Loose-Leaflet: Leafs In November; A Preview

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Leafs in October

the Leafs went 10-4-0 for the Month of October - marking this the best start of this franchise since 1993. We won all our divisional battles (two games - Habs & Sens), and we only lost two Eastern Con. matches (Carolina & Columbus). We are tied with Pittsburgh for the Eastern Conference Lead {I think we'd win outright because we have more goals + we beat them).

I've been saying this since Oct 1st: if we're doing this well when we're playing like crap... this team is going to be scary, scary scary when everything is clicking.

(I have to say - our special teams are dynomite - 2nd best PP, our PK is like what? 6th? and we are scoring all these short handed goals).

But November is going to be super tough. We're playing 3 back to backs with the 2nd game being against divisional opponents. We've got a hecka lot of divisional games as well. So the loosy goosy play has got to stop now.

Leafs in November

2nd: Leafs @ Canucks
8th: Devils @ Leafs
9th: Leafs @ Bruins
13th: Leafs @ Wild
15th: Leafs @ Sabres
16th: Sabres@ Leafs
19th: Isles @ Leafs
21st: Preds @ Leafs
23rd: Caps @ Leafs
25th: CBJ @ Leafs
27th: Leafs @ Penguins
29th: Leafs @ Sabres
30th: Leafs @ Habs

I think the games we need to win is the Bruins game - for obvious reasons. I think the key for this month is just smacking the teams we need to smack - Devils, Sabres. I think the "tough" games for us will be against the Islanders. If we can stay .500 - we're golden going into December.

HocusPocus

Jul 10, 2009
With 3 games against the Sabres, and some others against weaker Metro division teams, we need to be better than .500 in November IMO. A few tough away games including this Saturday, but otherwise a soft month.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
See. in theory - yes. we should pretty much be smoking coming out of November - but .... we're the Leafs :laugh: :) it will be an interesting month though!

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
Every other team has been taking, and will likely continue to take, their chances to beat up on the Sabres. We can't afford to go less than 2-1 against them, I think.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Aside from the back to backs, November should be an easy month for us. I'm more worried about December. If we can maintain our winning percentage through this month, then we are laughing and won't be pressured to make up ground in December.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
I see us going around 8-6 this month, give or take a couple games. We always seem to struggle against Buffalo and I don't think we'll sweep the back and back. Tough road games in Vancouver, Pittsburgh and Boston which I don't see us winning. Hopefully I'm proven wrong. Even if we go 8-6 we'd still be 18-10 on the season which is great.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
the game i most have my eye on is the Boston game.
You know everyone will be talking about it - and it's even compounded because if we had some games in that 6 day break then nit's like "Oh and now we're facing Boston." but nope.

If we can BEAT them - I think that will shut everyone up. big time.
i will totally take a 2-1 over Buffalo
like I said, we generally don't do well over the Islanders so I can concede a loss to them.

We need to take advantage of the Western Points - make those 3 pointers if necessary.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully we have a great November. Got through October with some questionable play, so now they can really get going :).

Lot of big games and I just hope that first one against Boston is a great one for us. Get some payback.

GhettoHockey

Dec 31, 2010
Toronto
Leafs in November

2nd: Leafs @ Canucks L
8th: Devils @ Leafs W
9th: Leafs @ Bruins OTL
13th: Leafs @ Wild L
15th: Leafs @ Sabres W
16th: Sabres@ Leafs W
19th: Isles @ Leafs L
21st: Preds @ Leafs W
23rd: Caps @ Leafs OTL
25th: CBJ @ Leafs W
27th: Leafs @ Penguins L
29th: Leafs @ Sabres W
30th: Leafs @ Habs W

7-4-2

17-8-2 ... i will make prayer

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
With schedule like this I dont see more than 3 tough games in November. We probably will at least win one of those (Mtl, mhe-mhe...) so we will have one to spare for US "C" team. 10-3 record is coming up. :nod:

Penalty Kill Icing*

My predictions:

2nd: Leafs @ Canucks - W
8th: Devils @ Leafs - L
9th: Leafs @ Bruins - OTL
13th: Leafs @ Wild - W
15th: Leafs @ Sabres - W
16th: Sabres@ Leafs - W
19th: Isles @ Leafs - L
21st: Preds @ Leafs - W
23rd: Caps @ Leafs - L
25th: CBJ @ Leafs - L
27th: Leafs @ Penguins - L
29th: Leafs @ Sabres - W
30th: Leafs @ Habs - W

7-5-1 in November.

I'll be hoping for 13-0-0 however. :yo:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I think the 3 against the Buffalo and then the Preds and Devils should be wins. We usually beat the Habs at Bell Centre (they always beat us at ACC). I fear for the Bruins and Canucks games. I feel its the Metropolitan division games (other than the Devils) that can make or break the month. The Caps, CBJ and Iles games could be let downs, as well as the Wild game.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Man, back to back games with buff, with the preseason shinanigans and both teams leading in hitting, I wouldnt write them off, those are going to be exciting games.

Buff will bring energy, we better as well as we need those points.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Leafs in October

the Leafs went 10-4-0 for the Month of October - marking this the best start of this franchise since 1993. We won all our divisional battles (two games - Habs & Sens), and we only lost two Eastern Con. matches (Carolina & Columbus). We are tied with Pittsburgh for the Eastern Conference Lead {I think we'd win outright because we have more goals + we beat them).

I've been saying this since Oct 1st: if we're doing this well when we're playing like crap... this team is going to be scary, scary scary when everything is clicking.

(I have to say - our special teams are dynomite - 2nd best PP, our PK is like what? 6th? and we are scoring all these short handed goals).

But November is going to be super tough. We're playing 3 back to backs with the 2nd game being against divisional opponents. We've got a hecka lot of divisional games as well. So the loosy goosy play has got to stop now.

Leafs in November

2nd: Leafs @ Canucks
8th: Devils @ Leafs
9th: Leafs @ Bruins
13th: Leafs @ Wild
15th: Leafs @ Sabres
16th: Sabres@ Leafs
19th: Isles @ Leafs
21st: Preds @ Leafs
23rd: Caps @ Leafs
25th: CBJ @ Leafs
27th: Leafs @ Penguins
29th: Leafs @ Sabres
30th: Leafs @ Habs

I think the games we need to win is the Bruins game - for obvious reasons. I think the key for this month is just smacking the teams we need to smack - Devils, Sabres. I think the "tough" games for us will be against the Islanders. If we can stay .500 - we're golden going into December.
you say 3 back to backs but your schedule only has 2, 1 of which is a home and home, so it's a back to back for them too.

didn't look to see if your schedule is wrong or you 3 back to backs

oh, d'oh, guess the 29th and 30th is the 3rd. sorry. Stil, really only 2 since one is a home and home.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Predictions:

2nd: Leafs @ Canucks OTL (Goalie battle keeps us in this)
8th: Devils @ Leafs W (Shut down the top line and they don't stand a chance)
9th: Leafs @ Bruins L (Spanking in the B2B)
13th: Leafs @ Wild L (4 day break after a lose to Boston, we come out flat)
15th: Leafs @ Sabres W (Spank Miller)
16th: Sabres@ Leafs W (Spank Enroth)
19th: Isles @ Leafs W (Confidence from the B2B wins)
21st: Preds @ Leafs L (Get too confident and can't beat the NSH D)
23rd: Caps @ Leafs W (Shut em down Phaneuf)
25th: CBJ @ Leafs W (Revenge)
27th: Leafs @ Penguins L (Revenge)
29th: Leafs @ Sabres W (Spank Miller & Enroth)
30th: Leafs @ Habs W (Because I would never predict otherwise)

8-4-1

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
That week long break is awful. Seriously, Saturday vs Vancouver then Friday vs New Jersey? They really couldn't squeeze in a Tuesday or Wednesday game instead of a back to back?lol

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
I really don't see us losing the Bruins game. If there is one game this team comes out strong for this year it will be that game. Any competitive person would have that game circled since the end of the playoff series.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Leafs in November

2nd: Leafs @ Canucks L
9th: Leafs @ Bruins L
13th: Leafs @ Wild W
19th: Isles @ Leafs W
23rd: Caps @ Leafs W
27th: Leafs @ Penguins L
30th: Leafs @ Habs L

9 - 4 - 0

total:

19 - 8 - 0

my god nice record
I think thats realistic, with a nice 7 game winning streak

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Leafs in October

Leafs in November

2nd: Leafs @ Canucks OTL
9th: Leafs @ Bruins L
13th: Leafs @ Wild L
19th: Isles @ Leafs L
23rd: Caps @ Leafs W
27th: Leafs @ Penguins W
30th: Leafs @ Habs L

8-4-1 for a record of 18-8-1 would be awesome

We're not tied with Pittsburgh, we're 2 points ahead of them.

My predictions for the month in the quoted post(we had a thread for every month for that last year didn't we?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
We're not tied with Pittsburgh, we're 2 points ahead of them.

My predictions for the month in the quoted post(we had a thread for every month for that last year didn't we?

i realised that when i was like... weren't we tied? then i checked, but i was lazy and didn't want to edit my post. all hail the power of the lazy daisy.

I think we DID :) but i couldn't find it - so i figured let's start that up again.

Around in 67 - yeah it is as home and home but it's a back to back home and home :)

I am going to put my foot down and say we're not going to lose the Boston game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad