Looking for...

Landeskog

Jul 16, 2009
Burlington,On,CA
I'm looking for a book that written a few years back about scouting and the draft. the team was the columbus bluejackets and it was about the kessel draft year. I remember reading it before but i can't find it and forget the name. any help with this would be great. Thanks

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I also own it. Great book. Might read it again soon.

Landeskog

Jul 16, 2009
Burlington,On,CA
thanks.

It is a great read. For some reason my copy seems to be missing. so i've been looking for a copy.
the art of scouting has been a good read so far.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to look it up.

It's very cool and Joyce was very lucky that the BJ's were on board with his idea. I can't imagine getting to sit in during team meetings as they debate which players to base their franchise around.

Must've been cool.

Maybe one day I will know what it's like. :yo:

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
thanks.

It is a great read. For some reason my copy seems to be missing. so i've been looking for a copy.
the art of scouting has been a good read so far.

We all can see what a player can deliver on the ice (whether that translates to pro is another issue) but scouts gain a huge priceless picture when they spend time one on one with the player, the player's family, the player's billet, team staff etc.
The combines as hilited in this book are very important....ie the interviews.

Unfortunately for both the players and the teams the combine only gives exposure to a select few....ie 100 or so players.
It is very important for teams/scouts to get to know the other players, their families, billets etc.
The teams that do this have a huge advantage.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
It's very cool and Joyce was very lucky that the BJ's were on board with his idea. I can't imagine getting to sit in during team meetings as they debate which players to base their franchise around.

Must've been cool.

Maybe one day I will know what it's like. :yo:

I have been fortunate to participate in 2 drafts via telephone and computer with an NHL club......connecting to them at their draft table.
2 of "my" players were selected by the team. No I won't name the team or the players.
In addition I was very fortunate to attend a draft as a guest of 2 elite players and their families.
To sit with them and their families on their big day was quite an experience.
The players were Erik Johnson & Jonathan Toews.

Somewhere online there are videos of Nashville, Columbus and a few other teams going behind the scenes re the draft....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad