GDT: long pile end knob wompers @ SAUNA

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I personally think Jarvis has been a really good fit on the Staal line, even going back to earlier in the year. Better than Svech. This current version of Svech that is back to playing at a high level fits that top line great just like Jarvis. I really don't see why so many people had an issue with the change. I've always thought people get so locked in on one line working at an elite level they overlook that the best result is to get many lines going at the same time. And it's not like they won't throw the GAJ line back together at times. I said it before the series, nobody should act like even a successful line like the GAJ line won't get broken up at times. Some people thought it would never happen and it didn't last a game.

I'm pretty sure the new Staal line and the new Aho line had some mind boggling numbers last night and looked great doing it. Hockey is weird, they almost lost the game anyway, but there wasn't anything wrong with the changes.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They took offense at the "Cry" "They're so Mad" etc. posts especially since such behavior is not allowed in their org. Doxed the Canes Admin.

Isles fans found out her personal contact information, including cell phone number and were sending death threats overnight

The Canes scrubbed their site of the social media contacts to protect them and their families

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

They don't know the Canes very well it seems.

A quick scroll through this guy's feed was quite cathartic.

1713921443871.png

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Social media was a mistake

Well, yes, but not only because of this. Before social media, sports fans would call into radio shows to spew the same stupid crap they put on social media today.

Turns out being basically anonymous allows really stupid people to say and do the things that wouldn't normally see the light of day.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
They took offense at the "Cry" "They're so Mad" etc. posts especially since such behavior is not allowed in their org. Doxed the Canes Admin.

I ran into one of the Caps media guys at a party a couple of years ago and he was quite envious of the freedom the Canes folks had. Monumental (parent company for the Caps) is apparently a really stodgy, buttoned up group.

I also tried to convince him to give me the full game footage of Rod mic'ed up in the Stadium Series. No can do on that one, very, very not for public release. And apparently not a lot was usable on air due to Rod being Rod.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I ran into one of the Caps media guys at a party a couple of years ago and he was quite envious of the freedom the Canes folks had. Monumental (parent company for the Caps) is apparently a really stodgy, buttoned up group.

I also tried to convince him to give me the full game footage of Rod mic'ed up in the Stadium Series. No can do on that one, very, very not for public release. And apparently not a lot was usable on air due to Rod being Rod.
The mic’d up segments are so ridiculous unless it’s like an hbo 24/7 situation where they can let it fly unedited. Half the time when they’re on broadcast tv all you hear are blades scraping and pucks bouncing because every single word is profanity

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad