London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It's just one game, but what a game it was. Exclamation mark!
Knights were dominant, but still lots of work to be done...1 down, 3 to go. Oster wasn't on his game tonight, but he'll rebound, and he can steal games.
It obviously makes a difference not having your best forward, and best d-man in the lineup. But when you make it to the OHL finals, you should have enough depth in your lineup to make the game at least more competitive than what we witnessed tonight.
And, as was mentioned, the absence of Lawrence and Sim has a ripple effect throughout the lineup leaving us a little thin up front.
Our defence didn't give Oshawa much of anything all night, and moved the puck effectively out of the zone. Cowan with a big night; Gazizov with a pair; O'Reilly and Julien were solid on the dot. Shots were almost 2 to 1. Hunter had them prepared.

Hedon rating: 10/10

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Knights showed up on time for game 1, that’s for sure.
What a performance. They even won in the face off circle. Something that didn’t seem possible.

Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Not seeing the NB series minus 1 game I wonder if Shwa may be out of gas.......
5,5,8,1,8 GA last 5 games.
Taking nothing for granted here but it's gotta be a focus for the Gens. Gotta tighten up but also find a way to create more. Tough ask against a well coached team.
But LK will run the equivalent of 4 D plus Wooley stealing odd shifts in a close game so they gotta figure a way to try n lean on em and prevent the easy outs London enjoyed all night. If Londons Fs stay focused on the D side positionally and effort forcing soft dumps and limited speed thru the blues......Gens in tough.

No predictions but likecwerexLK sits just as much as up 3-1 vs. Saginaw.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I believe he said that yes.
With some of the offensive D that have run thru London since that's no small feat.
Said at the time of the trade it was well worth it........fan since MM.
A treat to watch.
Next year or 2......just going to sit back n enjoy.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Can’t say I’m surprised by London winning, but I didn’t expect it to be that lopsided.

As I’ve explained numerous times, London is by far the class of the OHL this year. Even with a fully healthy line up, this was going to be a monumental challenge for Oshawa.

But without their best forward (Sennecke), best defenseman (Punnett) and Matt Buckley, Oshawa is bringing a slingshot to a gun fight.

In my earlier post which game a preview of the Generals, I mentioned how Jake Oster runs hot and cold. Tonight was a perfect example of what happens when he’s off. Yes, the defence wasn’t great tonight, but that five hole goal from Bonk to open the 2nd period was an absolute back breaker.

It was cute to hear the home fans chanting “we want London” - - for those unaware of the story behind it, as Game 7 against North Bay was winding down, a bunch of jackass Oshawa fans started chanting “we want London”. At the time, I said be careful what you wish for. And sure enough, we see the results tonight. You’d think they would have learned from how asinine the Leaf fans looked after chanting “we want Florida” last year.

But it was next level trolling when the PA started playing Oshawa’s goal song and then put the camera on Oster sitting on the bench.

It was a bit of a drive down, and I’m looking at about 2hrs to get home now, but I’m not terribly upset by the loss because Oshawa is playing with house money in this series. I just wanted them to sweep the East with a playoff title after winning the season title, so mission accomplished this year. I look at this series as an opportunity for the young players to get some experience to make a run next year.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If any posters find my posts too hard to read or offensive, the invitation to press the ignore button is still a viable option, it is very much available to everyone. Don't want to cause any above the waist mental injuries to anyone on my writting behalf. Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Can’t say I’m surprised by London winning, but I didn’t expect it to be that lopsided.

As I’ve explained numerous times, London is by far the class of the OHL this year. Even with a fully healthy line up, this was going to be a monumental challenge for Oshawa.

But without their best forward (Sennecke), best defenseman (Punnett) and Matt Buckley, Oshawa is bringing a slingshot to a gun fight.

In my earlier post which game a preview of the Generals, I mentioned how Jake Oster runs hot and cold. Tonight was a perfect example of what happens when he’s off. Yes, the defence wasn’t great tonight, but that five hole goal from Bonk to open the 2nd period was an absolute back breaker.

It was cute to hear the home fans chanting “we want London” - - for those unaware of the story behind it, as Game 7 against North Bay was winding down, a bunch of jackass Oshawa fans started chanting “we want London”. At the time, I said be careful what you wish for. And sure enough, we see the results tonight. You’d think they would have learned from how asinine the Leaf fans looked after chanting “we want Florida” last year.

But it was next level trolling when the PA started playing Oshawa’s goal song and then put the camera on Oster sitting on the bench.

It was a bit of a drive down, and I’m looking at about 2hrs to get home now, but I’m not terribly upset by the loss because Oshawa is playing with house money in this series. I just wanted them to sweep the East with a playoff title after winning the season title, so mission accomplished this year. I look at this series as an opportunity for the young players to get some experience to make a run next year.
I think Oshawa misses their players that are out more than London misses their players that are out.

Generals looked tired. Their D was beat on numerous dump-ins by London forwards.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I think Oshawa misses their players that are out more than London misses their players that are out.

Generals looked tired. Their D was beat on numerous dump-ins by London forwards.
Once they reach the finals, teams should have a successful all greassed up system by now, and as someone mentioned earlier, they should also have team depth to cover for any injured players or suspension

You are absolutely right to say Oshawa look tired, or facing with extra pressure since they are the youger and less experience team

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
WOW, that's showin em boys that you're going to need to be your best or we're going to make you feel like you would have been better off letting North Bay have Game 7. 13W Down 3W to go. Go KNIGHTS Go.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Once they reach the finals, teams should have a successful all greassed up system by now, and as someone mentioned earlier, they should also have team depth to cover for any injured players or suspension

You are absolutely right to say Oshawa look tired, or facing with extra pressure since they are the youger and less experience team

Clearly Oshawa is missing their injured players far more than London is.

Casual fans and those new to the game likely don’t grasp the fact that London has far more depth of talent and explosive offensive players than any team in the league.

So obviously they can withstand injuries better than any team in the league. Especially when none of the injuries involve any of their top players.

I’m sure Kal Lawrence and Lando Sim always try their hardest, but nobody with the slightest clue would ever declare them to be key offensive lynchpins.

I have no idea what’s prompting this ridiculous narrative that London is just as decimated by injuries as Oshawa is. It’s almost as embarrassing as the laughable proclamation insisting that the league office is plotting to prevent London from advancing to the Memorial Cup.

Don’t be afraid to embrace the fact that your team is the overwhelming favourite to win the series. And for the love of God, spare everyone the imaginary conspiracy theories - - this is an OHL forum, not a Scooby Doo message board.

Reactions: All the Answers

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
For a skilled, fast skating team like the Knights that relies primarily on 3 lines, it's great to have the added stoppages of tv timeouts. Thanks TSN! Ordinarily, I'm not a fan of TSN games, but it allows both teams some added rest.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012

It was cute to hear the home fans chanting “we want London
” - - for those unaware of the story behind it, as Game 7 against North Bay was winding down, a bunch of jackass Oshawa fans started chanting “we want London”. At the time, I said be careful what you wish for. And sure enough, we see the results tonight. You’d think they would have learned from how asinine the Leaf fans looked after chanting “we want Florida” last year.

I honestly don't think Oster was having that off of a night at least not at first, He made some phenomenal saves through the first period and a half. He let in a few that I am sure he wants back. but that very easily could have been much worse much earlier.

The chant was perfect, however it was "You, got London". I agree with you about the careful what you wish for, I've, never been a fan of calling out the opponents or being overly cocky/confident. It can come back to bite you in the backside.

As for the troll job by the PA crew. It worked out out well, however I am not sure they 100% knew they were doing it. That song is played every game around that stoppage. I don't even know if they realized that's the Gens goal song.

The Generals had no answer for anything London did last night but it was only the first game. They couldn't catch a break as every bouncing puck seemed to land on a London stick. Every team has games like that, London has had a few this year and Oshawa just had one in game six. They responded well to that game and I expect no different Saturday.

The team we saw last night wouldn't have made it out of the first round. London needs to be ready for the team that tore through the 2nd half of the season and the Eastern conference.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

This is what happened to London last year. No depth especially in net and they were a year younger. A year later and here we are. Oshawa will be in this position next year.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The key is keeping Oster off his game.

This is what happened to London last year. No depth especially in net and they were a year younger. A year later and here we are. Oshawa will be in this position next year.
Hopefully both of us will be 😁

Reactions: Knights2729

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The east is going to be a blood bath next year. Oshawa will be great. Steelheads have a ton a talent as does Brantford.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Will Boulton get suspended again for the double cross check to the head? Called a minor , but I think he might have gotten lucky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad