Long Overdue... Honor Lou Nolan Now

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Our plea has reached the appropriate people involved in the Flyers Organization... included those who select the PFHoF Inductees.

I have no idea when I will receive a response on if there are any plans... or if they will consider honoring Lou... but I feel confident that I will hear back from them.

I'm getting a real good feeling on this... and believe that if they feel that this is what the Fans want, they will make an effort to comply in some manner... So, please make your voices heard, and your thoughts known, as best you can... until we achieve our Goal.

#HonorLouNolanNow! #InductLouNolanInThePFHoF!

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Our plea has reached the appropriate people involved in the Flyers Organization... included those who select the PFHoF Inductees.

I have no idea when I will receive a response on if there are any plans... or if they will consider honoring Lou... but I feel confident that I will hear back from them.

I'm getting a real good feeling on this... and believe that if they feel that this is what the Fans want, they will make an effort to comply in some manner... So, please make your voices heard, and your thoughts known, as best you can... until we achieve our Goal.

#HonorLouNolanNow! #InductLouNolanInThePFHoF!

Well done sawdalite. Hope it works. Lou certainly deserves it.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Hey all, I was the one who started the petition and I run the "Flyers PA Announcer Lou Nolan" page on fb. Thank you all so much. Through the page, I've gotten to meet Lou and his family on several occasions. Lou is a humble guy, he needs our help. I think we can do this!

Andrew

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Hey all, I was the one who started the petition and I run the "Flyers PA Announcer Lou Nolan" page on fb. Thank you all so much. Through the page, I've gotten to meet Lou and his family on several occasions. Lou is a humble guy, he needs our help. I think we can do this!

Andrew

Meeting him was great I'm certain... He does seem to be a great guy... and his dedication and tenure in the Organization is beyond commendable... He needs to be enshrined THIS Season... after 50 years of service.

I see he has written a book with the help of Sam Carchidi... I hope this helps in building up his reputation and in getting his rightfully due props.

... As a followup... I did NOT receive the followup response I expected once my email to the Flyers was passed on... I'm greatly disappointed with that. At a point that the Organization is celebrating a Half Century,one would think that it would want to include one of -- if not 'THE' -- longest tenured employee who has been through just about all of the ups and down of this great Team... In the Rafters are Builders, Players and a Broadcaster... Lou would represent the Fans as well as the people who built and maintained the Organization as I see it.

In any Company/Organization throughout America/World I would think that only a few have not honored employees that have reached the Fifty Years of service mark... Frankly in such a great and respectful Organization as the Flyers are, it is unacceptable that they have not honored Lou in any way... He is in at least one other local HoF, yet he is not in the Flyers HoF... not have they honored him in any manner deserving of such an accomplishment as he has achieved... not even a Lou Nolan Appreciation Night... Place a Banner in the Rafters along with Zinkoff... Place his name in the Rafters along with Gene Harts... Why wait until he passes on from us and neither he nor many of the people left who have followed the Flyers from their inception can enjoy the moment. Inclusion in the PFHoF in his lifetime is an earned and deserving honor.

I believe both Lou Nolan and Mark Recchi should be installed in the PFHoF THIS Season... both are long overdue as I see it. [/RANT]

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Meeting him was great I'm certain... He does seem to be a great guy... and his dedication and tenure in the Organization is beyond commendable... He needs to be enshrined THIS Season... after 50 years of service.

I see he has written a book with the help of Sam Carchidi... I hope this helps in building up his reputation and in getting his rightfully due props.

... As a followup... I did NOT receive the followup response I expected once my email to the Flyers was passed on... I'm greatly disappointed with that. At a point that the Organization is celebrating a Half Century,one would think that it would want to include one of -- if not 'THE' -- longest tenured employee who has been through just about all of the ups and down of this great Team... In the Rafters are Builders, Players and a Broadcaster... Lou would represent the Fans as well as the people who built and maintained the Organization as I see it.

In any Company/Organization throughout America/World I would think that only a few have not honored employees that have reached the Fifty Years of service mark... Frankly in such a great and respectful Organization as the Flyers are, it is unacceptable that they have not honored Lou in any way... He is in at least one other local HoF, yet he is not in the Flyers HoF... not have they honored him in any manner deserving of such an accomplishment as he has achieved... not even a Lou Nolan Appreciation Night... Place a Banner in the Rafters along with Zinkoff... Place his name in the Rafters along with Gene Harts... Why wait until he passes on from us and neither he nor many of the people left who have followed the Flyers from their inception can enjoy the moment. Inclusion in the PFHoF in his lifetime is an earned and deserving honor.

I believe both Lou Nolan and Mark Recchi should be installed in the PFHoF THIS Season... both are long overdue as I see it. [/RANT]

I have also emailed the team to no avail. I plan on emailing them again once the petition gets up to 500.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I have also emailed the team to no avail. I plan on emailing them again once the petition gets up to 500.

Best of luck, my friend... I honestly don't understand why the Flyers have not already done it... or at least announced or leaked that it is in their upcoming plans. It has support of so many Fans and all of the in-house and/or Hockey related I have contacted for support... It is such a no-brainer and would give them nothing but good will if done.

... I do however have hope... I hoped for and campaigned for Jimmy Watson to be inducted... and although the Flyers were a couple decades tardy, they finally gave Jimmy his due; I'm certain that they will eventually see how they are missing the boat with their delaying Lou's honoring. #InductLouNolanInPFHoFNow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad