Post-Game Talk: Look at the Flowers, Leafs - lost 6-4 to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What is apparent here by the comments, most Leafs fans expect their goalies to steal games for us to be successful.

Not the other way around, the team to steal games by playing well in front of their goalie.

Does anyone see the problem here, when one wants to talk about sustainable play?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What is apparent here by the comments, most Leafs fans expect their goalies to steal games for us to be successful.

Not the other way around, the team to steal games by playing well in front of their goalie.

Does anyone see the problem here, when one wants to talk about sustainable play?

i think it's obvious that people want to have a team that has sustainable play. last night's game was a very big problem with all the aspects of the team.

the first period, the only reason why it was a 0-0 game was because of Reimer. Not good.

the second period, the Offense explodes for 4 goals. and Reimer was given a 2 goal lead. (decent team effort)

the third period, the team allows only 6 goals, but we end up losing. team effort, and in my mind a goalie effort. (and it boils down to level of competition, the turtling effort, and coaching)

there is a legitimate concern to me regarding every aspect of the team. (goaltending included)

some people just want to lay it on Reimer's feet. (which, I think is fair. while Reimer was THE reason why the team was in it to begin with, Reimer wasn't stellar at the end, which is all that matters)

some people want to excuse Reimer, and blame the team (which is MORE than fair, because to a man, this team was clearly still enjoying Christmas).

truthfully, it's everything.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Steal games? Make more than 2 saves in the 3rd before talking about stealing games.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Deer in the headlights.

What is best for the Leafs is if we sit around in denial(this year will be different) and wait for the unexpected collapse that no one could see coming. We need to stay the course with the same core and get outshot night after night.When our goaltenders wear out we then all say, what happened? Who could have known?

A sure way to win as the season gets tougher and tougher and coaches figure out our weak defense is too lean heavily on goalies and wear them to a crisp.Yup this will work,there will be no collapse,no way:sarcasm:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We don't have much cap space to get these passengers help.
The Leafs have all their money tied up in a core that is currently in it's high dollar/long term phase.
The only money we do have is to resign our own players (Kadri/Franson/Bernier) who are either part of the problem with the team being bottom 5 in the league stat wise or are getting dragged down by the others causing it.

Move em, just get them out of our team. Big wheel big deal. Move them for cap space also. I am done trying to reason for these guys lack of interest. Frig it. Do a complete trade off tank on them and take the picks for this draft.

I'm serious,I would pull the carpet out from under them right while they are in a play off position I a am that annoyed. We seen the same song and dance enough to know it isn't going to change anyways.

That would be terrible for the players that have played hard and cared but they will get players to play with that give a honest days work for a honest days pay. Oh boy, I'm not happy and usually wouldn't post when I am like this lol.

I am not a happy camper te-dayee

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What is best for the Leafs is if we sit around in denial(this year will be different) and wait for the unexpected collapse that no one could see coming. We need to stay the course with the same core and get outshot night after night.When our goaltenders wear out we then all say, what happened? Who could have known?

A sure way to win as the season gets tougher and tougher and coaches figure out our weak defense is too lean heavily on goalies and wear them to a crisp.Yup this will work,there will be no collapse,no way:sarcasm:

You do realize that as fans we can "sit around" and do whatever we like and it will have no bearing on the outcome?

hockeyfanz*

Steal games? Make more than 2 saves in the 3rd before talking about stealing games.

Maybe watch the game before commenting? Anybody notice Louuuuuuuu was worse? I swear man..Leaf fans are absolutely blind.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
YES! The forwards left the points open, the D neither blocked the shots nor cleared the crease so Reimer could see. Reimer should have charged rent to his D for sitting in front of him at the top of the crease doing nothing. Screens and tips--sometimes you save them and look like like an all star...but that cannot last.

Wasn't that scary friggin crap! They hindered him all night like that. Then turned side ways when pucks came so it wouldn't hit them! Did you see that a couple times. I was like Wth, you dumb blanking blank blank ha etc.

I have to say I think I peaked last night on frustration that was building up. I am still wound up today. Hopefully it doesn't effect my posts to much lol.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't think so. Even in the Florida GDT, while they had a bunch of shots, they knew they weren't getting very good chances.

You seriously bashing Riemer! If you could look at all the third period goals again it would show you different who was to blame on them. Check out the coverage in front(haaa) and the gap between defense and forwards. I think iseen that eighteen wheeler backing in there last night.

This team sucks and need to be sent packing to a large degree. Riemer was not the cause at all. Actually think he was frustrated by his players last night.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I'm surprised so many people are excusing Reimer's 3rd period. The defense was fine. Nearly every shot on net went in. And all of the goals were from the perimeter.

As a whole I didn't like the defensive effort, but it was 4-2 going into the 3rd. He's gotta make more saves to seal the win.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050 17m

No poop, tell that to some of the viewers, they aren't seeing what they're watching.

Reimer is just more convenient to blame. If people have not caught on by now of watching 6+ years of one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL.

They are not paying attention to the games enough.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Florida must be a really good team.

Leafs strength is offense and goal scoring and the Panthers held the NHL highest scoring team and Leaf sharp shooters to 3 shots in the 1st and 5 shots in the 3rd or a mere 8 shots over 40 minutes.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
The Leafs goalies have been good all year so far ('14). Sure, both have had some bad games but fans seem to only remember these games. However, the team in front of them has been awful defensively practically every year. Some say they just don't want to play D. I say they also don't have the talent. But, it's funny that when some players leave, they do better somewhere else. Fans are in denial about how bad this team really is so they blame the goalie or the coach.

They wouldn't do anything significant in the playoffs so why not support blowing it up? Get a higher draft position.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
i think it's obvious that people want to have a team that has sustainable play. last night's game was a very big problem with all the aspects of the team.

the first period, the only reason why it was a 0-0 game was because of Reimer. Not good.

the second period, the Offense explodes for 4 goals. and Reimer was given a 2 goal lead. (decent team effort)

the third period, the team allows only 6 goals, but we end up losing. team effort, and in my mind a goalie effort. (and it boils down to level of competition, the turtling effort, and coaching)

there is a legitimate concern to me regarding every aspect of the team. (goaltending included)

some people just want to lay it on Reimer's feet. (which, I think is fair. while Reimer was THE reason why the team was in it to begin with, Reimer wasn't stellar at the end, which is all that matters)

some people want to excuse Reimer, and blame the team (which is MORE than fair, because to a man, this team was clearly still enjoying Christmas).

truthfully, it's everything.

Blow it up, it's a good year to draft some likeable players.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I'm just mad Bolland's new team beat us. Always had bad vibes about us, seemed to be playing the hometown card just to get the contract but actually didn't care to play here.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
The Leafs goalies have been good all year so far ('14). Sure, both have had some bad games but fans seem to only remember these games. However, the team in front of them has been awful defensively practically every year. Some say they just don't want to play D. I say they also don't have the talent. But, it's funny that when some players leave, they do better somewhere else. Fans are in denial about how bad this team really is so they blame the goalie or the coach.

They wouldn't do anything significant in the playoffs so why not support blowing it up? Get a higher draft position.

I think this team really needs to be blown up and start over. I think the reason so many don't support that cause that means they will miss the playoffs for a few more seasons. I hear a lot of fans saying they just want to make the playoffs cause its been so long.

A little OT but where has the biggest preacher of keeping this team together been? Where are you HolyMakinaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad