Equipment: Loose-fitting pants

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Looking for some new hockey pants, prefer ones that are loose-fitting/baggy. Was looking at the Bauer Nexus 800, anything in that price range is what I'd be going for. Any suggestions?

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Looking for some new hockey pants, prefer ones that are loose-fitting/baggy. Was looking at the Bauer Nexus 800, anything in that price range is what I'd be going for. Any suggestions?

nexus is a good place to start. i'd also take a look at ccm U+ 12, CS, CL(depending on what your pricepoint is and how much protection you want). then there's also the easton mako series.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
CCM is quite snug on the waist with thick and plush padding. Best bet is probably Nexus or older Supremes.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
CCM is quite snug on the waist with thick and plush padding. Best bet is probably Nexus or older Supremes.

i respectfully disagree. imo, that was more true of the previous generation U+ and vector series(had v06's, flirted with the 08, and had U+07 and 09's). currently wearing CS and they don't seem nearly as tight in the waist as the previous generations. noticeably baggier in the legs too. as an example, size L fit perfectly for me in the waist for the vectors and previous U+, but is baggy on me in the CS(and the same for the CL's i tried on)...could've dropped down to M but I liked the way the legs fit on me in the L.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Agree on the bagginess of legs, sticking to my assessment of the waist and kidneys.

SacredPetra

Dec 24, 2012
Colorado
My Taklas are looser fitting than the Reeboks I tried, especially thorough the thighs. I don't know how they compare protection-wise though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad