London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Slept on this one to not overreact. This post is why people get a hate on for Knight fans. You just won the series, and someone is still whining about a CLEARLY illegal play from two nights before. Picks are legal in Basketball, but this was an illegal pick because your feet must be stationary to set a legal pick. Motew is pursuing another player with the puck and focussed on that player. Nobody who understands hockey is expected to look around to see if the coast is clear, because what Lawrence did is ILLEGAL. Motew does NOT have the puck. Please explain to me how any contact on him is Ok. Actually, please don’t, it will just give me a headache. Best od luck the rest of the way. Enjoy watching through those green tinted glasses. 🤓
Does this mean I can go back to painting all of the Rangers fans with the same brush?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1713383480948.jpg
    FB_IMG_1713383480948.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240208_101644.jpg
    20240208_101644.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Knights Watcher

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Slept on this one to not overreact. This post is why people get a hate on for Knight fans. You just won the series, and someone is still whining about a CLEARLY illegal play from two nights before. Picks are legal in Basketball, but this was an illegal pick because your feet must be stationary to set a legal pick. Motew is pursuing another player with the puck and focussed on that player. Nobody who understands hockey is expected to look around to see if the coast is clear, because what Lawrence did is ILLEGAL. Motew does NOT have the puck. Please explain to me how any contact on him is Ok. Actually, please don’t, it will just give me a headache. Best od luck the rest of the way. Enjoy watching through those green tinted glasses. 🤓
With all due respect my dear Ranger fan, you are entitle to your opinion here as any others, this includes I. Your team has lost a hard fought series and it was recognised here by all Knights poster fans

What I say in these posts you are referring about is of my personal views and opinions, most posters here don't agree with my views, I still have the respected rights by most for voicing my personal opinions, not theirs. You come here, in peace most of the time, you do not have to agree with any of our Knights fan posts, and they certainly will differ at times from Ranger fans, you do not have to read what we write or agree or even have to come here. But when you do, you will always be welcomed I am sure. About this stupid suspension to an undeserving Lawrence, the league agrees with your team, he is suspended, I strongly disagree and voice my opinion, what else does Ranger fans want from Knight fans on their very own forum pages. London won the series and Rangers won the league argument, congratulation to the Knights and congratulation to Rangers management. Let's move on from our disagreement

Last edited:

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Nicholl starting to show some game, albeit against a shorthanded Kitchener squad. London will need him and Van G to step up.
He's a great player. The team just has too much talent to move him up. Almost and other team in the league I bet he'd be 2nd line.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
George and Edward have been great +10 and +9
I thought Edward played his best game of the playoffs last night. Maybe the best game of the season.

The Rangers staff should be evaluated for checking him out on the bench and saying he was ok ! They let him finish the second period. Did another hit cause the concussion? Is Karen being victimised for something he didn’t do or are the Ranger staff incompetent? The OHL should investigate that because if he was indeed concussed he should have left the ice right then. Serious damage could occur if he followed up with another hit to head.
I said the same thing. They checked him out and he was back playing and was nailed by someone else.

Reactions: nelli27 and LDN

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Knights in the NHL Playoffs Lineup

Tkachuck-Horvat-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Evangelista
Cotter-Watson-McMichael
McCarron-Gagner-Perry

Bouchard-Carlson
Zadorov

Stolarz

Who did I miss? Also we need more Goalies/D haha
Off the top of my head Namestnikov Jets.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
I have included the definition of interference below. I was overwhelmingly surprised to see that the rule does not indicate that you cannot be penalized for interference if you are in front of the opponent.

When I was in University I worked at The Beer Store and our manager used to tell us "the customer is always right, no matter how wrong they are".
It is amazing how often I am reminded of that quote.....

View attachment 855151
1 and 3 are textbook from the incident.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
He's a great player. The team just has too much talent to move him up. Almost and other team in the league I bet he'd be 2nd line.
I think he’ll have a noticeable incremental increase in production next year with all the graduates and potential graduates.

allfornothing

Aug 4, 2022

Can someone forward this to Mike Mackenzie? It was painful watching so many young guys in blue consistently have their backs to the play. It's almost like they are instructed not to consider their own safety so they can draw opportunities for their highly touted powerplay.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Absolutely not, on all counts

You can not be interfering if you are in front of the player, what right does Motew have over Lawrence's, on the piece of ice under Lawrence skates, he either goes around or through him, Motew tried to go through

Again Motew clearly ran into Lawrence from behind, had Motew lift his head he would have see what was ahead of him, Clearly as this review shows he was behind Lawrence, Slow-mo it

You can interfere an opposing player regardless of wether you are in front, beside or behind a player.
Not getting into an argument on this single play ( I said he deserved a 5 n a game, the 5 games I feel is a but much but it's what they ruled)
But ya you sure can "pick, impede, interfere with a player while ahead of them.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
:clap:way to go London you beat a team 4/3 , just barely, with Rangers playing a rookie forward on defense, JR B call up, and 2 other rookies on defense. Going to have to play better in next round. Go SSM or Saginaw, although I think SSM has a better shot

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights in the NHL Playoffs Lineup

Tkachuck-Horvat-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Evangelista
Cotter-Watson-McMichael
McCarron-Gagner-Perry

Bouchard-Carlson
Zadorov

Stolarz

Who did I miss? Also we need more Goalies/D haha
Patrick Maroon...................Did you get him?
He's coming off back surgery and now playing for the Bruins @ 36.
Move Michael McCarron to Defence. Big, Nasty Boy.
Maroon plays with Corey Perry on the 4th Line.
Marner is moved as a D-Man with Carlsson.
Namestikov takes Marner's spot.
Swtch Gagner and Watson.
McCarron is Back-Up G.
Playing 5 D-Men.
WINNER!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
:clap:way to go London you beat a team 4/3 , just barely, with Rangers playing a rookie forward on defense, JR B call up, and 2 other rookies on defense. Going to have to play better in next round. Go SSM or Saginaw, although I think SSM has a better shot
4-0. Golf season begins.

Parsons kept it respectable last night.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
So London has to hang 10 on a 2nd rnd playoff team fighting for their lives in order for it to be good enough? The series was a sweep and never really in doubt, I apologize if that wasn't dominating enough for Billyjack, but I haven't heard of anyone else from any fanbase that had concerns about London's performance.
IMO the close games vs Flint were a much bigger concern than Kitchener pulling within 1 goal late with the extra attacker.
I know it's not a great feeling getting swept out of the playoffs after having a great first half to the season, but the whole "you only beat us because this and that and it wasn't very impressive" schtick is just kinda sad.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Are you sniffing glue?

Motew Skates into him hardly worth 5 games.
Hard to stop a guy from skating into you 🤷‍♂️

No but I think your on something if you think that's the Kitchener players fault wake and stop drinking Hunter's juice

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
No but I think your on something if you think that's the Kitchener players fault wake and stop drinking Hunter's juice

Where can you purchase this Hunter juice!
Does it give you wings? A bigger set of ba$/##, Blind loyalty?
Flavours?
Gotta get me some!
Now we need a catchy brand name for marketing........
KniCapsGers juice?

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Ahem...It's not like the series went to 7 games. It was a friggin' sweep.
Dominant? No, but it was never in doubt. Didn't matter if you trotted out Jesus H Christ himself, with the way your team played, they would have been out physical-ed and outclassed regardless. But if it make you feel better about yourself, then go ahead and make excuses.
Oh, and BTW, congratulations for rooting for one of the softest teams in the league. Don't like to hit, don't like to get hit. Starts with the GM MM that hopes the league realigns the divisions so that he doesn't have to keep losing to us. That's what you want from a GM, being afraid of competition. Pathetic!
And I do believe we still have another gear or two. We just tend to play down to our opponents. In this case....way down. Next series is going to be tough. No sweeps this time.

And No Frills also has carried over their Tissue Sale in case Sop wants to stock up.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Let's NOT (edited.... forgot the word not lol) come on here and bash the KTown squad. Most Rangers fans n posters are top notch.
Sorry if my juice joke got the ball rolling here. Shoulda known better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad