London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights4ever

Jan 3, 2024
Hey Dale

When Sim and Lawrence come back make sure Sawyer Boulton doesn't see the ice. I heard he is a great locker room kid, but a liability on the ice.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Definitely thinking Halttunen and Cowan are playing their last games, really jumped up in development. If they didn’t get the exposure of playing in London on a long run both would be back.

Now looking like:

Barkey Julien (OA) O’Rielly
Nicholl Sim (OA) (Import)
Sim VanGorp Boulton
Arrowsmith Hawery Bidgood

Dickinson Bonk
Brzustewicz Woolley
Jenken Ustinkov
Mitchell Fagan

Willmore (OA)
Medvedev

Out:
Leonard (Should get a 2nd)
Boulton
Van Bommel
Johnston

Reactions: frontsfan67

Random2152

Sep 26, 2023
Definitely thinking Halttunen and Cowan are playing their last games, really jumped up in development. If they didn’t get the exposure of playing in London on a long run both would be back.

Now looking like:

Sim VanGorp Boulton

Dickinson Bonk
Brzustewicz Woolley
Jenken Ustinkov
Mitchell Fagan

Willmore (OA)
Medvedev

Out:
Boulton
Van Bommel
Johnston
Feel like Winnipeg will want to try Julien out in the AHL given his year.

It really is too bad about Moore. His spot on this team is very apparent

Reactions: LDN

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Pulling Sandhu’s helmet off in overtime was a perfect example of this playoff savvy. Refs aren’t likely to call it with the whistles put away and when Sandhu had to leave the ice, lit gave London the 5-on-4 advantage they needed to close out the game.
No one "pulled" the helmet off. No playoff savvy there. He and Halttunen were fighting for position of the puck along the board when Halttunen with his back turned lifted his left arm up while pushing the player back and when he did this Sandu lowered his head at the same exact time and his helmet came off. There's no way Halttunen meant to do that what so ever and it crazy the helmet came off so easily. It was an unfortunate thing to happen but 100% a good non call.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Thanks for the link.
Hopefully it going public will be a catalyst for positive change.
2 things called out......Branch agreed to an interview and then wouldn't respond and he was surprised the word used was made public lol. Well when you are not transparent at all these things will happen and LK/agent wanted to help clarify so Sim wasn't painted in an unfair context.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015

Now looking like:

Sim VanGorp Boulton

Dickinson Bonk
Brzustewicz Woolley
Jenken Ustinkov
Mitchell Fagan

Willmore (OA)
Medvedev

Out:
Boulton
Van Bommel
Johnston
Sub out Julien and put Leonard in the OA spot. Also, I know Cowan has had a fantastic year but there's a bit of a log jam in Toronto and given his age so there's a good chance he will be back. But I think we've seen the last of Halttunen given thar San Jose could use the help. I'm hoping we're able to keep him and Sign Ustinkov over the summer securing our Imports as Gaz will likey be playing pro in the AHL first once someone either drafts him or signs him. Also, you have Sim on the 2nd and 3rd line....I know the kid works hard but let's not stretch him too thin.

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
You really think Cowan is going to be back next year?
He would have to make the NHL roster as he is not AHL eligible having been drafted from the CHL. The Leafs do not normally “like” the youngsters (other than Matthew’s or Marner) and Cowan is not on that level imo? So can he make the main roster? I think he goes to the WJC and then gets sent back to London if not earlier?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
But I think we've seen the last of Halttunen given thar San Jose could use the help. I'm hoping we're able to keep him
Haltunen being drafted from Finland is also AHL eligible so I agree even if he doesn’t crack the NHL roster he can play in the AHL where he probably should be. Next year could be a bumper year for a team like London who could really benifit from the NHL or back to Junior rule the CHL has. I personally think it’s wrong as kids like Bonk, Cowan, Dickenson imo belong in the AHL for there development. But it is what it is and could prove a major score for London. Fingers crossed but loving this current Knights team while we have them!!

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I saw a post today about sennecke potentially going #5 to the Habs in the draft.

He’s a very good player. Has really turned it on in the playoffs with roobroeck and Ritchie

Even with him though I don’t see them winning the series. My original prediction was London in 6 but this could be a 4 gamer lol!

I’ll be in Oshawa for game 4 so I wouldn’t complain about that- seeing the cup raised would be pretty cool

Sennecke has been skyrocketing up the draft board with his playoff performance - - much like Easton Cowan did last year - - and it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him go at #5.

Elite NHL-level skating, elite NHL-level stick handling and he plays with a bit of an edge physically.

However, I’ve also heard mumblings that Sennecke “just got on a hot streak” during the playoffs. I’m really, REALLY, hoping enough teams are foolish enough to believe that and Sennecke can somehow fall to Toronto at #23.

Do you have your ticket yet for Game 4? If not, I’ve got an extra one and can give you a good discount on it.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Sennecke has been skyrocketing up the draft board with his playoff performance - - much like Easton Cowan did last year - - and it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him go at #5.

Elite NHL-level skating, elite NHL-level stick handling and he plays with a bit of an edge physically.

However, I’ve also heard mumblings that Sennecke “just got on a hot streak” during the playoffs. I’m really, REALLY, hoping enough teams are foolish enough to believe that and Sennecke can somehow fall to Toronto at #23.

Do you have your ticket yet for Game 4? If not, I’ve got an extra one and can give you a good discount on it.
Other than the fronts players sennecke is my fav player in the O’ oddly enough lol. Wish he would come to kingston but doesn’t look like that’ll ever happen unless the gens fall off the face of the earth in 2025/2026

I bought them as soon as the series started thank you! Sold out pretty quick

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Oster goalie of the year, 3 game GAA 7.00.
His GAA is actually 8.13
IMG_0374.jpeg

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cowan was the MVP of the regular season and has 30 post season points. If he is back I would be schocked. He almost made the leafs out of camp this year.

Not to worry though. Barkey will drive our offence !

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Other than the fronts players sennecke is my fav player in the O’ oddly enough lol. Wish he would come to kingston but doesn’t look like that’ll ever happen unless the gens fall off the face of the earth in 2025/2026

I bought them as soon as the series started thank you! Sold out pretty quick

Sennecke is my second favourite OHL player of all time. I was very happy to pick up one of his game used jerseys this year.

FYI - - there’s a tailgate happening outside of Gate 1 between 5pm and game time on Wednesday.

IMG_1880.jpeg

Reactions: LDN and frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If Cowan returns he will be a man amount boys, in the NHL he maybe a boy amount men. Hard to say what will be right for his development? For purely selfish reasons I hope for his eventual return.
I think he may make the leafs similar to Matt poitras making the bruins, good depth player (right now in their careers, future stars in the making) on a cheap contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad