London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino200022

I am quite suprised how little pushback the Rangers have had these two games. London is dictating the physicality and Kitchener seems to turn into Possums. This team was built for playoff hockey.
One thing to notice, since coming back from the injury, Gazizov doesn’t have point yet. It’s just 3 games, but I would love to have him scoring. When he scores, he adds so much depth to our team, and can help his case to get drafted or get a contract.

Kid is playing his 2nd game in 3 weeks on a badly sprained ankle...the fact that he is even playing on it says enough IMO.

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Non Knights news - Adam Dennis is exposing Papineau’s flawed Wolves team. What a job by former Knight/Storm goalie turning North Bay into a contender the last three years. Poised for another conference final appearance.
An awesome GM

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Let’s have some class. No need to refer to teens or anyone that way.

Watching the replay, I do agree, Kitchener is lacking some pizazz. London is the most physical team I’ve seen all year though so it may look worse matched up against one another.
What are you referring to? Did I miss some mud slinging thar has since been deleted?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Non Knights news - Adam Dennis is exposing Papineau’s flawed Wolves team. What a job by former Knight/Storm goalie turning North Bay into a contender the last three years. Poised for another conference final appearance.
Dennis is a smart hockey mind. Wish he could have found a home in london but it's great he's bring great hockey back to the great people of north bay they deserve it!!!!!

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I am quite suprised how little pushback the Rangers have had these two games. London is dictating the physicality and Kitchener seems to turn into Possums. This team was built for playoff hockey.

Kid is playing his 2nd game in 3 weeks on a badly sprained ankle...the fact that he is even playing on it says enough IMO.
Still think we’ll see some pushback from the Rangers after a couple days off and playing at home. They finished 2nd snd 4th in a tough division and conference, respectively. They’re not a bad team. I thought we would have seen more from them in game 2 but that’s the way it goes. Series far from over.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Still think we’ll see some pushback from the Rangers after a couple days off and playing at home. They finished 2nd snd 4th in a tough division and conference, respectively. They’re not a bad team. I thought we would have seen more from them in game 2 but that’s the way it goes. Series far from over.
No doubt they will bring it for game 3. That will be the toughest test

Reactions: Fastpace

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Umm. I don’t think so. Pretty good regular season team, but not built for playoffs. We were lucky to get past Erie.

Totally exposed this round, again.

We’ve been the London Knights’ doormats for the last couple decades - including this year.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Umm. I don’t think so. Pretty good regular season team, but not built for playoffs. We were lucky to get past Erie.

We’ve been the London Knights’ doormats for the last couple decades - including this year.
Hey - there’s a couple playoff series wins in there for the Rangers.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

The Rangers are definitely built for next season, this is not last year's team, but will be better next year then the team that beat out London two yrs ago and Windsor last year. Good core of draftees the last two years, and they are coming up to their prime next year with a good mix of older and newer players

Reactions: zman77

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
And another Knight Alumni is signed by the Maple Leafs. Nick Mattinin , initially drafted by the Knights, and got a Memorial Cup ring with the team, has rejoined former team mate Mitch Marner,, following stints in Flint, Oshawa, University hockey, and 2 years in Europe. It took 8 years, but he's now joined the list of former Knights who've inked NHL contracts.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
And another Knight Alumni is signed by the Maple Leafs. Nick Mattinin , initially drafted by the Knights, and got a Memorial Cup ring with the team, has rejoined former team mate Mitch Marner,, following stints in Flint, Oshawa, University hockey, and 2 years in Europe. It took 8 years, but he's now joined the list of former Knights who've inked NHL contracts.

This is what I love about all levels of hockey and path to the pros.

There is no direct route.

He was okay in Junior but when he graduated he continued to develop in USPORTS and Europe.

He'll be used as an example for years to come. He may not make the NHL but it just shows the value of taking advantage of opportunities. Now he's got a legit shot at making the NHL.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
This is what I love about all levels of hockey and path to the pros.

There is no direct route.

He was okay in Junior but when he graduated he continued to develop in USPORTS and Europe.

He'll be used as an example for years to come. He may not make the NHL but it just shows the value of taking advantage of opportunities. Now he's got a legit shot at making the NHL.
I recall him being a large part of our D

So would y’all expect Mews, Mitchell, Hawrey to be in and out of the lineup next year? Who would the 4th 2008 be?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TBH I think our wheels are falling off a bit. The Erie series took a lot out of us and the legs are just not there.

Here's hoping an extra day between games and being back home gives them a boost.

Reactions: tjziel and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Was there consideration to draft Hicks in the 1st round? Seeing how close his ties are to the Knights? Just a hypothetical….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad