London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
heard the same about Stranges and Lucas Rowe

I have heard there are curfew and issues with Gerard Keane and I can only hope it was BS. Mark and Dale won't tolerate that crap and he is poised to take big strides this year. The same informant told me his ears are painted on and doesn't listen very well.

I don't think we need to hear about curfew, find us a teenager that never broke a curfew and we'll find you a liar. Life is boring if you didn't have rules or meaningless curfew to break, now if we were talking about breaking the law that would be completely deferent and very serious. IMHO

Reactions: zman77

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I don't think we need to hear about curfew, find us a teenager that never broke a curfew and we'll find you a liar. Life is boring if you didn't have rules or meaningless curfew to break, now if we were talking about breaking the law that would be completely deferent and very serious. IMHO
You and I may not put a lot of value into breaking curfews but OHL and NHL clubs do.

Reactions: aresknights

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
You and I may not put a lot of value into breaking curfews but OHL and NHL clubs do.

There will always be curfews to be broken by teenagers, whether or not you or I puts any values to it or not is not the point. It’s whether or not for anyone of us fans on the outside of team circle have any business knowing private player activities other then the game of hockey itself. What players do in their privacy is best kept private unless laws are being broken. We were all teenagers once and all at one time or another foolishly broken some rules and curfews, and most of them either discovered or not were kept out of public knowledge. To publicly bring shame to player(s) is counterproductive for the young man and the hockey team, best keep it private from my experienced opinion on this very matter.

I think a lot of the "entitled" attitude of youngsters coming into the OHL is based solely on the fact that in Minor Hockey the stars are coddled and silver spooned. They come to the OHL having been the "cock of the walk" in Midget and the reality check smacks them right between the eyes. It's on them to either grasp that reality or find themselves shuffled aside very quickly. A kid with these issues has nobody to blame but themselves

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Never really viewed the whole curfew thing as actually being about curfew. Seems to be a proxy for precisely establishing who is in charge, that there will be those that set the rules and there will be those expected to follow the rules. No gray areas, no fuzzy math. A place for everyone and everyone in their place.

Never really viewed the whole curfew thing as actually being about curfew. Seems to be a proxy for precisely establishing who is in charge, that there will be those that set the rules and there will be those expected to follow the rules. No gray areas, no fuzzy math. A place for everyone and everyone in their place.
Again

bigger-than-team.png

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Exactly PP31. I agree with George 100%. It is the "entitled " attitude that gets me livid. I threw a guy out of my shop for acting like an entitled ***hole and he genuinely screwed himself. He pissed off the only guy this side of TO that could fix his stuff. He came back a little more humble but not humble enough for me to deal with him. My old man would have got 20 years for child abuse under today's standards and I don't think it hurt any of my brothers or kids in my neighborhood. You mouthed off to an adult you got a back-hander for sure. Most of the kids today are arrogant little sobs that can't tell time or write their name. They have all the fffffing answers but have no idea what the question is. There are some that are respectful, caring and genuine and that is a direct reflection on their parents. I hear the way they talk to their parents and if I would have tried that crap I wouldn't be here today to talk about it.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
You have kids leaving home for the first time mixing it up with older kids of voting and drinking age, try to be the good little boy when temptation is all around with no parents to discipline. It's all there and it's best we don't hear about it except for team personnel, some kids will feeds off the publicity thinking nothing of it while others can see their career end in embarrassment not for lack of talent but for lack of maturity to face the public just yet.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Lets not paint the whole generation with the spoiled brushed.
Had the pleasure of working with many respectful, hard working, heads on straight kids.
And many the last few years.
If anything Ive seen the "outside" influences change more over the years Ive been involved that lead to issues.
Always been bad apples, and great kids and the ones in the middle for generations.
Parents, advisors, coaches whatever.......I wont comment other than to say just seems different to me than in the past and I get these interested parties have a vested interest in the kids success but sometimes I question the tint level on the shades they wear.

Kids are kids at the end of the day and are mentored, directed, influenced, sheltered by adults all along the way.
Come the teen years they start finding their own way more n more.

Its was said earlier by another poster, the kids with entitlement issues figure it out or don't as young adults. I've seen both in Knights uniforms. (But I dont blame them at 15....its other factors)

JMO

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

there’s another one on the team for that, not sure it’s my place to say who that is however barring its just a rumour

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I think Dane Fox was one that stretched the “rules” and was shown the door. They tried to work with him but could succeed

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Lets not paint the whole generation with the spoiled brushed.
Had the pleasure of working with many respectful, hard working, heads on straight kids. And many the last few years.
If anything Ive seen the "outside" influences change more over the years leading to issues.
Always been bad apples, and great kids and the ones in the middle.
Parents, advisors, coaches whatever.......I wont comment. Just seems different to me.

Kids are kids at the end of the day and are mentored, directed, influenced, sheltered by adults all along the way.
Come the teen years they start finding their own way more n more.

Its was said earlier by another poster, the kids with entitlement issues figure it out or don't as young adults. I've seen both in Knights uniforms. (But I dont blame them at 15....its other factors)

JMO

You are right Aresknights, it's a very good post and well put, we do see a variety of young players coming in as kids have good experience here with no problems and leave as young adults.

The concern here, (regardless how terrible the kid is to handle on the team) is more about their privacy and how much of it should be publicize outside of the team confinement , and the affects it may have on some of them. Most kids at this junior level are being progressively introduced to handle publicity as they mature, public team outings is one example , but their personal lives and privacy most be protected. IMHO

You are right Aresknights, it's a very good post and well put, we do see a variety of young players coming in as kids have good experience here with no problems and leave as young adults.

The concern here, (regardless how terrible the kid is to handle on the team) is more about their privacy and how much of it should be publicize outside of the team confinement , and the affects it may have on some of them. Most kids at this junior level are being progressively introduced to handle publicity as they mature, public team outings is one example , but their personal lives and privacy most be protected. IMHO
If a certain player has issues with team set rules and such it isn't confined to just the team. The people who need to know will know well in advance. It being stated outside the doors of the room is AFTER the fact. There is no privacy when it pertains to these issues. Case in point..players sliding in the most recent NHL draft because of disclosed "issues" of work ethic

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016

There's a very important exception to this thought, and it concerns the individual players' mental state of mind. These are kids in the process of growing into men, and doing so in a very "macho" type of environment. They face issues of competition for their place on the team, and playing time when they manage to secure a roster spot. That's a lot of pressure, and not all are equipped to handle it.Several seasons ago, there was a player in Saginaw who was unable to cope with being cut, and in his mind, his world had ended. A player should never reach that point, without some sort of support, and that means that those surrounding that individual have to be privy to some very personal information. In today's world, it's not enough to promote the idea that a player should just "man up" and deal with whatever challenges come their way on their own. There has to be some dialogue with regard to how these players are feeling, and if they're looking forward.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Thanks Nelli.
He may have been misdiagnosed by the Red Wings Medical Staff.
When they did the MRI and XRays there was 'no structural issues' except very inflamed.
Article:
Once London's season had ended, Regula was signed by the Grand Rapids Griffins to an amateur tryout to get a taste of professional hockey as the Griffins embarked on their playoff run.
It was in Grand Rapids where Regula irritated his left knee during training and after MRIs and X-rays, revealed there were no structural issues, the knee was just pretty inflamed and he was told to do physical therapy until the knee healed.
Unfortunately, the knee didn't come around as quickly as anticipated, causing Regula to miss all the on-ice sessions of last week's development camp, though he did participate in all the off-ice activities.
Mark Hunter will probably get a second opinion:
“You’re always concerned when someone is injured,” London GM Mark Hunter said. “We will do our due diligence, as always, to find out the severity of it and when he can start playing again.”
By the Numbers Prospects: Alec Regula

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If a certain player has issues with team set rules and such it isn't confined to just the team. The people who need to know will know well in advance. It being stated outside the doors of the room is AFTER the fact. There is no privacy when it pertains to these issues. Case in point..players sliding in the most recent NHL draft because of disclosed "issues" of work ethic

I have no problem in the world of hockey for other players, coaches, teams and pro leagues finding out all issues with certain player(s) conduct in or out of hockey rink, they wouldn't be doing their job properly if they didn't. I just don't see why you or I and other fans that have no business attachment to a player or his team other paying entry fees, why we would have the needs to know about his private life at his home or around his friends. Why should we be interested in a player's private life, beside of few rumors here and there and limited word of mouth it that should be about all. While the reporting of the local media should be solely concentrated and limited to hockey. activities. We don't need to take ownership of a player's private life just because we have interest of cheering for him or his team, we're just hockey team supporters and hockey fans

I have no problem in the world of hockey for other players, coaches, teams and pro leagues finding out all issues with certain player(s) conduct in or out of hockey rink, they wouldn't be doing their job properly if they didn't. I just don't see why you or I and other fans that have no business attachment to a player or his team other paying entry fees, why we would have the needs to know about his private life at his home or around his friends. Why should we be interested in a player's private life, beside of few rumors here and there and limited word of mouth it that should be about all. While the reporting of the local media should be solely concentrated and limited to hockey. activities. We don't need to take ownership of a player's private life just because we have interest of cheering for him or his team, we're just hockey team supporters and hockey fans
True in 1985...not so true in 2019. You slip up today and it's public knowledge almost immediately.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
True in 1985...not so true in 2019. You slip up today and it's public knowledge almost immediately.

Oh I absolutely have to agree with you here for sure PP, I did overlook a very important subject

With all the social media around in today’s world, the player(s) wouldn’t have time to get home before everyone found out what they’ve been up to

Oh I absolutely have to agree with you here for sure PP, I did overlook a very important subject

With all the social media around in today’s world, the player(s) wouldn’t have time to get home before everyone found out what they’ve been up to
Just takes one tweet of someone taking a pic of one of the boys at a bar on Richmond Row.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
In the immortal words of Alan Iverson:
“Curfew, we’re talking about Curfew, Curfew I mean we’re talking about Curfew”?

Dog days of summer for hockey fans! We need some “Big News” something to wake us all up!

Reactions: KnightsWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad