London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I don't think Beck is a target for Hunter, not enough assets. Beck linked to the Soo (linked = speculation). See Soo thread, SN podcast comment posted)
Agreed, we might not even have enough assets for Ludwinski depending on what the Market is like for Beck. Ludwinski would fit the best with Cowan and Barkey.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a swing at a lesser known guy on the market like Coulson Pitre. Might cost us a 2nd and two 3rds.

Reactions: LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Agreed, we might not even have enough assets for Ludwinski depending on what the Market is like for Beck. Ludwinski would fit the best with Cowan and Barkey.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a swing at a lesser known guy on the market like Coulson Pitre. Might cost us a 2nd and two 3rds.
Pitre would be a great add (if we have the assets).

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Need someone in the face off circle, Coulson Pitre is an excellent player, what good would he be or how much more can he bring if we can't get him the puck?

Reactions: zman77

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Need someone in the face off circle, Coulson Pitre is an excellent player, what good would he be or how much more can he bring if we can't get him the puck?
What about Jax Dubois? Over 60% faceoff success over PPG, championship pedigree and cheaper then Beck...
This move would have other consequences being an 03 but EMACs injury seems to be dragging on.
Obviously we aren't in the know there but if he's not going to be a factor in the line up Dubois could be an inexpensive needs based add.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
We have 7 or 8 players on pace for 20+ goals, I think Pitre would have no problem fitting in, finding the back of the net. You have any other affordable/better players in mind?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
We have 7 or 8 players on pace for 20+ goals, I think Pitre would have no problem fitting in, finding the back of the net. You have any other affordable/better players in mind?
Owen is of the first choice, Jax Dubois would be another player for consideration. London has enough players to score goals in their lineup, that is not where their problem is, but keeping the puck away from their opposition is, and it all starts at the face-off circle. If they control the puck they will control the plays and the game, better their chances to win

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Pitre would be a great add (if we have the assets).
I am hearing 3 teams have inquired about Peer from Windsor.
Mississauga is 1,1 unknown and the other wait for it,, London.
Apparently to coincide OA dman for London McKinnon won't be returning enabling deal to happen.

Reactions: nelli27

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I am hearing 3 teams have inquired about Peer from Windsor.
Mississauga is 1,1 unknown and the other wait for it,, London.
Apparently to coincide OA dman for London McKinnon won't be returning enabling deal to happen.
Thats wild. Although inquiring and full court press are two different things. I get Windsor trying to get something for an OA. He would fit well in London.

Little concerned for ETHAN. Hope it turns out well for him.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What about Jax Dubois? Over 60% faceoff success over PPG, championship pedigree and cheaper then Beck...
This move would have other consequences being an 03 but EMACs injury seems to be dragging on.
Obviously we aren't in the know there but if he's not going to be a factor in the line up Dubois could be an inexpensive needs based add.
I want Dubois!!!

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Jax Dubois is exactly what a championship contender needs. Does everything right, wins a ton of face-offs, is a big body, is an elite penalty killer and reads plays pretty well. There should be a ton of interest in him.

Reactions: LDN and sbpointer

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Any more penalty killing and opponents will start to wave power plays against us.

Anybody we may get will be a solid two way player that puts up points in a steady fashion or so I hope.

Reactions: sbpointer

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I know what you mean , but there are other ways to get the puck ;)
Of course there are, how about making it a little easier for them to get it from the get go, besides they have not been as successful at getting it from the other ways

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
i think you will see a OA added and Mck, released and finish his carrier in his home town. prediction Knights add a OA and Nazar shows up after the Juniors are over LOL

• Haha
Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
I don't think Beck is a target for Hunter, not enough assets. Beck linked to the Soo (linked = speculation). See Soo thread, SN podcast comment posted)
He's great on the dot and we could really use that. Or...not sure what it would cost to get Jax Dubois...he's even better at faceoffs and has speed for days. Likely have to move a prospect and Mackinnon....maybe a pick.

Lol....I just read the rest of the posts and I see I'm not the only one wanting this.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Faceoffs mean very little in the grand scheme of a hockey game and we have 5 forwards with at least ~200 faceoffs taken with over a 50% winning percentage and Julien is at a 58.3% rate.

More than anything, this team needs consistent offensive threats. The recent successes have been derived from hot streaks from Julien, McCue, and Gazizov, and while I would love to believe that they can sustain this level of play McCue and Gazizov are very streaky/inconsistent offensive players.

Given the return on a extremely mediocre player in Konnor Smith (an '07), prices this deadline are going to be nuts. If Smith can fetch an 07, think what Edward and George can get the Knights.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I was kind of looking at teams that are specifically in need of a top six centerman and want to go for it, I know Saginaw Soo and Sudbury could all go for it this spring, even Kingston will be in the there comes spring time, however London and Kitchener are more of this need and will pay a little more for Owen in my opinion
Saginaw “could” go for it all? They’re expected to as the host of the Memorial cup. Lots of assets would be part of the presentation they made to acquire it. They WILL be going all in. Just depends on targets.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Faceoffs mean very little in the grand scheme of a hockey game and we have 5 forwards with at least ~200 faceoffs taken with over a 50% winning percentage and Julien is at a 58.3% rate.

More than anything, this team needs consistent offensive threats. The recent successes have been derived from hot streaks from Julien, McCue, and Gazizov, and while I would love to believe that they can sustain this level of play McCue and Gazizov are very streaky/inconsistent offensive players.

Given the return on an extremely mediocre player in Konnor Smith (an '07), prices this deadline are going to be nuts. If Smith can fetch an 07, think what Edward and George can get the Knights.
Agreed and well said. Acquiring 1 centreman won’t change our fortunes that much. Rather add a well rounded player - this talk around Peer sounds intriguing. Sad for Mack but it’s time to move on from his injury. OA spots are highly coveted.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad