Looking for a couple of WHL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Peter said:
Just wondering if anyone knows the where abouts of these players: played on the Med. Hat Tigers in WHL last season. Thanks.

Chris St. Jacques
Darren Reid
Yanick Seidenberg
Ryan Hollweg

St. Jacques was at the leafs rookie camp I believe.

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
Peter said:
Just wondering if anyone knows the where abouts of these players: played on the Med. Hat Tigers in WHL last season. Thanks.

Chris St. Jacques
Darren Reid
Yanick Seidenberg
Ryan Hollweg

Ryan Hollweg was signed by the Hartford Wolfpack (NY Rangers AHL Affiliate).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Kubera55 said:
Ryan Hollweg was signed by the Hartford Wolfpack (NY Rangers AHL Affiliate).

Well, wasn't he signed BY the Rangers and assigned to Hartford?

Not to nitpick, but I thought he actually at least signed with NYR.

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
Reveille said:
Well, wasn't he signed BY the Rangers and assigned to Hartford?

Not to nitpick, but I thought he actually at least signed with NYR.

Interesting question, and I'm unsure of the answer. And it's potentially a very important one.

If Hollweg has a contract with the Rangers, it got suspended due to the lockout and he can sign anywhere. If he's got a contract with the Pack, he must report to Hartford.

Given that he's been on all the lists for Hartford's pre-season roster, I assume he signed with Hartford (though he may have signed with NY first, waited until the lockout, and then signed an AHL deal with Hartford. Labarberra, Ortmeyer, Valiquette, Grenier, and others all did the same thing.)

But it's hardly a given . . . guess we'll see where he ends up playing. Though it seems like it's going to be the AHL/ECHL at this point.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kubera55 said:
Interesting question, and I'm unsure of the answer. And it's potentially a very important one.

If Hollweg has a contract with the Rangers, it got suspended due to the lockout and he can sign anywhere. If he's got a contract with the Pack, he must report to Hartford.

Given that he's been on all the lists for Hartford's pre-season roster, I assume he signed with Hartford (though he may have signed with NY first, waited until the lockout, and then signed an AHL deal with Hartford. Labarberra, Ortmeyer, Valiquette, Grenier, and others all did the same thing.)

But it's hardly a given . . . guess we'll see where he ends up playing. Though it seems like it's going to be the AHL/ECHL at this point.

the situation with labarbera, ortmeyer, etc was about sending those guys to hartford without putting them on waivers. guys like hollweg, balej, tyutin, pock, helminen, etc that have two-way deals and don't need to clear waivers were assigned directly to the ahl club like they would under normal circumstances and those players aren't free to go anywhere.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Zednik20 said:
Darren Reid is with Medicine Hat still as an overager.

The reason I know this is because I was looking at exhibition WHL scores and saw he had a hat trick in their last game.

edit: looking back, all the players you listed played in that game.

http://www.whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1000105

You must be looking at old stats my friend. None of these players are with the Tigers. Three are over agers and Seidenburg I don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad