(Looking beyond CBJ) Clifford vs Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
In a hockey fight.

Chara is pretty tough, but I've seen smaller players take him on.

Clifford is pretty tough, and has a good reputation as a knuckle chucker.

I think Chara has had his way too often vs TOR. Why can't Keefe mix it up a little:

Clifford Matthews Mikhayev

You know that if these two dangle that things might swing in TOR's favour.

Come on Keefe...

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
In a hockey fight.

Chara is pretty tough, but I've seen smaller players take him on.

Clifford is pretty tough, and has a good reputation as a knuckle chucker.

I think Chara has had his way too often vs TOR. Why can't Keefe mix it up a little:

Clifford Matthews Mikhayev

You know that if these two dangle that things might swing in TOR's favour.

Come on Keefe...
remember when chara was bullying kessel a few years ago in the playoffs so the next 3 games carlyle moved kessel to the other wing and put Colton Orr on the other side lol

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Clifford would lose against Chara if you are going head to head. Just have to be smart to beat him, which really is not that difficult these days, and trying to compete with Chara physically is not smart.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Clifford - Matthews - Marner would be fun

But Honestly, i'd rather just have Hyman finish his checks on Chara in the corners with his speed. If things get nasty, you move Clifford up.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
It's simple. If Chara plays cheap and dirty against our top guys Clifford would just do the same to theirs. I do think Clifford could play on that line but no reason to take Hyman or Mikheyev out of the top 6 when they work so good there. We do have to get through Columbus though and it's not gonna be a walk in the park

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's simple. If Chara plays cheap and dirty against our top guys Clifford would just do the same to theirs. I do think Clifford could play on that line but no reason to take Hyman or Mikheyev out of the top 6 when they work so good there. We do have to get through Columbus though and it's not gonna be a walk in the park
If that happens and let's say Clifford or Hyman decides to retaliate, what are the chances either one ends up with a suspension? We saw last year in Game 2 what the Bruins and more specifically Jake DeBrusk was allowed to get away with and it's what lead Nazem Kadri to do what he did and get suspended for the second year in a row. Let's not forget Hyman has a history with the Department of Player Safety and a 2 game suspension because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad