Looking at next seasons Goaltending

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Mason/Zepp combo would work for both guys..

Zepp is NHL capable and would sign cheap.

Mason knows hes the starter and can relax and focus on the role.

plus the Flyers wouldnt have to risk signing yet another bryzaster

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I really don't think Dubnyk will be an option. Minny will probably bring him back as a starter or at least have split the crease with someone else in my opinion.

would have really liked dubnyk but i think your probably right. personally id like to have dubnyk and let him split/compete with mason for starter position.

still like lindback but for sure hes a high risk/high return project right now.

like others i think greiss is good solid choice.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lindback is an absolutely awful. Only way I'd want him is if we needed a warm body to finish out the season. He's gotten worse every year he's been in the league.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
would have really liked dubnyk but i think your probably right. personally id like to have dubnyk and let him split/compete with mason for starter position.

still like lindback but for sure hes a high risk/high return project right now.

like others i think greiss is good solid choice.

I'm not hostile towards Dubnyk like many NHL fans are. I think Edmonton kinda broke him. He was pretty good, all things considered, for a couple years there. He was hung out to dry pretty much every night. If he can get some of his groove back I think he can be a damned fine backup.

LexSea

Queen of the Couch
Mar 31, 2014
Mason/Zepp is something I could live with. Just no more Razor, please.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'd be happy if the Flyers tried to grab a young goalie who has the potential to break out and challenge for starting position for the next several years; otherwise, get a discount backup / keep Zepp at a bargain.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
my problem with mason/zepp is mason is becoming more and more injury prone and i want a backup that could be the starter if/when mason goes down. no way im comfortable with zepp when that happens. he is a old mediocre goalie, go-go-gadget legs notwithstanding.

this is probably all moot anyway. the flyers proved last year they are non- proactive/lazy/stupid when it comes to the backup situation. so we'll be stuck with injury prone mason/half ass zepp next season.

never figure out why they didnt go after ben bishop when the sens were shopping him. honestly believe after he gained some playoff experience he would have given the flyers a chance to win a playoff series against any team in the league.:rant::rant::rant:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
my problem with mason/zepp is mason is becoming more and more injury prone and i want a backup that could be the starter if/when mason goes down. no way im comfortable with zepp when that happens. he is a old mediocre goalie, go-go-gadget legs notwithstanding.

this is probably all moot anyway. the flyers proved last year they are non- proactive/lazy/stupid when it comes to the backup situation. so we'll be stuck with injury prone mason/half ass zepp next season.

never figure out why they didnt go after ben bishop when the sens were shopping him. honestly believe after he gained some playoff experience he would have given the flyers a chance to win a playoff series against any team in the league.:rant::rant::rant:

I understand that you are upset... most of us are to some degree.

But Hextall has already been very tentative about re-signing Emery this year. It took some time. They were definitely checking out the market, exploring options before the season started.

Why was he brought back? Maybe none of the top candidates wanted to come to Philly or they were asking for too much money/term....or something more important was still up in the air at that time and they were close to the cap.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Mason for a 3rd was a better deal than Bishop for an NHL player off our roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad