Speculation: Looking Ahead To 2015-2016

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Not to be a buzzkill, but the 2014-15 roster speculation thread is covering 15/16 roster speculation as well. Could easily merge this thread over there.

I hate 25 page threads that makes it impossible to find squat in .. does this board move so fast that everything must be merged??

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
How has yet another thread devolved into tank v. no tank?

Because a large contingent of fans is more worried about tanking than watching good hockey games and watching our young players develop and learn how to win. Personally, I'd be thrilled if the team finishes in 9th place again this year (it will never happen). The rebuild has already been set in motion. Success comes through good drafting in all rounds at all positions, not just from the top 3 picks of the 1st round.

because a small contingent of fans have no idea what the "tank" is actually about, they just think its LOL LOOSE FOR PICKS LEWL

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I'm 500% on board with the tank. What I'm not on board with is people thinking that if we miss out on McEichel that we're doomed. We don't NEED them to win a cup. They'd help, but landing Marner,Strome or Hanifin would still be huge.

I'd be on board with Strome or Hanifin if we lose out on McEichel. I have to say, Marner's photo in NHL15 is god awful. looks like a trailer park boys reject.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
So let's say we finish 29th. What are or odds of picking 1/2? Has anybody worked that out? I guess it's 1 - the odds of the remaining lottery teams actually winning the lottery.

Edit: just looked it up. It's 33.5%. So not great.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So let's say we finish 29th. What are or odds of picking 1/2? Has anybody worked that out? I guess it's 1 - the odds of the remaining lottery teams actually winning the lottery.

Edit: just looked it up. It's 33.5%. So not great.

Remember Hanifin is also really good. If a team ahead of us need D far more than O buffalo could trade up or they just take D then buffalo gets who us left.

The other hop McEichel does a Giroux and his stock drops.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
My deadline/off-season:

1. Trade Stewart for picks/prospects
2. Trade Stafford for picks/prospects
3. Sign Vermette to 3yr deal
4. Sign Sekera to 4yr deal

With McEichel...

Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis
Hodgson-McEichel-Reinhart
Foligno-Vermette-Gionta
Larsson-Grigorenko-Armia (let em play 4th liners and see what happens)

Sekera-Myers
Zadorov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Pysyk

Neuvirth
Enroth

Without McEichel (assume Hanifan drafted #3 overall)

Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis
Hodgson-Vermette-Reinhart
Gionta-Grigorenko-Armia
Foligno-Flynn-Deslauriers

Sekera-Myers
Zadorov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Hanifan

Sekera & Vermette make the roster stronger defensively, add veteran leadership that is still in it's prime (unlike Gionta, kinda like Gorges) and add solid speed. The appearance of guys like Reinhart, Grigorenko, and Armia adds offensive punch. McEichel will also add to that, if not, then Hanifan adds to the strong defensive core of the team, and allows for the flexibility of moving Myers if the team so desires

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad