Long Live the Northwest Division

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
Because we will own it, now and forever. Formed in 1998 and kaput as of this summer, Northwest Division Titles are as follows:

Vancouver Canucks – 7

Colorado Avalanche -5

Calgary Flames – 1

Minnesota Wild – 1

Edmonton Oilers – 0

I wrote a short novel on the subject for SmugNation.com, but with all the anxiety right now about the series against the sharks, it might be just what you need to remember who the boss is. It might also have the opposite effect, reminding us of some bad luck and close misses. Let me know what you think, guys.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Because we will own it, now and forever. Formed in 1998 and kaput as of this summer, Northwest Division Titles are as follows:

Vancouver Canucks – 7

Colorado Avalanche -5

Calgary Flames – 1

Minnesota Wild – 1

Edmonton Oilers – 0

I wrote a short novel on the subject for SmugNation.com, but with all the anxiety right now about the series against the sharks, it might be just what you need to remember who the boss is. It might also have the opposite effect, reminding us of some bad luck and close misses. Let me know what you think, guys.

:handclap:

Great to be reminded what a good team we've (mostly) been watching this last decade.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
We've definitely been spoiled the past 10 years but boy I cannot believe we didn't win a cup when looking back at some of the teams we had. this is almost more of a reminder of our failures more then it is a success story.

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
Not saying much when at least 3 teams were really crappy all those years

That may be, but good teams should beat bad teams. There are always at least one or two crap teams in every division every year, with the very good divisions rotating. For example, the Atlantic last year was money, and this year, not so much.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
That may be, but good teams should beat bad teams. There are always at least one or two crap teams in every division every year, with the very good divisions rotating. For example, the Atlantic last year was money, and this year, not so much.

Atlantic still better than Northwest this year.

I know you can't blame the Canucks (or Avs for that matter) for dominating when they did. Good on them for taking advantage of the situation.

I just don't see it as an amazing feat all things considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad