Looking for an old stat sheet on 90 assist scorers

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
I remember Hockey Outsider or Pnep posted a write up detailing how many primary and secondary assists 90 assist men had each, can anyone locate this sheet, or post the stats for me?

I must have forgotten to hit post a second ago because when I tried posting this the first time, it didn;t come up on the page

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
2004 stats: Here
2006 stats: Here

Thornton's stats from 2006 are amazing. He has as many primary assists as the next-best player has total assists.

Forever27

Aug 20, 2005
That was a pretty amazing season by Thornton, it's crazy that he's near the bottom of the list for secondary assist %.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Thanks man:)

Is the list with other 90 assist players still available?

No problem.

In terms of getting a breakdown for other 90 assist players (I assume you're looking for Gretzky, Orr, etc.), I don't think that info has ever been compiled. The data exists, and has been officially recorded in game summaries, but it would be incredibly tedious to compile it manually.

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
No problem.

In terms of getting a breakdown for other 90 assist players (I assume you're looking for Gretzky, Orr, etc.), I don't think that info has ever been compiled. The data exists, and has been officially recorded in game summaries, but it would be incredibly tedious to compile it manually.

Well that sucks. How do you guys get the more recent stats anyways? I look for them on TSN and NHL.com, but they never have "Secondary assist" sections, etc

If you could direct me as to where to look for these stats, I could do a player or two(Or more) during their 90 assist seasons just because I want to know:P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad