London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRangersRookie

Jan 6, 2024
IMHO Rangers' culture has deteriorated since Pete DeBoer went to the NHL. He always had scrappy, hard hitting teams that gave 100%. If I'm not mistaken, last time they made it to the OHL Final was 2008? I'm really surprised they just extended their GM for another 5 years. More of the same going forward?
Not meant as a slight on the organization, just my personal observation.
I for one agree, and question if development of players is really lacking from the league going in this direction. The NHL isn't soft and neither is NCAA hockey with their big mean defenseman. I applaud London for not following suit with the rest of the league.

Reactions: Slowpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
It will always be everyone against London, you should all expect that lol. Whether it comes from jealousy or bad memories, every team in the league has a mutual enemy in London because of your successful history.

D was the weak spot on the Rangers heading into this series and you're crazy if you don't think a smart coach would have game-planned their forwards to go at the D to wear them down. I am certainly not one of the Rangers fans who are saying Hunter is some evil dark lord and the injuries were 100% intentional, but now the Rangers are down two defensemen and have a rookie 4th line forward playing top 4 minutes on the back end... You can see why the die-hards are upset. You would be saying the same things if it was 3-0 Kitchener and George and Dickinson were knocked out.

George n Dickinson are better than Savard n Motew so its not......just kidding :).
TY for the posts. Agreed on your thoughts.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
IMHO Rangers' culture has deteriorated since Pete DeBoer went to the NHL. He always had scrappy, hard hitting teams that gave 100%. If I'm not mistaken, last time they made it to the OHL Final was 2008? I'm really surprised they just extended their GM for another 5 years. More of the same going forward?
Not meant as a slight on the organization, just my personal observation.
Ahh, the good ol' days! Your observation is pretty bang on. I will give Jussi the benefit. First year, new staff, new team. I still believe he is a great hire and will turn out to be a "gold star" on MM's resume. No 3rd round since 2018. No 4th round since 2008. The turnaround in the covid season could have been something, but we'll never know. It's really been meh/disappointing hockey for more than a decade. This year was fun though, and I am excited to see these rookies improve next year, but yeah, that's about it. Blah.

Reactions: Slowpace

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
From a post on the Rangers Facebook page last night
FB_IMG_1713383480948.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: LDN

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I agreed with the 5min major on Lawerence but remember, neither ref had their arm up and only reviewed it after Motew stayed on the ice. I have no idea if the league will suspend or not, it'll depend on what the roulette wheel lands on at HQ.

However, if he is not suspended I am looking forward to the boos raining down from the Rags fans every time he touches the puck. I hope he gets a hat trick if he plays Game 4.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I agreed with the 5min major on Lawerence but remember, neither ref had their arm up and only reviewed it after Motew stayed on the ice. I have no idea if the league will suspend or not, it'll depend on what the roulette wheel lands on at HQ.

However, if he is not suspended I am looking forward to the boos raining down from the Rags fans every time he touches the puck. I hope he gets a hat trick if he plays Game 4.
I heard no suspension for Lawrence (thank god) but the message has been given to keep it clean watch numbers and head

Reactions: Harley49

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Anyone have any word on when the Knights will start signing the new draft picks?
They don’t sign until the off season. They are busy with other things right now…like the playoffs.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Missing Parekh & Oke. Hache kicked out in the 3rd for a slew foot that should get him another couple of Games.

I watched the third period and Saginaw wasn't interested in playing hockey
Would love Saginaw if we are lucky enough to make it to the 3rd round. Bunch of hot heads

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Missing Parekh & Oke. Hache kicked out in the 3rd for a slew foot that should get him another couple of Games.

I watched the third period and Saginaw wasn't interested in playing hockey
Some big pieces missing, that's for sure, as you say, they were very disinterested

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Think they’ll throw it away?

Congrats to Kyle Henneberry and Jake Begin on being selected last night.
There are alot of talent on that team, and are deep as well, they can overcome, but with talents comes individual plays, and this could hurt them. Much like Windsor last year, if team system is not follow, bad things happens fast. Soo played really well last night, once they get a lead and the momentum, they are very hard to catch.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
There are alot of talent on that team, and are deep as well, they can overcome, but with talents comes individual plays, and this could hurt them. Much like Windsor last year, if team system is not follow, bad things happens fast. Soo played really well last night, once they get a lead and the momentum, they are very hard to catch.
Soo is less talented, but plays such a cohesive game. I would take Sag as an opponent over them every day of the week!

Sam O is back tonight! Full lineup?

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Soo is less talented, but plays such a cohesive game. I would take Sag as an opponent over them every day of the week!

Sam O is back tonight! Full lineup?
Is Lawrence suspended, I haven't heard anything as of yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad