Long Overdue... Honor Lou Nolan Now

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Yeah. What better time than the 50th anniversary?

Exactly... a win/win... Honor both all the long-term employees by recognizing arguably their most prominent and dedicated fellow employee... while they honor a fan favorite and real class act.

... Honor workers and fans alike... rewarding loyalty and talent... The Organization looks good and Lou enjoys the 50th Anniversary feeling that he is an integral piece of a long honored part of Philadelphia Sports, as well as the NHL itself... and a real good guy gets a deserving nod in an era were real POSs seem to be in the forefront.

Put Lou Where He Belongs... In the Rafter While He Is Still At The Mike!!!!

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
In order of my excitement in meeting guys at the draft a couple years ago:

1. Sean Couturier
2. Phil Prichard
3. Lou Nolan
4. Jeremy Roenick

Lou is awesome, definitely deserves a pregame ceremony honoring him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I signed a petition to honor Lou Nolan and shared on facebook today. Was this started by you?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I signed a petition to honor Lou Nolan and shared on facebook today. Was this started by you?

I'm unaware of this FB Petition... but elated to see that the Cause is picking up steam.

... There seems to be just about unanimous opinion among Flyers Fans that Lou should be installed in the PFHoF, or at least honored... The Flyers Organization must be made aware of this, and once they are, how can they not follow through on it.

I honestly believe that Fan support was greatly influential in Jimmy Watson's selection after so many years of being overlooked... We can do it again for Lou. :yo:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
The petition seems to be gaining steam, according to the FB Page... I have also found out that there is 'inside' the business support with everyone contacted in full agreement that Lou is deserving and this should happen.

Please pass on the word to as many people in whichever way you can think of... and contacting the Flyers to make them aware of your support would really go a long way.

Thanks for any and all your help.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
The petition seems to be gaining steam, according to the FB Page... I have also found out that there is 'inside' the business support with everyone contacted in full agreement that Lou is deserving and this should happen.

Please pass on the word to as many people in whichever way you can think of... and contacting the Flyers to make them aware of your support would really go a long way.

Thanks for any and all your help.

I help run a Flyers fan account with about 4500 followers, I will definitely give a shoutout

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

Sweet. :nod:

Interesting to note... Lou is in the Philly Sports HoF already... The Flyers are dragging their heels here; the local Sports people appreciate Lou... the Flyers seem to be missing the boat as they attempt to keep their Hall ultra exclusive.

... I guessing that Mark Recchi is the next to be enshrined... He also should be already in it IMO.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Just want to this worthy cause in your minds... Please keep Lou's PFHoF Selection alive... Sign the petition... spread the word... and let the Flyers Organization that we want Lou to be honored.

Forget Hillary and Donald... remember Lou Nolan. :yo:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
So happy to see Lou get his props on here... and hopefully soon by the Organization that he so ably has been working for for a half-century.

BTW; can't recall if I or anybody else has brought this to attention here... Lou has a full time job that he works long and hard on... and he serves us at the Games often after coming off his Regular Job... and nobody can even tell, I'm certain.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Sitting in my seat before the game and Lou Nolan just walked right by me. I turned around and went Lou Nolan! I literally have played on the ice with some nhl players, even some all-stars (langenbrunner among others), but I've literally never felt star struck. Unbelievably, I was almost at a loss for words. Didn't have too much time to tell him that I've been listening to his voice for 32 years... all I could mutter was "you should be up there" and pointed towards the rafters. He said I really appreciate and moved on to his spot at center ice.

Seriously one of the highlights of my life.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Sitting in my seat before the game and Lou Nolan just walked right by me. I turned around and went Lou Nolan! I literally have played on the ice with some nhl players, even some all-stars (langenbrunner among others), but I've literally never felt star struck. Unbelievably, I was almost at a loss for words. Didn't have too much time to tell him that I've been listening to his voice for 32 years... all I could mutter was "you should be up there" and pointed towards the rafters. He said I really appreciate and moved on to his spot at center ice.

Seriously one of the highlights of my life.

Damn... this is one of the times I wish the most that we had a 'Like' Button. :handclap:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I understand that the Eagles are installing Merrill Reese, their long time radio voice in their Hall -- or Ring; whatever -- and The Flyers's own 'Voioce', Gene Hart was so deservedly installed years ago... The Sixers' late Dave Zinkoff has been raised to the WFC Rafters with a 'Mic Banner', IIRC, too late for him to enjoy the honor.

Our LOOOOOOOOOU is every bit as deserving of being honored as the above... all of them are deserving, I must stress... If anybody from the Flyers are monitoring this Forum, please make note that the People have spoken, and the Flyers should duly respond in this, the glorious 50th Anniversary of an icon franchise, by installing their icon Announcer in the PFHoF in 2017.

I again urge all here to support the cause: HONOR LOU NOLAN... NOW!

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Tonight the Eagles inducted Merrill Reese into their Hall of Fame... and after Forty Seasons of service, it is well deserved.

Lou Nolan has Merrill beat with his service to the Flyers Organization... Yo, Flyers!!!... Take a look at what the birds did tonight and do the same with Lou Nolan.

For goodness sake; Lou has suited up for more games than Bobby Clarke... He is an Iron Man... He is as loyal to the Organization as anyone could be.

... Make it happen THIS Anniversary Season... WE.WILL.NOT.GO.AWAY!!!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Tonight the Eagles inducted Merrill Reese into their Hall of Fame... and after Forty Seasons of service, it is well deserved.

Lou Nolan has Merrill beat with his service to the Flyers Organization... Yo, Flyers!!!... Take a look at what the birds did tonight and do the same with Lou Nolan.

For goodness sake; Lou has suited up for more games than Bobby Clarke... He is an Iron Man... He is as loyal to the Organization as anyone could be.

... Make it happen THIS Anniversary Season... WE.WILL.NOT.GO.AWAY!!!

Have you been able to reach out to the organization at all?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Have you been able to reach out to the organization at all?

Nothing official to-date... unanswered Twitter messages from Organization People... but I've been told from various non-official people associated with the Flyers that they fully support this, and that Lou is indeed deserving.

I have been attacking this indirectly through barnstorming Social Media... But I think I will now reach out directly to a source I have contacted in the past, on a couple concerns/questions, and see what response I can get from the Organization.

FWIW; I believe that it was grassroots support like this that finally pushed the Organization to select Jimmy Watson last Season... I was hoping that it could also get Lou the nod. Jimmy was overlooked for way too long... and the time has come to get Lou in there.

... It would be nice if the Fans could get representation on the committee that selects the PFHoF... just a voice in consideration, not actually selecting. JMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad