London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
If the rules allow for it, then anything goes. Also saw Generals Updates whining about the Knights playing the top powerplay line when the game was out of hand and said Dale900 would "be the first to cry" if the roles were reversed. That Couldn't be further from the truth. I remember a game I was at years ago at St Mike's, Knights went up by 4 or 5 in the first, Toronto came back to tie it and Dale kept rolling his #1 powerplay line and I think the final was 14-8. Toronto coach was livid, but Dale900 said, they came back once, what's to stop them from doing it again. Schremp had 8 points that game. Dale900 would expect nothing less than other teams using their #1 line in a blowout.

The other side of it, Knights would be accused of sending out the goons if they ran the Boulton line out every other shift.
Yeah I’m with you. If you don’t like getting scored on in that manner, stop them. There is no such thing as running up the score. Put up a fight or watch the number to up.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It's interesting when you listen to London players doing interviews as there's one expression you constantly here: "we stick to the system" (or, "we trust the system").
I suppose all teams have their own system, but you can tell that the Knights preach it, and it's taken as the gospel.
That's the key to success, accepting; "Team System" and "Player Role"

Reactions: dirty12

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I certainly don’t like it in an 8-0 game but considering he just got smoked behind the net then they gave him the time and the space to pull it off……also it was his 3rd of the playoffs. Not like it was Haltunnen throwing his 4th of the night in there.
Ok. Single instance. Exciting to see. I was referring the move in genrral.
Let’s not get into the semantics of fairness because the ridiculously oversized goalie equipment is also “unfair” to shooters.
19 goals scored in 2 games. Doesnt quite support your arguement.

Last edited:

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
If the rules allow for it, then anything goes.
I agree here to a point, its a legal move and if the stick doesnt go above th ecrossbar, legit goal.

I just wonder if it could be called high sticking if the goalies head is hit by the stick?

Sadll the only way for a goalie to stop it while in the butterfly is to somehow get his head in the way of a stick and puck being whipped around from behind the net. Not the safest of plays.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree here to a point, its a legal move and if the stick doesnt go abive thr crossbar, legit goal.

I just wonder if it could be called high sticking if the goalies head is hit by the stick?

Sadlt the only way for a goalie to stop it while in the butterfly is to somehow get his head in the way of a stick and puck being whipped around from behind the net. Not the safest of plays.

Just my opinion.

Pretty sure I saw a ’high stick’ to the the goalie called on a lacrosse style wrap around in the OHL this season

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Question for fans, generally : Last evening there was a gent in section 107 wearing a Generals jersey that had the name "Boulton" across the back. Anyone know if he might be related to our players # 36 & 11 ??

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Question for fans, generally : Last evening there was a gent in section 107 wearing a Generals jersey that had the name "Boulton" across the back. Anyone know if he might be related to our players # 36 & 11 ??
Their dad Eric played for the Generals.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I feel bad for the Generals at this point. They have been completely outmatched on National TV for 2 straight games.

Many odd man rushes and there has been a couple times where a Knight is in the slot and the closest General is 10ft away. That’s a testament to the Knights system of constantly rotating in the O zone and the Generals lose coverage.

During the two 5min major reviews I was hoping they would call 2min as the way the Knights PP is, they would’ve put up 3 or 4 on each major.

I’d like Oshawa to win 1 at home so the Knights can win on home ice but I don’t think that will happen. Might have to go to Oshawa for Game 4

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
He went to high school with Boulton Sr.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
FAKE news
More like totally wrong prediction lol. Was at the game last night and was surprised by the total lack of push from the Gens. It was the Knights that pushed. Series is not over until you win 4.

The great thing about winning is that you can say whatever you want and your opponent just has to STFU and take their medicine.

I don’t fault the London fans at all for wanting to run up the score, because I’m just as ignorant and unsportsmanlike when Oshawa is winning.

Pulling off a Michigan goal to make it 8-0 late in the 2nd period was really rubbing their face in it, but once again that’s what you can do when you’re blowing out an undermanned opponent.

I suppose Oshawa should be thankful that Hunter didn’t pull the goalie late in the 3rd to try and get to double digits?

All I can say is karma has a way of evening these things out.
Karma? I think the Knights heard the "We want London" chant all the way down the 401.;)

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I don't think McC thought in the heat of the moment I'm going to score a Michigan to try n embarrass Shwa.
"I got knocked down, I'll wait here for puck to come back and pull a Michigan?" If he did the hamster upstairs was processing things quickly lol.
I'm guessing and JMO it was more reactionary than pre meditated.

I have no want for a game 5. Save myself 50 bucks plus parking or a couple beers.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Lack of depth isn't an excuse
Not an excuse. But it’s a reality. As the teams are now or both sides completely healthy, there really isn’t a contest in this year’s final. The east is just way behind the west this year.

Often, we see mismatches like this in the final. Maybe not to this magnitude, but quite often the de facto championship series is in either the Western or Eastern conference final. This year it was in the west.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s high time we did a crossover reseeding at the final four, especially in a year the OHL hosts the Memorial cup. Had there been a reseeding this year, the conference finals would have been London vs North Bay and Saginaw vs Oshawa.

And I don’t want to hear about the possibility of extra travel and related costs in a third round crossover. By the third round, any team is deep in the black and can afford an extra few nights in a hotel.

No disrespect to Oshawa, but they are young. They are a year ahead of being a top contender and likely would have had a tough time beating any of the top four teams in the west this year.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Not an excuse. But it’s a reality. As the teams are now or both sides completely healthy, there really isn’t a contest in this year’s final. The east is just way behind the west this year.

Often, we see mismatches like this in the final. Maybe not to this magnitude, but quite often the de facto championship series is in either the Western or Eastern conference final. This year it was in the west.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s high time we did a crossover reseeding at the final four, especially in a year the OHL hosts the Memorial cup. Had there been a reseeding this year, the conference finals would have been London vs North Bay and Saginaw vs Oshawa.

And I don’t want to hear about the possibility of extra travel and related costs in a third round crossover. By the third round, any team is deep in the black and can afford an extra few nights in a hotel.

No disrespect to Oshawa, but they are young. They are a year ahead of being a top contender and likely would have had a tough time beating any of the top four teams in the west this year.
Nice points

Just was wondering where the tender hearts were last year and in 2014 when our lack of depth killed our chances

Reactions: TheCoach

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Surprised nobody has mentioned the poor coaching by Oshawa, sure you get spanked in game 1, regroup your team and put together a solid game plan. Instead, they got spanked worse in game 2. Laxdal had zero answer for what the Knights are throwing at him.
I fully agree with this, Flint used something called a neutral zone trap…. They almost won a game!

Laxdal unfortunately throw the same shit at the same wall and got the same result. To be fair the Knights wouldn’t be stopped with a trap either but it’s something!

Reactions: LDN

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Eric Boulton played for the Gens 93-95

Reactions: the dog

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It's so easy to find excuses when losing, as Knights did Oshawa earned their ticket too, to reach the league finals. And that's without their missing players, as for the ones looking for excuses, look on their bench, not out in the press box, you'll find your answers there

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Reading the Gennies thread and the fact they are missing 3 key players

Um...so are we

What was the explanation when London lost to Peterborough in last year’s finals - - did injuries impact the outcome or was Peterborough just the superior team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad