London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Hope Gaz is healthy for round 3. We need him to be able to contribute like he can. Especially with KLaw out.

Reactions: Ken Yates

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
In fairness he was simply answering a question I had asked. You’re correct not against the rules but when I saw it I immediately thought OK he is with it enough to “look for the call” so he in fact is not concussed. I saw Lindros after his last hit from Scott Steven’s and yes he had no idea where he was and you could tell he was out in left field so to speak. Motew just didn’t look that way so again I was surprised to hear he had a concussion. Not every player that takes a head shot gets a concussion. Cheers and onto Round 3 ….
I read you, and understand where you are coming from. Concussion comes in many ways, I once saw a player just falling on his butt, no push no hit or contact and he was out of action for 7 weeks with a concussion, in my playing days, we didn't know what concussions were, we thought they were just bad headaches or the eye distortion came with migraines. Any kind of player reaction from hits can mean something different to player to different hits, it should always be looked at with seriousness. I don't Blame Motew for his after hit reaction, but do so for his skating with his head low. Lawrence is not to be blamed for other players looking about, had Motew took a quick glance up and like most other plays on ice with players without the puck no physical contact would have been made. Unless Lawrence wanted to eliminate Motew completely, and even then his head would have been up had he glanced up for a split second, the fact that McCue stopped skating didn't help Lawrence's situation.

You punish someone to teach a lesson, what lesson would Lawrence learned from this play other than to shy away from playing hockey for fear of getting suspended, he did not go after Motew he was reacting in confusion for a broken up play like any player would, when three players are in fast closing in a triangle. Understanding the severity of the hit he couldn't avoid without Motew helping his own self, in this situation bias or not, 5 games is ridiculous, totally

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
The Rangers staff should be evaluated for checking him out on the bench and saying he was ok ! They let him finish the second period. Did another hit cause the concussion? Is Karen being victimised for something he didn’t do or are the Ranger staff incompetent? The OHL should investigate that because if he was indeed concussed he should have left the ice right then. Serious damage could occur if he followed up with another hit to head.

Reactions: crowncarrier

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Knights in the NHL Playoffs Lineup

Tkachuck-Horvat-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Evangelista
Cotter-Watson-McMichael
McCarron-Gagner-Perry

Bouchard-Carlson
Zadorov

Stolarz

Who did I miss? Also we need more Goalies/D haha

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Are you sniffing glue?

Motew Skates into him hardly worth 5 games.
Hard to stop a guy from skating into you 🤷‍♂️

Clearly ! This is a much closer and better view still, if you stop the frame before the collision you can see Lawrence skates ahead of Motew's, and as you move forward to the collision Motew's skates has now caught up and are now parallel. Lawrence hands are down elbows down at the time of collision and as Motew head start to move away as you see separation forming, than we see Lawrence elbow starting to lift long after the initial contact. Lawrence was ahead, that little piece ice under his feet does not belong to Motew, he ran into Lawrence, no interference, and the head contact was done by Motew when he hit Lawrence from behind. This video's viewing clearly shows it all

Reactions: TheCoach

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
With Lawrence being a part of our best shutdown line and 1 of our better faceoff men.. more work will be shifted to JJ. Gaz is running at 50% and this extra days off could help. Other players have raised their game Halttunen, Nicholl even Leonard all steady. Simpson bends but does not break

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Tkachuck-Horvat-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Evangelista
Cotter-Watson-McMichael
McCarron-Gagner-Perry

Bouchard-Carlson
Zadorov

Stolarz

A whole lot if you don't go back to when they were called Nationals, you didn't only missed players, you have missed many years as well

You watch hockey right?
What gives it away? :laugh:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
A whole lot if you don't go back to when they were called Nationals, you didn't only missed players, you have missed many years as well

What gives it away? :laugh:
Who did I miss friend?

Can someone please explain how we are to beat SSM? I know our boys will do it in 7 games, but I’d love to hear how.

I really think we can physically dominate Saginaw. Would love to have our guys hit hit hit them a ton!

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON

Tkachuck-Horvat-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Evangelista
Cotter-Watson-McMichael
McCarron-Gagner-Perry

Bouchard-Carlson
Zadorov

Stolarz

I think the only guy I see missing is Namestnikov, he would probably slot in ahead of a few of those guys.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Tkachuck-Horvat-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Evangelista
Cotter-Watson-McMichael
McCarron-Gagner-Perry

Bouchard-Carlson
Zadorov

Stolarz

Is newly signed Nic Mattinen up with the Leafs or is he down with the Marlies?

Spinner

Nov 25, 2015
Clearly ! This is a much closer and better view still, if you stop the frame before the collision you can see Lawrence skates ahead of Motew's, and as you move forward to the collision Motew's skates has now caught up and are now parallel. Lawrence hands are down elbows down at the time of collision and as Motew head start to move away as you see separation forming, than we see Lawrence elbow starting to lift long after the initial contact. Lawrence was ahead, that little piece ice under his feet does not belong to Motew, he ran into Lawrence, no interference, and the head contact was done by Motew when he hit Lawrence from behind. This video's viewing clearly shows it all

Regardless of what players, teams, level of hockey, etc., this is a textbook blindside check to the head.
This was also interference and in my opinion this video is more damning than the overhead view. Whether or not the infraction was worth a five game suspension, I am unsure.
Your inability to recognize this as a clear blindside check to the head hinders your credibility.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Gerber, McNamara, Fagan, Jenken, Arrowsmith and Van Bommel are all players for next years team. Solid pipeline for sure!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Regardless of what players, teams, level of hockey, etc., this is a textbook blindside check to the head.
This was also interference and in my opinion this video is more damning than the overhead view. Whether or not the infraction was worth a five game suspension, I am unsure.
Your inability to recognize this as a clear blindside check to the head hinders your credibility.
Absolutely not, on all counts

You can not be interfering if you are in front of the player, what right does Motew have over Lawrence's, on the piece of ice under Lawrence skates, he either goes around or through him, Motew tried to go through

Again Motew clearly ran into Lawrence from behind, had Motew lift his head he would have see what was ahead of him, Clearly as this review shows he was behind Lawrence, Slow-mo it

Spinner

Nov 25, 2015

You can not be interfering if you are in front of the player, what right does Motew have over Lawrence's, on the piece of ice under Lawrence skates, he either goes around or through him, Motew tried to go through

Again Motew clearly ran into Lawrence from behind, had Motew lift his head he would have see what was ahead of him, Clearly as this review shows he was behind Lawrence, Slow-mo it

I have included the definition of interference below. I was overwhelmingly surprised to see that the rule does not indicate that you cannot be penalized for interference if you are in front of the opponent.

When I was in University I worked at The Beer Store and our manager used to tell us "the customer is always right, no matter how wrong they are".
It is amazing how often I am reminded of that quote.....

1713539087929.png

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Using the opinion of an incredibly biased Knights fan ( even worse than you) does nothing to prove your point.

But aside frim that, the video clearly shows an elbow to the head

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023

Slept on this one to not overreact. This post is why people get a hate on for Knight fans. You just won the series, and someone is still whining about a CLEARLY illegal play from two nights before. Picks are legal in Basketball, but this was an illegal pick because your feet must be stationary to set a legal pick. Motew is pursuing another player with the puck and focussed on that player. Nobody who understands hockey is expected to look around to see if the coast is clear, because what Lawrence did is ILLEGAL. Motew does NOT have the puck. Please explain to me how any contact on him is Ok. Actually, please don’t, it will just give me a headache. Best od luck the rest of the way. Enjoy watching through those green tinted glasses. 🤓

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad