Long shot NHLers - any chance?

firstimekeeperpoolie

Jul 23, 2011
Do any of these prospects have a chance at becoming legit NHLers (ie more than 400gp)?

Or phrased differently - would you pick any of these guys in the last round of a keeper pool - or would you just leave a spot open because none of them have much of a shot?

Angelo Esposito
Dmitri Kugryshev
Frazer Mclaren
Kirril Petrov
Ivan Vishnevskiy
Mark Olver

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mark Olver has decent 2nd line potential, but it will be hard cracking the lineup and he's pretty useless on the bottom 2 lines.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Yeah Olver won't be a full time NHLer with the Avs, by the looks of things.

He's a tweener. Great on the 2nd line, but not good enough to be in the bottom 6. He'll either be an elite AHLer or grow into a third line role or find a new team to play in the top 6.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
olver is in a similar position to tj hensick, although he does play with a bit of an edge, if he gets better on the defensive side of the game, and get stronger on his legs not pushed around so much, he may be able to be a full time nhl player.

Fast Tony DeNiro

May 1, 2011
Only player from the list I feel somewhat confident about is Petrov. It's looking like he will leave Russia here in the next year or so, and he could be a good player in the NHL. None of the other players really do much for me.

Esposito's knees are ruined, Kurgyshev has a lot of work to do, McLaren could pull in 3 minutes a game for a few years....Vish had a shot with three different NHL teams and never really cracked the lineup, I think he'll stay in Russia the rest of his career. Olver is the only other one on the list I feel might have a chance at an NHL career, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad