everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Loose-Leafs
Song of the Week: The Boys are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy

They're Back! It's Back!

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

I do have to say that I am feeling bummed that our guys went over there and didn't end up with a medal at all. At the end of the day, these are men who went to went to represent their countries at the world's biggest arena, and they didn't even get to get a medal out of it. But it's okay - you can now unleash your fury on the Eastern Conference.

And can I just say - thank goodness. I've missed NHL hockey. I love and adore the Olympics. (this is an understatement). Sure, you can say what you will about the utter dominance of the Canadian team (3 goals in 6 games - going perfect). Or the Epic amazing Canada-USA Gold Medal Final, the Russia-USA game.... but does that even come close to the drah-mah that's about to commence.

In case you forgot - let me remind you:

rc5M2uz.jpg

it is insane. And because of the Olympics there are just so many more questions.

How is Tampa going to play? (a lot of Eastern teams have had a swoon - the Bolts are one team that hasn't as badly as the Habs/Leafs had done). Is Stamkos ready to go? What about Fillpula? What about Bishop?

Columbus & the Leafs were the two hottest teams in the Eastern Conference going into the break - can they continue that streak.

Back with the Leafs - will "The Line" be able to rebound. Kessel and JVR were hot going into the Olympics, and until they hit Canada/Finland they were scoring. will they be able to shrug it off?

With Montreal be able to ride on Carey Price's studliness in goal. (ugh).

And Detroit - Zetterberg is out for the rest of the season, Datsyuk is playing with one leg.... can they overcome.

Spring is Coming - and it's going to be a blood-bath to get there. And I freaking can't wait. (let's be honest - whatever flack the East gets for being weaker than the West - at least we've got intense hockey going on here, the standings is going to change every single night).

Our goal now is to try to overtake Tampa. We're one point behind them. Quite frankly, I'd rather us capitalize on our games, and those in front of us win as well (I want the point spread behind us to grow)

Walking Wounded Returning

Last time we saw McClement - he was smashing his face into the ice (vs. Vancouver). Last time we saw Bolland we saw him limping off the ice (vs Vancouver)

The story of this? Vancouver, you suck.

But they should be ready to go (McClement more than Bolland). Holland was demoted (but is healthy) and Smith should be ready to go. So basically, we're going to have a lot of help coming back (finally). And please -no more injuries.

Stepping Up

It's not so much stepping up - but more of - taking up the slack until JVR/Kessel get readjusted, and shrug off Sochi - is

B97250569Z.120131114221533000GJ2462Q1.11.jpg

I is a beast! hear me roar!

clarkson-130922-620-thumb-620xauto-331575.jpg

please just don't let me get suspended, that's all I ask

lupul4.jpg

I'm pretty. What more do you all want from me?

Kadri and Clarkson had been clicking before the break started, and Lupul was starting to find his stride I feel. While I believe that Kessel-Bozak-JVR can get back to form, we really want to start getting into the habit of having three lethal lines (I want Kulemin still on the third line as the centre, that looked really good) To have all 3 lines clicking should be great.

[and we'll let Randy have his 4th line toys - but at this point, I would just be like "If you're not playing them 10 minutes - get players that you can. the end].​

The Ultimate Nonis Watch

dave%20nonis%20620.jpeg

Can't we just clone our problems away?

6 days until Trade Deadline Day! There are so many questions - and I think because of the 'Hunger-Games" aspect of the east - I know some people are going "since we're not contenders, we shouldn't do anything." well shouldn't we also contemplate - because the East is SO wide open, if there is a move to take - don't we take it? [I'm not saying to do something dumb, or ditch the first pick or whatever], but if you can manage to do an amazing move that's awesome - and that can vault us to making a great push?

Don't you do it?

tumblr_lsqxtdbGqU1r4vc5no1_500.gif

But i think we can both agree that Nonis won't do something that will jeopardize our youth movement. So that's a good thing.

Daisy's Player of the Week

UmNTmYt.gif

Also

Bg81tshCUAA-VNv.jpg

but truthfully

Team-Canada-Logo.jpg

Congrats to every single Canadian athlete - not just to the 25 medal winners but everyone who came, participated, and showed the world how amazing we are. Please - guys - do not forget about these athletes. Watch their sports, support the Canadian Athletes. Don't let them fade away.

Leaf's Schedule This Week

We have two games this week. I will actually be missing the Leafs/Islanders game because I'll be in the sky at the time - moving back to Toronto, hurrah!

Thursday, Feb 27th
:leafs @ :isles - 7:00pm, Sportsnet Ontario

Saturday, March 1st
:leafs @ :habs - 7:00pm, HNIC

and see you next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad