London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
5 teams left… London, Saginaw, Soo, North Bay, Oshawa. All good teams. Should be fun to watch.

What’s the general consensus - does London match up better with Spirit or Hounds? Both would be tough but early feeling for me is the Hounds are a tougher matchup for London. Without Lawrence for games 1-4 makes it harder, obviously.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
5 teams left… London, Saginaw, Soo, North Bay, Oshawa. All good teams. Should be fun to watch.

What’s the general consensus - does London match up better with Spirit or Hounds? Both would be tough but early feeling for me is the Hounds are a tougher matchup for London. Without Lawrence for games 1-4 makes it harder, obviously.
Given regular season performance, the Soo is the tougher match up.

That said, playoffs are a different animal

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Impressive playoff run to date (8-0).
Isaiah George quietly goes about his business... one of the best, if not the best, shutdown D-man in the league. In fact, the entire D is stingy. Scoring not a problem.
Next up, Saginaw or the Soo. Definitely doesn't get easier and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Hedon rating: 10/10.
George is a big unsung hero for the Knights. I love his game and you're right he goes about it quietly.

Nelli can you do my aging brain a favour and remind me of the meaning/background of the "Hedon rating"? I recall you explaining it on the NOOF (almost certain it was there and not the JrA boards) and I've gone and forgotten the origins. I've tried googling it in the past and got nowhere. Thanks 😊

Good luck in the 3rd round, with this series I'm convinced your boys are heavy favourites the rest of the way. Next series in 5, sweep in the finals. You heard it here first. 16-1 OHL Champions.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
That was a good hockey game. Rangers kept coming but in the end outclassed.

Ive attended every game 4 sweep at the Aud in the Hunter era.

And.... It.... Never.... Gets.... Old 😁

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Better with the spirit BIGTIME

Reactions: All the Answers

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Impressive playoff run to date (8-0).
Isaiah George quietly goes about his business... one of the best, if not the best, shutdown D-man in the league. In fact, the entire D is stingy. Scoring not a problem.
Next up, Saginaw or the Soo. Definitely doesn't get easier and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Hedon rating: 10/10.
Agree Nelli!!
Isaiah George is one cool customer.
Excellent skater with skill, toughness and endurance.
The Islanders have a Top 4 D-Man with Isaiah for a long time.

Reactions: purple pharrt

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Of course it's a joke when it's London player getting suspended but just stop and think if that was the other way around and say Cowan got the same exact hit you guys would be screaming for the other player to get booted from the league. Take it he hit the player directly in the head it's up to Lawrence to make sure he doesn't hit him in the head plain and simple.
Are you sniffing glue?

Motew Skates into him hardly worth 5 games.
Hard to stop a guy from skating into you 🤷‍♂️

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
KITCHENER –
Max McCue said it best. The ‘Jet’ is fueling up.

The Knights, still undefeated through two playoff rounds, will meet the winner of the Saginaw-Sault Ste. Marie battle in the Western Conference final starting next week. Julien was the first OHLer to post two hat tricks in the same series since Barrie’s Justin Scott did it eight years ago in the first round against Mississauga.
The high hockey-IQ centre with the long reach scored seven goals and nine points in London’s first sweep of the Rangers since their 2016 run to the Memorial Cup title.
“He put us on his back here in these past two games,” McCue said. “We saw that all year and it was nice to continue that in the playoffs. We have a lot of guys who can step up and fill roles. We also have a lot of guys who can do different things when we have a full lineup.”

Reactions: Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
George is a big unsung hero for the Knights. I love his game and you're right he goes about it quietly.

Nelli can you do my aging brain a favour and remind me of the meaning/background of the "Hedon rating"? I recall you explaining it on the NOOF (almost certain it was there and not the JrA boards) and I've gone and forgotten the origins. I've tried googling it in the past and got nowhere. Thanks 😊

Good luck in the 3rd round, with this series I'm convinced your boys are heavy favourites the rest of the way. Next series in 5, sweep in the finals. You heard it here first. 16-1 OHL Champions.
Thanks. Next round will be tough, but I like this Knights team. Basically, "Hedon rating" is just "entertainment value"/pleasure. A utilitarian philosopher, Jeremy Bentham, used the term "hedonic calculus" to explain how pleasure (and avoidance of pain) motivates ethical choice. I stole "Hedon" from him to mean "unit of pleasure".
Hope Saginaw/Soo go 7 games, triple OT.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
So, he looked up ! That is not against rules, he did not fake it, when you get a concussion you get confused.
In fairness he was simply answering a question I had asked. You’re correct not against the rules but when I saw it I immediately thought OK he is with it enough to “look for the call” so he in fact is not concussed. I saw Lindros after his last hit from Scott Steven’s and yes he had no idea where he was and you could tell he was out in left field so to speak. Motew just didn’t look that way so again I was surprised to hear he had a concussion. Not every player that takes a head shot gets a concussion. Cheers and onto Round 3 ….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad