London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Going to really have to clean up the pk, and lower the amount of penalties we take for next round but the boys dug deep and got the job done. Next game will be the hardest to win but don't let them get any life

Reactions: LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Well it was blindside and to the head but not sure he was really looking for the shoulder and being tall hit him in the head. So the 5 is right and the rest of the game. That should be enough, at least to me. Hard to say with this league.
Yeah, could be anywhere from 0-6 games.

Reactions: LDN

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
There were some lessons to be learned there for the Knights.
Stick to playing with speed and skill like in the first and the Rags can't keep up...and will take penalties.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Bullshit call. Motes ran into Lawrence. He had his head down.
I saw it that way too, but one player is taller and one player was hurt above the waist, and the call was made. Lawrence did not raise his arm or go out of his way to make contact, it was incidental collision. The league will review it, hopefully they will see it the same way, if it could have been prevented, it's going to cost Lawrence 2-3 games.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Stick to playing with speed and skill like in the first and the Rags can't keep up...and will take penalties.
Yup! Teenage hockey, we've seen that before, stick to playing smart hockey, refs for sure are not going help

Reactions: zman77

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022

I was thinking this the entire 2nd period. London was in control. We all know this game was going to get chippy but why give the Rangers any advantage. London is better in every category.

Goaltending London
Scoring London
Defending London
warmer water in bathrooms London
Physicality London

You guys play 60 minutes of hard hockey and you'll be laughing all the way into late may.

Your team is an absolute wagon. As an outsider they're so fun to watch.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Where though? A poster from another team came out and threw gas on the fire.

No Rangers fan is losing their shit. We can all also see the hit differently, respectfully.

Most of us, if not 99% of Rangers fans picked the Knights to win this series pretty easily. And honestly it has gone as expected. Knights better in every category.

I'd kill to be up 3-0 in this series. However I am happy that we even made it into round 2.

Best of luck on Thursday. Knights are a wagon and honestly, I think they're going all the way.

Hopefully some of these NHL scouts at these games start giving Michael Simpson so love. What a stud.
Valid point. Should have said some of your fans not all. But there was one particular one saying it's the Hunter way to deliberately go out and injure your players. BS.
Your own coach calling it a vicious blindside hit. BS
A barely 6 foot guy skating across with his head down running into the arm of a 6 foot 7 guy is not a deliberate headshot. Keep your head up Simon. Will K-Law be suspended? Maybe, but to say he needs to be made an example of is ridiculous (not your words, but the words of some of your fans).
In any case, looking forward to Thursday. I think the Rags may have put a bit of a scare into the Knights, which is good. Can't sleep on any team at this level. 5 on 5 there is no comparison between the two teams, we just need to stay disciplined and stay out of the penalty box.
Enjoy the game Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBlueMonster

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Interesting Dale didn’t have Cowan out for the empty net opportunity.

Could it be he wanted an end to the talk/distraction?
I personally think Dale wouldn't even be thinking about it in the moment, just putting the guys on the ice who he thought gave them the best chance to win, in that moment, he felt Cowan wasn't it.

With that said, Dale wants to win and what he thinks is going to help win games, is what he will do.

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I personally think Dale wouldn't even be thinking about it in the moment, just putting the guys on the ice who he thought gave them the best chance to win, in that moment, he felt Cowan wasn't it.

With that said, Dale wants to win and what he thinks is going to help win games, is what he will do.
At the end of the day it’s about winning and if Easton doesn’t get a point, but the team wins that’s the end goal. Happy that he’s been so consistent though. What a fantastic season he’s had!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone have any word on when the Knights will start signing the new draft picks?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
One thing really noticeable about Julien and Lawrence, is how calm they are on the ice, it shows in their overall performance in hyped up energy games. I mean, just look at Lawrence when he was told of the 5 minute and game suspension, he calmely said a few words and left the ice, you need guys like this to win important games

KRangersRookie

Jan 6, 2024
Cowan point streak done eh?
I come in peace as a Leaf fan, Cowen is a great player but I see so many people compare him to Marner but I look at what Marner did for you guys and the players in the league during Marner's time and I personally question if my fellow Leafs fan are maybe getting a bit of smoke and mirrors as the leagues gotta be less talented today. I'd be very interested in your take of where you think Cowen may realistically fall into a NHL line up.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I come in peace as a Leaf fan, Cowen is a great player but I see so many people compare him to Marner but I look at what Marner did for you guys and the players in the league during Marner's time and I personally question if my fellow Leafs fan are maybe getting a bit of smoke and mirrors as the leagues gotta be less talented today. I'd be very interested in your take of where you think Cowen may realistically fall into a NHL line up.
In my opinion, I don't think Marner is a great comparison at all. Marner see's the game so well and has top 3 hockey sense in the NHL. I don't think Cowan is on that level and I don't think Cowan plays a similar style to what Marner plays, Marner is a pass first, second and even third guy before he shoots the puck, Cowan is more selfish with the puck I find.

I think a good comparison to Cowan from London is Matthew Tkachuk, he plays a skill game but is also a big pest. He is always trying to get under the other teams skin and isn't afraid to drop the mitts. I think he is a better skater than Tkachuk, but Tkachuk is a better hitter and has a bit more size. It remains to be seen if Coawan translates into a good pro, I really don't see him being on the same level as Tkachuk has gotten too, but I think he will turn into a really good middle 6 guy who puts up 50-70 points a season.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
One thing really noticeable about Julien and Lawrence, is how calm they are on the ice, it shows in their overall performance in hyped up energy games. I mean, just look at Lawrence when he was told of the 5 minute and game suspension, he calmely said a few words and left the ice, you need guys like this to win important games
Yeah they are calm and don’t get rattled. Very good quality come playoff time. You also need guys to be psychos like McCue and Sim

Dude is not Marner. He’s a very different type of player. My comp for him would be Konecny….. could see him playing the wing with Matthews in the future or somewhere in the top 6. I think he’s gonna be a good one

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
In my opinion, I don't think Marner is a great comparison at all. Marner see's the game so well and has top 3 hockey sense in the NHL. I don't think Cowan is on that level and I don't think Cowan plays a similar style to what Marner plays, Marner is a pass first, second and even third guy before he shoots the puck, Cowan is more selfish with the puck I find.

I think a good comparison to Cowan from London is Matthew Tkachuk, he plays a skill game but is also a big pest. He is always trying to get under the other teams skin and isn't afraid to drop the mitts. I think he is a better skater than Tkachuk, but Tkachuk is a better hitter and has a bit more size. It remains to be seen if Coawan translates into a good pro, I really don't see him being on the same level as Tkachuk has gotten too, but I think he will turn into a really good middle 6 guy who puts up 50-70 points a season.
I’d say Tkachuck has more high end skill and obviously more physicality, but yeah that’s a good comp

KRangersRookie

Jan 6, 2024

Good breakdown i didn't see him much as a Marner type and I must say he has profected the reverse hit saw it at least once last night. The way he does it could be borderline and when I saw it again last game my first thought was that's not going to fly against top NHL defenseman. Still a very good player and I hope you are correct on your view Toronto sure could use a player like that.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Good breakdown i didn't see him much as a Marner type and I must say he has profected the reverse hit saw it at least once last night. The way he does it could be borderline and when I saw it again last game my first thought was that's not going to fly against top NHL defenseman. Still a very good player and I hope you are correct on your view Toronto sure could use a player like that.
He’s gritty for sure! He’ll have to add 15-20 lbs this off-season to make the NHL next season

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Cowan will be more of a Nazem Kadri or Darcy Tucker in the NHL. He’s not as high end skilled as Marner but Cowan will need to improve his hands and shot to get to the next level and gain entry into the Leafs Top 6. Right now he would be a 4th liner with minimal ice time.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Cowan will be more of a Nazem Kadri or Darcy Tucker in the NHL. He’s not as high end skilled as Marner but Cowan will need to improve his hands and shot to get to the next level and gain entry into the Leafs Top 6. Right now he would be a 4th liner with minimal ice time.
Hmm... I dont see the crash and bang at the level of those two players. He has the motor though. Just a bit too "all over the place", but that will get straightened out quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad