London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London always seems to struggle vs the East for some reason. This year they won 9 in reg lost 5 (reg and OT) and took 6 in OT. 6 of the 9 regulation wins came against bottom 4 teams in Barrie, Kingston and Niagara. Hopefully they fare better in this year’s Championship
Could it be easier for the coaching stafs to prepares against teams they see regularly and knows them, opposed to the once a year visit against teams from the east ? Even teams from the east enjoy the extra efforts just to beat the London team

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
We’ll let me just say they are a large forward group. Our D will need to ensure we handle them physically. We will miss Leonard. Woolley will need to step up and utilize his size. We will miss the physicality of Sim and Lawrence at the start here.

Reactions: Fastpace

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Mild concussion for Sennecke. Should be back for game 1. Doctors just don't take chances anymore so they obviously rested him
If this was the reason for him not to play in a game 7, a doctor is not going to clear him to play until fully recovered. You can't take a risk for a life time injury at this young age, one hit could be disastrous. Championship or not life goes on beyond hockey

Reactions: sbpointer

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If this was the reason for him not to play in a game 7, a doctor is not going to clear him to play until fully recovered. You can't take a risk for a life time injury at this young age, one hit could be disastrous. Championship or not life goes on beyond hockey
Agreed, Monday to Thursday is not a ton of time for a brain to heal. Follow Doctors advice and I hope he is in the series makes for better hockey.

The Saginaw/London series would not be as good without Parekh rolling around on the ice like a “SOFT”

Hope Oshawa brings their best. Go Knights Go!!!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Looks like Oshawa has a bit of size and a bit of a physical edge to there game. Damn it we will miss Leonard & Sim against an opponent that pushes the physical game. McCue needs to be at his best and play smart. Going to be a tough series but I trust our guys to come out with there best performance. And again this is why we got Simpson so hopefully he can put the ole exclamation point on a great OHL career!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Looks like we will be facing oshawa. Don't think we match up well against them imo but we shall see
One of these days you are going to pick the Knights to win, I know it!! LOL, you always seem to be extra cautious. I do agree though Oshawa is no slouch but I think this Knights team seem to be a team regardless of the competition that just get it done? As you state “we shall see” ….

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Looks like Oshawa has a bit of size and a bit of a physical edge to there game. Damn it we will miss Leonard & Sim against an opponent that pushes the physical game. McCue needs to be at his best and play smart. Going to be a tough series but I trust our guys to come out with there best performance. And again this is why we got Simpson so hopefully he can put the ole exclamation point on a great OHL career!
and Lawrence they have two players bigger then him yet on the Genaral's lineup

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I've heard this too many times over the years to know it means squat. 2006 still stings
2004 stings more for me. I know you’re referring to OHL championship series.

London Knights OHL Championship Series history:

1976/77- Lost to Ottawa 8 points to 4
1998/99 - Lost to Belleville 4 games to 3
2004/05 - Beat Ottawa 4-1
2005/06 - Lost to Peterborough 4-0
2011/12 - Beat Niagara 4-1
2012/13 - Beat Barrie 4-3
2015/16 - Beat Niagara 4-0
2022/23 - Lost to Peterborough 4-2
2023/24 - TBD vs Oshawa

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
The two best teams in the league meeting for the championship, as it should be. As an Oshawa fan I’m hoping for the best but unlike most, I’m objective enough to recognize that London is by far the most talented team in the OHL and the clear favourite in this series.

Oshawa steamrolled their way through the East, overwhelming their opponents with a physical advantage as well as a talent advantage. Oster has struggled at times, but he’s also been unbeatable at other times. For the Generals to have a chance, he’ll need to be at the top of his game.

Oshawa cannot fall into the mistake of trying to just roll three lines and four-and-half defencemen. They tried to get away with this in Game 5 against North Bay, and it failed miserably as they were visibly exhausted.

Injuries forced the Oshawa brain trust to play the underutilized #40 Delisle and #28 Graham in Game 7 and both were tremendous. CANNOT be afraid to give the fourth line some shifts against London.

I’ve got my ticket for Game 1 where I’ll be front and centre directly behind the London net. As always, friends and foes are both welcome to stop by for a conversation before, during or after the game. I’m pretty easy to spot - - the big guy with a shaved head and I’ll be wearing a red Oshawa jersey for the opener.

Reactions: Leviathan899

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
2004 stings more for me. I know you’re referring to OHL championship series.

London Knights OHL Championship Series history:

1976/77- Lost to Ottawa 8 points to 4
1998/99 - Lost to Belleville 4 games to 3
2004/05 - Beat Ottawa 4-1
2005/06 - Lost to Peterborough 4-0
2011/12 - Beat Niagara 4-1
2012/13 - Beat Barrie 4-3
2015/16 - Beat Niagara 4-0
2022/23 - Lost to Peterborough 4-2
2023/24 - TBD vs Oshawa
Hard to remember a time when Niagara wasn’t a laughing stock of the OHL.

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
There's an intangible item that the Knights have, that Oshawa doesn't. That's previous Championship experience. It wasn't pleasant, but losing in last season's final to Peterborough left a bitter taste in every player on the Knights who dressed for that series. This season, they're a year older, hopefully more mature, but with a chance at redemption for last season.
Granted, that experience can't be quantified, but I happen to believe that it's
invaluable, and will show up before this series is over. If anything, the Generals are in virtually the same position that London found themselves in last year.
There's an old adage about a man with money meeting a man with experience. Invariably, the man with experience gets the money, while the man with the money ends up getting the experience.

That may very well apply in this upcoming situation.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London will need to keep their feet moving and their heads up, do this and they will have a chance, if they stop skating or if they look at their laces they will be runned over by Biggy Macks twins. If they flex mucles with Oshawa, they will be deviating from their game plan., stick to the team system they will take this thing in 6 or 7 games, if not they will be packing their gears for summer IMHO

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
There's an intangible item that the Knights have, that Oshawa doesn't. That's previous Championship experience. It wasn't pleasant, but losing in last season's final to Peterborough left a bitter taste in every player on the Knights who dressed for that series. This season, they're a year older, hopefully more mature, but with a chance at redemption for last season.
invaluable, and will show up before this series is over. If anything, the Generals are in virtually the same position that London found themselves in last year.
There's an old adage about a man with money meeting a man with experience. Invariably, the man with experience gets the money, while the man with the money ends up getting the experience.

You see this a lot in sports, a team will go to the championship and lose before returning and winning.

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
It's a conundrum inside an enigma wrapped up inside a Kinder Surprise. I canmot really account for it other than to scream at the outright bias.

Did anyone else see the double hander Gou laid on Sim just before the charging penalty contact. Two handed chop to the torso. Officials just ignored it.

Oh well, it is over and done. But this vrrsion of the Spirit sure leaves a bad after taste.
Did anyone else see the crosscheck to Hay's face that broke his nose that Easton Cowen did in game 2? No suspension or penalty. Hay's nose was spewing blood and no call, officials just ignored it. It goes both ways my friend.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.

London definitely has the edge in playoff and championship finals experience, which could be a big factor. The gens picking up Lockhart has been absolutely vital in this regard, so it’s hard to discount the argument.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Did anyone else see the crosscheck to Hay's face that broke his nose that Easton Cowen did in game 2? No suspension or penalty. Hay's nose was spewing blood and no call, officials just ignored it. It goes both ways my friend.
How do you Know? Teams don't disclose injuries, its either above or below the waist.

Of course it should go both ways, but was it, really? Reid was head refs for both conference finals, go check his record, and then go check the others, and come back and tell us how it went both ways Cheers!

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
didnt see it but if you have access to video I will be all aghast as you are. my opinion of this years Spirit remains the same.

Here is some clarity for you. He also went after Parekh during warm ups. London Knights Kaleb Lawrence, Landon Sim given five-game suspensions
... and to clarify I did post that and recognise it as something against the rules. my opinion of this years Spirit remains the same. thanks for dropping by just to cause a ruckus.

Reactions: rve24

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

That’s hockey, my friend. If you’re looking for a call anytime there’s contact, basketball is probably the sport for you.

Hopefully the bloody nose is a lesson for Hay to protect himself and get his own hands up next time.

If Hay has any aspirations of playing in the NHL, it’s going to be way more physical there than it it in the OHL.

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad