London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
What does Darien Hatcher sound like......didnt know you could hear online posts to compare ;)
I won't say who you sound like lol cause it does no good. I'll stick to the topic. But if ya feel the need to and think it helps your point have at it lol. No need to get personal.
Even chatting with some Knights staff at the time.( at tournies, with the team I was helping ( who had knights prospects on it) , at the arena.....they mentioned it also)

People can have a differing opinion. But I really don't see the need for the Hatcher reference.
There is a reason your most nhl ready player on that team hasn't done much of anything in the pros and others on that team have. Even at a year or 2 younger others woulda and have done more than Max if called up at the same time. ( JMO)
Actually a couple staff had a nickname for him and his penchant fir selective physical play ;)
Max's pro career has only seen him play 51 games in the AHL and all the rest in the NHL. That's not bad if you ask me.

Reactions: zman77 and rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Max's pro career has only seen him play 51 games in the AHL and all the rest in the NHL. That's not bad if you ask me.
Not bad at. Impressive.
But really hasn't done much. Bouchard coulda made more a mark in the show at a younger age called up same year as Max just by being a PP only trigger from the D.
Go back to my original response.......it was him hitting everything and any1 in sight. Just not what happened in my opinion and also that of many others. He was selective in his physical play.
When challenged by the big boys or vets, the chest didn't stick out quit as much.
No biggie, enjoyed watching him as a Jr player, thought he contributed.
All good here. Don't always gotta agree. Enjoy the series.

Still don't get the Hatcher dig

Gotta score to have a chance to win.....

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I think it has become abundantly clear that the director of officiating has a son who plays for Saginaw...just saying
So did the director tell the officials to be bias?
Or do multiple officials be bias to try n curry some favour with the director?
I'm not sure which by your post but I am curious.

dino200022

The officials have been quite bias so far this game, and extremely bias vs the Soon last series.

Dionicio just threw his stick at the official..abuse of official automatic 2 games. London gets them just for talking. Let's see haha

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
The officials have been quite bias so far this game, and extremely bias vs the Soon last series.

Dionicio just threw his stick at the official..abuse of official automatic 2 games. London gets them just for talking. Let's see haha

Stubbs said personal reasons
TY. Hopefully the family is ok but obviously something is up.

Reactions: LDN

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Not bad at. Impressive.
But really hasn't done much. Bouchard coulda made more a mark in the show at a younger age called up same year as Max just by being a PP only trigger from the D.
Go back to my original response.......it was him hitting everything and any1 in sight. Just not what happened in my opinion and also that of many others. He was selective in his physical play.
When challenged by the big boys or vets, the chest didn't stick out quit as much.
No biggie, enjoyed watching him as a Jr player, thought he contributed.
All good here. Don't always gotta agree. Enjoy the series.

Still don't get the Hatcher dig

Gotta score to have a chance to win.....
But the fact is...you still don't get it. I said at the time when he played I felt he was the most NHL ready on the team. Your confusing that with everything else. This is where I walk away because it's just not worth all the tapping on the screen.

The Hatcher dig was that he used to complain about Jones and has been doing it since he was a kid prior to playing for the Knight. Max Jones and Hatcher had a long history and Hatcher had an unhealthy obsession of Max Jones. And it was a joke since you said he went after all the litte players which is a ridiculous comment. But hey...you do you.

Last edited:
Reactions: dino200022

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Fantastic defensive game by the Knights. Glad to see Gazizov back to his old self. Terrible fluke of an injury on Leonard I hope it's not as serious as it looked. I though the refs did a fine job. Sure they missed some things but the calls they made on the Knights were penalties.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Fav part of Haltinuns 2nd goal.......#94 ex Spit Dionicio blowing coverage, standing beside the G looking bewildered after the goal.
I think a few on here said ya can adv of the lack of D IQ.
Dionicio got outworked on the empty netter too. I like Saginaw’s team - they’re a very good club and it should be a close series. But I never understood the Dionicio pickup. You already have a riverboat gambler in Parekh. Why add another. He’d look great on LW which Windsor used him as at times.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
But the fact is...you still don't get it. I said at the time when he played I felt he was the most NHL ready on the team. Your confusing that with everything else. This is where I walk away because it's just not worth all the tapping on the screen.

The Hatcher dig was he used to complain about Jones and has been doing since he was a kid prior to playing for the Knight. Max Jones and Hatcher had a long history and Hatcher had an unhealthy obsession of Max Jones. And it was a joke since you said he went after all the litte players which is a ridiculous comment. But hey...you do you.
Ok I don't get it. Happy? Lol.
Ok let's play your game
No your a phycologist?
"Unhealthy obsession"...... what was unhealthy about Hatchers "obsession" Was it physical? Emotional? Physiological? How did it manifest.
Did it lead to a lack of sleep, loss of appetite, substance abuse??????
Bet ya cant back that up either. (and no not a Hatcher fan, but also a fan of making stuff up)
Ill let ya in on a little secret......coaches speak in public to try n gain an advantage, not neccessairly cause they have unhealthy obsession lol. ( even the Hunters do it sometimes ;))
And Sarnia did have a younger, smaller player targeted by Jones who took his shot at him just for reference.
Hyperbole and making up your own reality as fact doesnt help you to look smart or right lol, just looks like reaching.
I didn't agree with your assessment of a player, you got personal. Cool. Coulda just agreed to disagree.
But hey you do you lol.
He did go after smaller players........saw every game at home he wore a Knights jersey in except 2. Saw every other game on TV. And people on his own staff said so but Let's take your word for it lol.
Again go back n read the post I responded to original.
Might give ya some clarity if ya got an open mind.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Big W.
One team had to leave game 1 being down for the first time this series.
Both teams dealing with players out.
Simpson held the fort til 12 made his mark in the 3rd.
Saginaw won't roll over.
But I like LKs chances even more after this game.

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
What's impressive is seeing different players step up and contribute toward the team's success. Even those players who don't get big ice time have found ways to contribute. Tonight, it was Haltenen, taking the baton from Jullien, but these guys seemingly find ways to support each other.
Trying their best to hang the handle "Backdoor Boys on the Spirit.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
What's impressive is seeing different players step up and contribute toward the team's success. Even those players who don't get big ice time have found ways to contribute. Tonight, it was Haltenen, taking the baton from Jullien, but these guys seemingly find ways to support each other.
Trying their best to hang the handle "Backdoor Boys on the Spirit.
It's a long way from over..🙂

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Careful, you don't want to take the "whiner" label away from the Soo fanbase.
Nah, it was just a couple over the top homers - the ex media guy and “insider”. You say one thing that doesn’t show the Hounds in a positive light, they attack. London has more than their share of fans like that. It’s all good Pops. Felt your Hounds played well enough to be here tonight. No slight against Saginaw.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Would have sucked if Saginaw came into our rink having just played Game 7 two nights earlier and taken the "W". No doubt this one is far from over BUT that was an important win in my books that we somewhat had to have. Well done boys dug deep and got past a hot goalie! 9W down 7W to go ......

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Would have sucked if Saginaw came into our rink having just played Game 7 two nights earlier and taken the "W". No doubt this one is far from over BUT that was an important win in my books that we somewhat had to have. Well done boys dug deep and got past a hot goalie!
Yeah, it did kind of feel like a must win. Had London lost, you have to win 4/6 with 3 games a piece in each rink without Lawrence for 3 and potentially Edward and Leonard out indefinitely (speculation, not fact).

If things get real dicey on D, you could always put Sam O’Reilly back there. He used to be a D if I’m not mistaken and plays a very good 200ft game already on F. Would further weaken your F group though.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
3 unbeaten teams left in the playoffs in the CHL. Knights (OHL), Baie-Comeau Drakkar (Q), are both 9-0. Portland Winterhawks are 8-0 but are losing 3-0 to Prince George who finished top of the CHL rankings. After tonight looks like it will be 2 who haven’t tasted defeat yet. Tonight was close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad