Prospect Info: Look at the bright side......

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
There's always THIS!!! ....... 2024 NHL Mock Draft with Lottery Simulator | Tankathon

A couple of weeks into the season, we were gunna pick 31st overall. Just last week, we were positioned to pick @ 21st. At the rate we're losing games, we might be heading into the Draft with a top 10 pick,,.......YES!!!
I think you meant to say Ottawa might be heading into the draft with a top 10 pick once our 1st is traded for Tarasenko.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
There's always THIS!!! ....... 2024 NHL Mock Draft with Lottery Simulator | Tankathon

A couple of weeks into the season, we were gunna pick 31st overall. Just last week, we were positioned to pick @ 21st. At the rate we're losing games, we might be heading into the Draft with a top 10 pick,,.......YES!!!
Hard to understand this is a good thing when we’ve already determined the Kings can’t develop players.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Hard to understand this is a good thing when we’ve already determined the Kings can’t develop players.

Wow... again? I would have said something like, "can you explain how?" which would point to not having a developed foresight, which is acceptable, not everyone has foresight

but you went full blown HARD TO UNDERSTAND which suggests that your brain can't comprehend in any dimension how such a thing can be a positive, and this despite explanations. This is a little more unforgiving.

But because you are a Kings brother, i'll help you understand this brain teaser:

1-If LA doesn't make the playoffs, the owners are cleaning house
2-At the very least, we've got confirmation from Blake himself that his job is in peril
3-Enter a new GM (GM stands for General Manager)
4-It is of general belief (supported with actual evidence), that new GMs tend to hire scouts, assistants, coaches, etc
5-The hope here is that not all GMs are Rob Blakes, supported by DNA evidence that there's only 1 Rob Blake
6-Different GMs have different visions
7-If #1 to #6 holds true, the logic here is that the new admin will have better advisors/assistants/coaches/etc. (also known as "staff") in order to develop prospect players
8-From this, stems the logic of hoping we get a top 10 pick at the 2024 NHL Draft

Let me know if any of the 8 points are unclear

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Wow... again? I would have said something like, "can you explain how?" which would point to not having a developed foresight, which is acceptable, not everyone has foresight

but you went full blown HARD TO UNDERSTAND which suggests that your brain can't comprehend in any dimension how such a thing can be a positive, and this despite explanations. This is a little more unforgiving.

But because you are a Kings brother, i'll help you understand this brain teaser:

2-At the very least, we've got confirmation from Blake himself that his job is in peril
4-It is of general belief (supported with actual evidence), that new GMs tend to hire scouts, assistants, coaches, etc
5-The hope here is that not all GMs are Rob Blakes, supported by DNA evidence that there's only 1 Rob Blake
7-If #1 to #6 holds true, the logic here is that the new admin will have better advisors/assistants/coaches/etc. (also known as "staff") in order to develop prospect players
8-From this, stems the logic of hoping we get a top 10 pick at the 2024 NHL Draft

Cool, pretty neat to see you have it all figured out - sure seems easy!

Looking forward to getting back to the playoffs in about 5 years. GO KINGS!

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I can only laugh at Axl in this thread.

He had private messaged me during one his his bans after I had made a comment about how the koala likely wasn't going to make it thru the season.

So he messaged with me his usual sarcastic babble out how a coach who just completed consecutive 100 point seasons "makes total sense"

Axl it's pretty obvious that you don't understand certain parts of the game or you just think you are funny throwing hyperbole in to every discussion to derail them.
Can you just quit while you are behind or maybe just go become a Ducks fan?

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
Cool, pretty neat to see you have it all figured out - sure seems easy!

Looking forward to getting back to the playoffs in about 5 years. GO KINGS!
You probably harbor the exact same mentality as management that will forever doom this franchise to being a black hole team: too good to tank, but not good enough to win.

Making the playoffs isn't a lottery ticket; plenty of teams believe that if you just get in, anything can happen and you can win a Cup. Almost all of them are pretenders.

Historically, the best way to build a contender is to build your own pool of elite players, have them all playing well at the same time with under-market contracts, supplement them with good players at market-value contracts, and then pray that elite talent that would generally bust your cap that are desperate to win are available at the trade deadline that also slot in perfectly with your gaps in the lineup.

Also, this team might even miss the playoffs this season, so how would that be different than blowing it all up?

Reactions: Herby

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

He had private messaged me during one his his bans after I had made a comment about how the koala likely wasn't going to make it thru the season.

So he messaged with me his usual sarcastic babble out how a coach who just completed consecutive 100 point seasons "makes total sense"

Axl it's pretty obvious that you don't understand certain parts of the game or you just think you are funny throwing hyperbole in to every discussion to derail them.
Let's be clear - that was before the season even started. So, would it have made sense?

If you were going to be honest, you'd admit this isn't even on the coach. Look what happened the last two games...how in the world do you look at two completely opposite performances and point to the coach?

As far as quitting and becoming a Ducks fan, why would I? Just remember, I 'm not the one on this site posting 100x a day about how much the team and everyone involved with it sucks. Maybe THOSE people should quit and find a new team?

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Let's be clear - that was before the season even started. So, would it have made sense?

If you were going to be honest, you'd admit this isn't even on the coach. Look what happened the last two games...how in the world do you look at two completely opposite performances and point to the coach?

As far as quitting and becoming a Ducks fan, why would I? Just remember, I 'm not the one on this site posting 100x a day about how much the team and everyone involved with it sucks. Maybe THOSE people should quit and find a new team?
Of course it's not solely on the coach, the share is blamed between the coach, players, GM, Luc. But you can't fire a whole team, you often see this when coaches are let go as a way to hopefully jump start the players, it's usually the first step and hopefully it works out, if not then more drastic changes are made. It's not Todd's exclusive fault, but he's not innocent either.

• Love
Reactions: Lt Dan

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Everyone could see it coming to a head besides you. Last season half the teams were tanking for Bedard. The amount of points they got meant nothing.
There was a thread before the season where most people said Todd wouldnt make it through the season. During the playoffs last year the national broadcast was calling him out and baffled by his decisions. The players being interviewed after the games disappointed they were just sitting back…
It was never Todds fault alone but moving on from him is the first step of the natural progression in the sport when you arent winning.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Everyone could see it coming to a head besides you. Last season half the teams were tanking for Bedard. The amount of points they got meant nothing.
There was a thread before the season where most people said Todd wouldnt make it through the season. During the playoffs last year the national broadcast was calling him out and baffled by his decisions. The players being interviewed after the games disappointed they were just sitting back…
It was never Todds fault alone but moving on from him is the first step of the natural progression in the sport when you arent winning.
Bullshit. At the start of the season. most of the 'respected' journalists out there were pumping up the team's projection and creaming over the amount of center depth they now had. After a month into the season, all the same had the Kings in the Stanley Cup Contender category with TM as a Jack Adams candidate.

I am well aware of the natural progression. I bet a buddy $50 that TM would be fired within five days after the first BUF loss. Unfortunately, I lost but I saw it coming. However, doesn't mean I thought it would change much.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

The only problem....is assuming that happens, we won't know how deep the cuts run....for example, let's watch CBS the rest of the year/off-season they just sacked their GM, so what changes to scouting/player development, etc any big changes, I don't believe there will be, yea, one two, three guys might get swapped out, but what you are talking about here is needing wholesale changes, complete departments etc.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

How I am not being honest?

And no it's never solely been on the coach. It's mostly on Blake and the upper management pressuring to bring the team along too fast.

but, it cannot be ignored that McLellan has/had very obvious faults and is a stubborn f*** and had the exact same issues with every team he coached.

Read this... this was an Edmonton fan asking sharks fan about their new hire years ago. Sounds pretty damn familiar, doesn't it?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020

Watch out -- you get tattled on like me yesterday and get reprimanded (and post deleted like mine was) lol

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
On the bright side, the Kings now know they made a mistake and are unhappy with PLD and are going to trade him, right? ...right?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
The only problem....is assuming that happens, we won't know how deep the cuts run....for example, let's watch CBS the rest of the year/off-season they just sacked their GM, so what changes to scouting/player development, etc any big changes, I don't believe there will be, yea, one two, three guys might get swapped out, but what you are talking about here is needing wholesale changes, complete departments etc.

regardless, it was just one game

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Bullshit. At the start of the season. most of the 'respected' journalists out there were pumping up the team's projection and creaming over the amount of center depth they now had. After a month into the season, all the same had the Kings in the Stanley Cup Contender category with TM as a Jack Adams candidate.

I am well aware of the natural progression. I bet a buddy $50 that TM would be fired within five days after the first BUF loss. Unfortunately, I lost but I saw it coming. However, doesn't mean I thought it would change much.
a few , yes

But many others brought up the goaltending concerns and the questions about PLD's character

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

You mean the new GM won't hire all of his best friends to key positions?

I've asked Axl and GBH this a million times but never seem to get an answer, are Emerson and Murray the most qualified people for their jobs, or did they get their jobs because they are Blake's best friends?

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
You mean the new GM won't hire all of his best friends to key positions?

I've asked Axl and GBH this a million times but never seem to get an answer, are Emerson and Murray the most qualified people for their jobs, or did they get their jobs because they are Blake's best friends?
Its Blake's version of DEI - Duncecap Employment Initiative... where the top checkboxes are: 90s King player, Lives in MB, Surfs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad