of the same.

Not to mention the Kings were on a back-to-back :laugh:

Travis I love you but come back to reality here. You guys didn't compete AGAIN in the first period, you give away so many games with 0-3, 0-4 first periods it's beyond belief.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope Cory was winking when he said We

Cory has allowed A LOT of poor goals this season. Already more than all of last year, but I don't think he could be blamed for any of those goals tonight. Could have controlled a rebound better on one of them.

There's also been games where he played good on paper and allowed a bad goal, like the recent game in Minnesota.

Small sample sizes and single game stats of a poor game, do not always coincide with poor play to the eye test. I think tonight's game was a prime example of that.

Cory deserves to be called out for his play this year, but not in this particular game. Next game, I could easily see him allowing 1 or 2 goals and on something like 30+ shots and allowing a bad goal, which would be good play on paper but not to the eye test. Which would get even for tonight's 3 goals and none being bad. These things have a way of evening themselves out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not to mention the Kings were on a back-to-back :laugh:

Travis I love you but come back to reality here. You guys didn't compete AGAIN in the first period, you give away so many games with 0-3, 0-4 first periods it's beyond belief.

This also falls on the coaching staff, still fail to see what they're so good at actually doing. Extend them through 2020-2021 and we might have 9 straight non-playoff seasons.

If Sutter is canned, Shero needs to do whatever he can to bring him here. And if it means firing his boy Powder, then by all means it needs to be done.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
C2_G7M3WIAALGfr.jpg

Wood's in the green! Improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad