Rumor: Look for Tallon to Be Busy Ahead of Deadline

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Not sure if this deserves it's own thread so if the mods feel it doesn't, please delete it.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla150204.html

The Panthers are currently seven points out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference and Tallon wants to improve his team's chances at making the post-season, but he is not interested in overpaying for a short-term fix.

Tallon is primarily concerned with the long-term success of his team and while he's in the market for a top-six winger and a third-line, two-way forward, his preference is to acquire assets who are signed to multi-year contracts.

I cannot remember the last time I heard Tallon and the Panthers mentioned like this in rumors. Looks like DT may actually be willing to start moving things to help us in the short AND long term.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Not sure if this deserves it's own thread so if the mods feel it doesn't, please delete it.

I cannot remember the last time I heard Tallon and the Panthers mentioned like this in rumors. Looks like DT may actually be willing to start moving things to help us in the short AND long term.

I guarantee he's looking to deal anything but a 1st round pick, members of the core and Luongo to improve the team. But, I totally agree with this notion. I'm a believer of the members of the core like Barky, Guddy, etc. The challenge is keeping the core together and adding significant upgrades. That's the toughest part of the rebuild. Being patient and upgrading at the same time.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

If you read DT mission statement year 1 ... the Blueprint calls for trading assets ... problem here and on twitter people get too attached to the kids....but you have to give to get.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If you read DT mission statement year 1 ... the Blueprint calls for trading assets ... problem here and on twitter people get too attached to the kids....but you have to give to get.

exactly. we're not going to get anything of real value for kopecky, bergenheim, upshall, flash, bolland, jokinen, boyes, mackenzie. its guys like kulikov, huberdeau, gudbranson (don't see him getting traded though), 1st rounders, and we have plenty of prospects that we can part with.

obviously he wants a top-6 winger, preferably a top line talent. but why a 3rd line 2way winger? i know bergenheim is going to be a ufa along with some others but we already have hayes, jokinen, huberdeau, pirri, boyes, leaving one spot for a top-6 talent. but with hayes and jokinen on the 3rd (i assume), don't know where to add someone (have pirri, huberdeau and boyes on the top2 lines and room for another top-6 winger). they could always move jussi, but i wonder if he would after just signing him.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
exactly. we're not going to get anything of real value for kopecky, bergenheim, upshall, flash, bolland, jokinen, boyes, mackenzie. its guys like kulikov, huberdeau, gudbranson (don't see him getting traded though), 1st rounders, and we have plenty of prospects that we can part with.

obviously he wants a top-6 winger, preferably a top line talent. but why a 3rd line 2way winger? i know bergenheim is going to be a ufa along with some others but we already have hayes, jokinen, huberdeau, pirri, boyes, leaving one spot for a top-6 talent. but with hayes and jokinen on the 3rd (i assume), don't know where to add someone (have pirri, huberdeau and boyes on the top2 lines and room for another top-6 winger). they could always move jussi, but i wonder if he would after just signing him.

3rd line winger? The article says top 6 winger and 3rd line center

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
3rd line winger? The article says top 6 winger and 3rd line center

It just says 3rd line forward, and I can't imagine he's looking for a center with Bolland and MacKenzie occupying the bottom 6 center roles for the foreseeable future.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont

The only catch with that is when giving ends up hurting you in an area of strength in order to shore up an area of weakness. That's been an Achilles' heel for the Panthers for a long time. They need more scoring up front, but right now lack any real depth in defense...they don't have any strong goalie prospects...so what will you trade to get the top line scoring forward that you need? Another top 6 forward? The Panthers have a little depth there but not much, and you'd have to deal one of the good players instead of one of the depth players. Just won't work out in the end as you're effectively swapping out one part for another that's pretty similar, and the end result is that there's not much change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad